FAO Marms - TT with Silver Paddles

N8

Kowalski Details
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
This is on the upcoming TT-S, when will part no. s be available????

LOOK!!!!!!!!!!

audi-tt-s-leaked-18.jpg

:hubbahubba: :hubbahubba: :hubbahubba: :hubbahubba: :hubbahubba: :hubbahubba: :hubbahubba: :hubbahubba: :hubbahubba: :hubbahubba:

Can't find any listing for the alloy paddles for the TT at the moment. Clearly they are now available but the (latest) version of ETKA which I have access to doesn't list them.

I will of course drop you a line if I can find the part number.

So do I need to ring the dealer, whats the best plan of action marms? When do the parts of future models become available? Also I've damaged my silver trim on my flat botttom steering wheel, could you get me the part no. is it expensive??? thanks boss

8J0 419 869 Q77 for the Aluminum surround (Audi call it a Guide Ring)

Possibly parts for TT Alloy DSG paddles.

8J0 951 527 A Q77 - Left
8J0 951 528 A Q77 - Right

Can't guarantee these though as they are not currently on the Audi ETKA but are on the price list.

Marms,

could you do me a favour, could you please check the part no. of the airbag of a flat bottom wheel with the multifunction support.
the airbag has a mesh pattern in the middle aswell.

thanks!

drnutta said:
Marms,

could you do me a favor, could you please check the part no. of the airbag of a flat bottom wheel with the multifunction support.
the airbag has a mesh pattern in the middle as well.

thanks!

I take it we are talking about the TT flat bottomed steering wheel as this is the one N8KOW has been referring to in this thread ?

If so then the Part number is 8J0 880 201 E 6PS

You will definitely want to check this with a dealer though as there are so many part numbers for air bags it is unreal. You need the chassis number to be sure of getting the correct one.

If you already have an airbag it is easiest simply to remove the two screws from the back of the steering wheel and have a look at the part number on the actual air bag.

thanks reason why i asked is i am trying to figure out the power if i need the 2nd plug on the airbag to power the multifuntion part of the wheel.

I too order a flat bottom but 1 airbag has 1 plug so i dont know how the multifunction part would work.

drnutta said:
thanks reason why i asked is i am trying to figure out the power if i need the 2nd plug on the airbag to power the multifuntion part of the wheel.

I too order a flat bottom but 1 airbag has 1 plug so i dont know how the multifunction part would work.
dont worry too much about the cable. If you've found an airbag that fits the wheel then you can buy the small loom either with or without multi function/ dsg support and change the one on the existing airbag. Costs about £17.

The cable on the back of the air bag can be easily changed.

Part number for non multifuction and/or DSG cars is 8JO 971 589 A

Part number for Multifunction and/or DSG is 8J0 971 589 B

To remove the cable from the airbag you need to remove the little yellow bung in the middle of each plug first.

N8KOW said:
Thank you so much marms - When do the parts of future models become available?

Not sure really but generally in the motor trade, new parts are made available to dealers a couple of months before the launch of the new models. This allows time for the dealers to order 'core' stock ready for when the cars hit the roads.

Core stock would be items that would be considered essential for running and obviously service items. I doubt steering wheel switches will be considered core stock so they may take a while before they are available.

The actual part numbers will probably appear in the next couple of updates to the ETKA. At least then you will know the part numbers but they will most likely be back ordered for many months yet as they will essentially only be available as a whole steering wheel package until there is a requirement for people to buy the items later on. If you had a new car and one failed then the item would be covered by warranty and would most likely result in a steering wheel swap.

Not great news for you I know but just being realistic on the chances of seeing these in the Audi parts bins any time soon.

When I know the correct parts number as published on ETKA I will let you know because untillthey appear there we are essentially just guessing.

marms, the 'alloy' paddles I picked up yesterday are black plastic with a silver cover front, probably not even alloy. So if you want them for the colour, fine but they won't have the feel of proper alloy paddles. They seem pricey for £98, but I had to find out. :-(

I'll be fitting mine next week as the weather was such a cow this weekend.

Sorry Mike, I thought you knew what you were ordering.

N8KOW's original post was regarding the Alloy paddles as found on the S8. I'm not sure what made you think they were solid aluminium. I simply got the part numbers for the parts N8KOW was asking about. The paddles in the picture of the TTS look identical to the ones I have on my wheel so I don't think they will be solid aluminium.

The paddles I have on my wheel are indeed plastic at the back and alluminium on the front. Mine are definitely made from aluminium which is hollowed out at the back so they can get a wire in for the -/+ illumination.

I'd recommend you fit them anywhay as mine are way better than the original plastic ones I had on my original wheel. The feel of the click is nowhere near as 'clicky'.

Once again, sorry if you found my post of the part numbers misleading.

marms, no harm done, I'll fit them when I get a chance and they will look the nuts.

Someone showed me a set of R32 alloy paddles a couple of years ago and they were solid alloy castings.

I was originally trying to get a set which had extended levers a bit like the Fezza 360 or Aston DB9 paddles, but I soon realised I'd have to get someone to CNC them for me after getting my brother to do the design (He designs bits for Ford, Volvo etc.). But stuff it what's the point?