Audi TT-S! WOW! Lookie

looks very nice.

If those mock-ups can be trusted too, looks like it'll be offered in automatic too.

Good find, `does anyone know if that TT "dead" pedal fit an A3?

Looks nice, spoke to a dealer about the TTS the other day, as usual ''no nothing about it''

Mark

You're going to be looking at Cayman money though, eh?
I know the base Cayman might be slightly less bhp, but I'd rather have a Cayman any day.
I'm not a Porsche fan, particularly, but I like the Cayman a lot.

That is really nice.

The normal TT is too expensive (IMO) so thats going to be ridiculously priced :(

Somebody rumoured 33k + options! Sounds a lot to me ( 6k more than S3 with very similar engine ! ).

Cayman starts at 36k, problem is when you start adding options ( stuff like Xenons ) you soon get to 40k!

Dread to think how much the rumoured TTR with the 2.5 V5 Turbo Engine will be!

If you really want to cry take a look at how much these cars sell for in the US!

s3mike said:
Cayman starts at 36k, problem is when you start adding options ( stuff like Xenons ) you soon get to 40k!

Here's a thought though.
What would the planned residuals be like between the two?
Could you actually end up better off with the Cayman, in real terms?

bowfer said:
You're going to be looking at Cayman money though, eh?
I know the base Cayman might be slightly less bhp, but I'd rather have a Cayman any day.
I'm not a Porsche fan, particularly, but I like the Cayman a lot.

Got to agree really, love the looks of the Cayman but the interior just does not feel special for me, the TT interior feels a much nicer place to be. I did test drive the Cayman S before getting the S3, although I did like it, fabulous chassis, but did not see it at 20k more than the S3.
Will be intersting to see how much the TTS will be, think you may be right though 35k ish.

Mark

CAP suggest 54% residuals for a TT over three years.
But they suggest the Cayman will still be worth 54% after 4 years.

i can beleive that for the cayman tbh. I've been looking at them around my way, and second hand examples are all around £37k.

According to Whatcar.

Cayman - 54% retained value after 3 years / 36k
TT Roadster 3.2 Quattro - 56%

Not sure if the Porsche dealers have been reading though as their secondhand prices seem rather steep! ( probably due to all the cars having 10k worth of options when new ! ).

Not sure about the S3 residuals but I'll find out eventually!

s3mike said:
According to Whatcar.

Cayman - 54% retained value after 3 years / 36k
TT Roadster 3.2 Quattro - 56%

Even a cursory glance on autotrader shows those projected residuals for the Cayman must be wrong.
There are 2005 ones going for £34K-£35K
If the 54% residual figure was correct, that would mean the original purchase price was around £64K.
Hardly!

s3mike said:
Not sure if the Porsche dealers have been reading though as their secondhand prices seem rather steep! ( probably due to all the cars having 10k worth of options when new ! ).quote]

Porsche salesman tried to tell me the Cayman S would still be worth 75% of purchase price after 3 years, don't think so somehow !

Mark

markwiggy said:
Got to agree really, love the looks of the Cayman but the interior just does not feel special for me, the TT interior feels a much nicer place to be.

I'd agree...
But one is much better to drive. And it's not the TT.
The interior can be as great as you like, but as a drivers car...it counts for little.

I did test drive the Cayman S before getting the S3, although I did like it, fabulous chassis, but did not see it at 20k more than the S3.

Hardly comparable though, are they?
2 seater sports car vs pumped up 4WD luxury hatch?

For practicality, space, interior, the Audi is streets ahead.
For anyone who wants to actually drive the thing hard...I think the £20k is easy to justify.

If the new S3 is anything like the 8L S3, and every other Audi on the road...the Audi will prove to have an appetite for tyres, brakes, track rod ends and other bushes that the Cayenne simply doesn't wear.

My 996 C4S has cost me (or my warranty) considerably less to maintain over 3 years than my S3 did, because it's properly engineered from the start, for the type of driving it was treated to (less tyre wear, brake wear, bush wear, track rod end wear etc) despite the 996 (and Cayman) being as quick if not quicker - and substantially better (and you would think, harder) on the brakes.
...but the S3 had a better interior.

markwiggy said:
Porsche salesman tried to tell me the Cayman S would still be worth 75% of purchase price after 3 years, don't think so somehow !

Mark

You seen what 3 year old ones are going for?
He might have a point.
In fact, it might even be better than that, going by autotrader.
Is it that hard to believe, given that the humble Mini is going for 60-65% after three years?

Ess Three, totally agree with you although I have yet to drive the TT let alone the TTS ( If it happens) Also it was not just 20k it would also have meant the purchase of another vehicle to transport my mountain bikes.
I do still look at the Cayman S prices, and at times I am very tempted to take the plunge.

Mark

bowfer said:
Even a cursory glance on autotrader shows those projected residuals for the Cayman must be wrong.
There are 2005 ones going for £34K-£35K
If the 54% residual figure was correct, that would mean the original purchase price was around £64K.
Hardly!

Agree with you there, I have been monitoring the prices for a while now as I aspire to own the Cayman S so was hoping the projected residuals were correct, a quick look on Porsche website tells you otherwise.

You only have to look at the money 5yr old Boxsters attain to realise these cars make a good investment. I could never justify the price of a new one with my limited mileage especially as it has zero boot space but once my little girl reaches 3 and no longer needs a buggy I will seriously look.

The TT -s is gorgeous but for me there is no comparison - I'd have the porsche.

markwiggy said:

Mark

I could believe it...
If you option wisely and take care on the colour.

markwiggy said:
Ess Three, totally agree with you although I have yet to drive the TT let alone the TTS ( If it happens) Also it was not just 20k it would also have meant the purchase of another vehicle to transport my mountain bikes.
I do still look at the Cayman S prices, and at times I am very tempted to take the plunge.

Mark

I know what you mean...
Sadly, nice spec Cayman is nearly 911 money...and you get an extra 2 seats with those.
Which for some...is the clincher.

But for practicality...no non-Cayenne Porsche is exactly practical.
But...they are sports Cars...and don't pretend to be.

You can get a rather fetching room mounted bike rack for a 911 though...

Ess_Three said:
I could believe it...
If you option wisely and take care on the colour.

Mmmm Maybe, did spec one up and hit 50k+ without trying, may look at a 12month old one ????? or may not.

Will the bike rack fit the Cayman, He ! He !, How uncool would that look.

Mark

N8KOW said:

Have been looking on BMW sport-net... seems many folks have serious mis-info about Audi TT see my reply to a recent post!

Originally Posted by jxxxxxxxx
TT's handle like a bag of spanners with that crap haldex system,understeer is for girls who cant drive.
Plus the sound of a proper 6 pot is sooo sweet next to a pissy little 4 pot with a turbo.
OK for the hairdressers though or if your having a mid life crisis.

May I suggest that you get your facts correct before responding in this way!

The new Audi 3.2 Quattro is a V6 and sounds very sweet. The handling with Quattro is spot on and more than a match for BMW. New Quattro Audis also have a new 4 wheel drive system. The 4 pot 2.0T Fsi is only FWD and does not therefore have any 'haldex system.

May I suggest you try a product, do your homework before spouting off with incorrect data!
Perhaps a few BM (and Merc is it Jaxxx:icon_thumright: ?) drivers should review and try the superior Audi product... IMHO

markwiggy said:
Mmmm Maybe, did spec one up and hit 50k+ without trying, may look at a 12month old one ????? or may not.

I know the feeling...
Mine went from £64k to £80k before I had to reign myself in.

Will the bike rack fit the Cayman, He ! He !, How uncool would that look.

I'll bet they do one...
Uncool...perhaps...or uber cool - the man who refuses to be sensible with his car choice and still wants to mountain bike - at all costs!

RGBArgee said:
The new Audi 3.2 Quattro is a V6 and sounds very sweet.

Indeed it is...but objectively, it's still nose heavy compared to a BMW 6pot in say a Z4.

The handling with Quattro is spot on and more than a match for BMW.

True...in normal driving.
On the limit the audi will understeer where the BM remains more neutral.

New Quattro Audis also have a new 4 wheel drive system.

Which is still FWD biased and understeers!

I have neither...just being objective...
Neither are perfect...

Perhaps a few BM (and Merc is it Jaxxx:icon_thumright: ?) drivers should review and try the superior Audi product... IMHO

Superior is a very objective term...
Driving dynamics or interior build quality?

Ess_Three said:
Indeed it is...but objectively, it's still nose heavy compared to a BMW 6pot in say a Z4.

True...in normal driving.
On the limit the audi will understeer where the BM remains more neutral.

Which is still FWD biased and understeers!

I have neither...just being objective...
Neither are perfect...

Superior is a very objective term...
Driving dynamics or interior build quality?

Agree , nice positive and polite reply unlike the personal abuse I have just received in a PM from a BMW Sport post, maybe another reason I prefer Audis.

Does anybody know when the tt-s will be available in the uk?
Thanks

I was told Sept but looks like it could be sooner.

R:icon_thumright:

JohnS3 said:
The link doesn't work. If thats the A3 one on the vagparts site, it's only for LHD cars. :(

Have a look at the RS4 one though???
Do you think that would fit?

jamiekip said:
Have a look at the RS4 one though???
Do you think that would fit?

Without modification? No chance. With modification then its a reasonable possibility IMO.

Might wait for this. Really like the look of it. Im due a car change in august so hopefully it will have been released. My only other options for cars are a low mileage impreza rb320, new s3 or the new evo x. Going to try all of them. I know the jap cars are more driver focused cars but i need a quick car that i can also live with every day. All of them specced will be roughly the same price except the impreza and the s3 may be a few grand cheaper.

Looks nice. Especially like the quad exhaust - just for something a bit different. Why not see that on the S3, same engine after all??

But like others I imagine that it'll be Cayman (easily Boxster) money.

I'd take the Porka (then I would say that). TT has a nice interior but at least the Porsche has the engine in the correct place and RWD!

Also dont be fooled by the Porsche Boxster/Cayman in terms of practicality. If you don't need the rear seats the front and rear luggage compartments are quite large.

nice. can't wait for a decent review of this once its in production. I'd be interested in the results of the extra power and the magnetic suspension...

The new TT has blown apart any images of hairdresser car that some people associated it with.

This is a serious contender for my next car...