To Tint or Not To Tint? Waiting on my Audi!!

GlasgowRangers

Reaction score
I'm ticking down the days here. I haven't ever anticipated anything so much in my life. One more month to go but the wait is killing me. Here is the spec I have ordered:

1.8 TFSi A3 in Brilliant Black, Sports Edition, Xenon Plus, Parking Sensors, 18'' RS4 Wheels, Abt 35mm Springs, Multi-Function Steering Wheel, Audi Concert II+, Light and Rain Pack, black/grey Matrix Style Sports Seats and all the other gear that comes with the sports pack.

This is probable going tyo be the longest wait of my life. I ordered the car as soon as I got back to Turkey from Glasgow on the 28th of December and I had intentions of buying the car on the day. Unfortunately they didn't have one available in the spec I was after even after doing a nationwide search in Turkey. They were able to come up with this car which was already being made on the production line but for some unknown reason the intended buyer had dropped out of the purchase. He quoted me 6 weeks to delivery and that was on the 28th. Almost 2 weeks later and the wait is killing me.

In the meantime, has anybody got any suggestions about adding a tint to the car. As I said, I work and live in Turkey so the sun can get a wee bit hot here in summer time. What would you recommend in the way of a nice deep black tint? Something to match the colour of the car. I'm not to worried about the polis here because I've heard that they generally don't give 2 hoots about things like that here but how much of a tint is safe? Should I do the same to all windows or only the sides and apply a lesser tin on the back and front?

Your input is appreciated guys...this forum has really helped me out so far but has also fuelled the anticipation!!

Cheers.

Gordon

I have tints on my BM at the moment and think they are great. They make they car look much better, black tints on black car. They were after market tints from protint in Sheffield. They did a good job and was happy, but over the 2 years since Ihad the tints done, there are now vertical scratch marks on both the front windows, and a few on the back ones. These have come from fine dust particles scratching the film when the window is wound up and down. You can really see them when the windows are clean, and its starting to do my nut now! Im glad the cars going in a month because I'd be tempted to get shut of them otherwise...

I got a dark tint on the back windows and a lighter one on the front for 2 reasons. 1. cause you cant tint the front windows here legally.. and 2. so it dont look like Im dealing.

Never had any bother from the cops or owt... so thats cool.

Would I do it on my soon to arrive S3?? Probably not. The scratch marks have done me in!

Perhaps if it wasnt a film and done at manufacture Id think more of it.

Factory tints are the best. Robin's got them on his 2.0TFSI and it looks perfect.

Factory tints are without doubt the best option in terms of quality but could be a problem when it's time to sell as not everyone likes/wants tinted glass. At least with the after market tinting you can remove the tint prior to sale.