Volks AutosAH Fabrications

Thread: Alarm

5th Gear

Status

Alarm

Does the alarm on an A3 S-line have movement sensors? So if it was to be jacked up it would set the alarm off?

We had some really really strong winds last night, there was a particularly big gust of wind then I heard my car alarm go off! Unlocked it, then locked again and never heard anything from it the rest of the night but then the wind wasn't as strong. All I can think is that it has sensors to detect if its being jacked up and the strong gust of wind set it off?

The wind was pretty horrific last night
    Sold: A3 2.0 TDI 170 S-line | Full leather | BOSE | Phantom Black | Bluefin
    Now: Mini John Cooper Works

2. # ADS
    ADS

I've had similar problems in the past with a much older Audi (Audi 90 2.3e) and it was caused by strong winds blowing through the ventilation/heating system and setting off the ultrasonic sensors inside the car. The only cure was to remember to close all the vents at night.

I've not had any similar problems with any of my A3s.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

6th Gear

Status
    The A3 8P does have a tilt sensor the switch to disable it is on the drivers door.

Paul
    2011 (MY12) Skoda Octavia II FL VRS Manual Hatch 2.0Tsi in Race Blue.
    Gone not forgotten -
    2005 Black A3 (8P1) S-Line 2.0TDi DSG. Eibach Pro Springs, Koni FSD shocks and a few bling bits inside.
    Revo 99 GTi Turbo, too much to list mod wise.
    92 Golf Gti Mark 2 16V.

VCDS HEX-USB+CAN

The A3 8P does have a tilt sensor the switch to disable it is on the drivers door.
    Also in the same place is a switch to switch off the interior monitoring.

The Owner's Handbook also says the "The Tow-away protection protection feature, which is intergrated in the alarm system, should be be de if the car is being towed or transported (for instance by rail or ship)" I assume therefore there is some form of movement sensor.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

I cant spell !

Status
    ha ha the alarm is that quite you would not hear it !! Jacked mine up at the weekend and set the alrm off, only realied it was going off as the hazards where flashing !
    Wish there was some way of getting the factory alarm to sound a bit louder !

Richard
    MY12 Black edition TT Roadster with a tractor engine !

Mellow Yellow

Status
    almost certainly this was just the 'shock' sensors that detect a window being broken. there is a button on the rear edge of the drivers door (only visible with the door open) that will allow you to switch these sensors off. Next time you unlock the car/relock the car they will be reactivated.

GlasgowRangersFC

Status
    Does the A3 Sport come with an alarm or is it an option?

2nd Gear

Status
    I love the tale of the guy who parked his car near Anfield on match day. As he got out he was accosted by a few of the young local scallies who offered to mind his car for a fiver. "No need lads" he said "the rottweiler's in the back"
    "Can he put out fires mister?" one asked.
    He paid up.
    A3 2.0TDI Sportback S Line 184 Quattro S-Tronic, Mar. 2014 Glacier white. Electric seats, sunroof, se suspension, heated folding mirrors, Reversing camera, Nappa leather, TPMS, Hold assist, Xenon plus adaptive lights with variable active range control, lane assist, Interior light pack, Technology pack, Comfort pack with ACC, park assist & parking system plus