AH FabricationsEM Tuning

Thread: GALA??

Up the owls!

Status

GALA??

Hi all,

Two questions actually

1. What the hell is GALA on the RNS-E?

2. I'm sure i read somewhere that MP3 track names on the DIS were up to 64 chars, but i only seem to get 10 max, with a wasted line that just says MP3

Heres an example, sorry its blurry

March 2011 - B8 Audi S4, Ibis White, S-Tronic, Leather / Alcantera Super Sports Seats, Heated Front Seats, Advanced Key, Tech Pack High, Electrically folding and auto dimming mirrors

SOLD - 8P Audi S3. Brilliant Black, FBMF wheel, Bose, RNS-E, Auto lights/wipers, Cruise control, Tyre pressure monitor, Parking sensors, Interior light pack, GSM phone prep, Armrest, Privacy glass, Electrically folding mirrors.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by consilio
    Hi all,

Two questions actually

1. What the hell is GALA on the RNS-E?

2. I'm sure i read somewhere that MP3 track names on the DIS were up to 64 chars, but i only seem to get 10 max, with a wasted line that just says MP3
    1) GALA is the speed dependant volume setting.

2) I've had both a Symphony II and now an RNS-E in my car and both only display 7 characters max in the DIS.

I totally agree about the waste of a line for "MP3", but I guess that is just telling you what source the unit is on (Radio/CD/MP3) etc. Should have been made user-customisable IMO.
    A3 Sportback Sport 2.0 TDI 140 Mauritius Blue, Black/Grey matrix, GSM prep in armrest, MFSW, 17" 16 spoke wheels, Acoustic Parking rear, Cruise, Non-smoking pack, Symphony II+

5th Gear

Status
    8 characters in the DIS IIRC. Not that is makes much difference. Why Audi won't (can't?) mod the SW so that this just scrolls I dont understand!
    A6 3.0 TDI.

Moisty
    I thought this was a thread about Bingo!

Up the owls!

Status
    So what is the difference between GALA 1 and 5?
    March 2011 - B8 Audi S4, Ibis White, S-Tronic, Leather / Alcantera Super Sports Seats, Heated Front Seats, Advanced Key, Tech Pack High, Electrically folding and auto dimming mirrors

SOLD - 8P Audi S3. Brilliant Black, FBMF wheel, Bose, RNS-E, Auto lights/wipers, Cruise control, Tyre pressure monitor, Parking sensors, Interior light pack, GSM phone prep, Armrest, Privacy glass, Electrically folding mirrors.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by consilio
    So what is the difference between GALA 1 and 5?
    4 !!! sorry

It's the effect that the speed has on volume.

Gala 5 is maximum increase in volume for a given increase in speed
    Gala 1 is the lowest increase .....
    A3 Sportback Sport 2.0 TDI 140 Mauritius Blue, Black/Grey matrix, GSM prep in armrest, MFSW, 17" 16 spoke wheels, Acoustic Parking rear, Cruise, Non-smoking pack, Symphony II+