What Will Be Your Next Audi?

GlasgowRangers said:
The 335d runs 580 Nm of torque between 1750 and 2250 RPM.

It will make short work of your Alpina pal.

As I said I think the 335d is great, but I cannot believe what a short range the top torque has.

M

GlasgowRangers said:
The 335d runs 580 Nm of torque between 1750 and 2250 RPM.

It will make short work of your Alpina pal.

So will umpteen other cars.
I fail to see the relevance.

Yawn ...... might was well rename this site bmw-sport.net

The amount of time spent talking about the bleeding things....

With all due respect, Auroan, I find those that moan about threads 'deviating' a little perplexing.
If it had deviated from 'your next Audi' to decorating techniques, I could see your point.
However, the discussion is about Audi and why some people aren't sticking with them.
It hasn't deviated that far from the topic, in my opinion.
No more than any 'pub chat' would, which an internet forum is effectively a version of.

bowfer said:
Sorry, my calculations were a wee bit out.
405nm is 298lbft.
Alpina change a lot to get the 298lbft though.
Turbo, injectors, intercooler.
Interestingly, a chipped 320D puts out more than an Alpina.
Superchips say 411nm, which is 303lbft.
Why Alpina go to the bother of changing all those parts, when a simple re-chip would do the same, is strange.
I suspect it's because changing the turbo/injectors/intercooler gives a better spread of power, or power curve, than a simple re-chip.
I'll compare the power curves later.

Well i'd rather MUCH prefer the fact that it's changed the internals rather than played with the ECU then put a badge on it with nice trimmings.

Your getting a good car there, sounds good for sure! I wonder how much torque my remapped A3 will push out. Would it stand a chance against your D3?

Whos round is it anyway?

*Cough* Thread title "What Will Be Your Next Audi" *Cough* :shutup2:

bowfer said:
With all due respect, Auroan, I find those that moan about threads 'deviating' a little perplexing.
If it had deviated from 'your next Audi' to decorating techniques, I could see your point.
However, the discussion is about Audi and why some people aren't sticking with them.
It hasn't deviated that far from the topic, in my opinion.
No more than any 'pub chat' would, which an internet forum is effectively a version of.

I wouldn't be bothered if is wasn't for the fact that a good amount of threads end up talking about BMs

emzino said:
Well i'd rather MUCH prefer the fact that it's changed the internals rather than played with the ECU then put a badge on it with nice trimmings.

Your getting a good car there, sounds good for sure! I wonder how much torque my remapped A3 will push out. Would it stand a chance against your D3?

Oh, I'm not complaining that they've changed all the stuff, just curious.
A chipped 140 should put out around 180bhp and 395nm (291lbft)
So I dare say you would be in with a shout, given that your car weighs less.

auroan said:
I wouldn't be bothered if is wasn't for the fact that a good amount of threads end up talking about BMs

That's inveitable though, isn't it?
Given that they are the natural competitor to Audi?
Over the three years I've been here, I've seen quite a few switch to BMW.
I can't recall many/any switching to other makes.

L60N said:

Believe me, the forums that stick religiously to the title are the most boring ones.
This forum has been fun and informative for years.
If, as a newcomer,you're not happy with that, I dare say you're welcome to go to another one.

bowfer said:
Oh. Im not complaining that they've changed all the stuff, just curious.
A chipped 140 should put out around 180bhp and 395nm (291lbft)
So I dare say you would be in with a shout, given that your car weighs less.

Heh I know you ain't =) But was interesting for you to point out though.

Ooo, really... might see you on those twisty roads then mr bowfer :icon_thumright:

Back on topic, here's my baby ;)

0705_a+2008_audi_a5+05.jpg

3.0TDI (V6) Quattro Sport @ 236bhp .:. 500Nm > 369lbft .:. Max Speed 155mph .:. 0-60 in 5.9sec .:. Sticker on the back: Eat my dust :yes:

bowfer said:
If, as a newcomer,you're not happy with that, I dare say you're welcome to go to another one.

I'd hardly say I was a new comer in fact i think you'll find I've been here since Jan 2004, a whole year longer than you bowfer. I just don't post pointless drivel and BMWs

auroan said:
I'd hardly say I was a new comer in fact i think you'll find I've been here since Jan 2004, a whole year longer than you bowfer. I just don't post pointless drivel and BMWs

Read it again Auroan, it wasn't aimed at you...;)

Since im looking forward to owning an Audi im quite happy here. :icon_thumright:

L60N said:
Since im looking forward to owning an Audi im quite happy here. :icon_thumright:

And why should you move because an old hand is acting like a ****?

On the many forums i belong to, the length of time you have been there bears no relation to seniority, if this one does then it works very differently to many others.

bowfer said:
So will umpteen other cars.
I fail to see the relevance.

Relevant because you should have bought it instead if diesel, speed and power are your things which they seem to be. No?

L60N said:
Whos round is it anyway?

Totally agree! I've not commented what car I'm going for next as this is a "what audi are you getting next thread"

Anyone interested in what car's others will be getting are welcome to start a new thread :)

Mine's a Guinness

bacardi said:
Anyone interested in what car's others will be getting are welcome to start a new thread :)

And go through all this again?

Time gentlemen please!

You can't add a thread what will your next audi be and not expect others to reply with different makes, I for one wont be buying an audi next. The chances are, as already posted on the first or second page of this thread, will be replacing my wifes car. And she wants another merc.

If I change mine first then who knows I may come back to the fold but I am open minded about that.

Surely this forum, as would any other, be pretty boring if everyone shared the same views. Ooh audi's are the best thing since sliced bread yada yada yada. It's good to get some different views, it's good that some people have had bad experiences of the brand, conversely it's also good for debate that others have had little or no issues with their cars (David R you are seriously one lucky man! :) )

Auron mentioned that BMWs seemed to be mentioned in every thread - the reason is that a lot of you seem to hate the brand, most of the time it is a non BM driver that mentions them first. We know what happens when someone happens to criticise an Audi so therefore you must appreciate that us non Audi drivers feel the same and want to voice our opinions. Again this surely is good for debate?

Now I know what a few of you are going to reply, your going to mention Bowfer as he is not an Audi fan now and talks about his new D3 that’s coming. Only natural afterall, how many I’m about to become an audi owner threads are there. But do any of you happen to know what his previous car was and what he thought about it? I'm guessing that’s a no, he had an A4 that he was very impressed with, hence why he bought his current steer. Unfortunately it has failed to meet his expectations and he has voiced them which seems to have rattled a fair few of your cages.

If any of you decide to change Marques and goto a website dedicated to that new brand would you rather comments from blinkered brand lovers or would you welcome a cross spectrum of comments, both good and bad, about that car? Doesn't this give you a more rounded view to enable you to make up your mind?

I'm, along with a lot of others are, getting pretty bored of the childish replies. Just bear in mind that one of the moderators has to read all these posts (ok some do get missed!)

And before anyone chips in that I am biased because I drive a BMW that is definitely not the case, I've been involved in the VAG scene for many years. I started out with a mkII golf Gti many moons ago, I've had all the various revisions on the golf (apart from the V), and had 2 mkIV’s, and still have a very nice mint mki Gti. I am seriously considering a year old Rs4 as it's replacement later this year or an A5 Tdi if I decide to follow my head and not my heart.

I bought an audi as I decided the A3 was a definite improvement over the current golf. The fact that I kept my A3 for 2 years bore testament to this - I have a habit of changing my cars after 6-12months.

This forum is what it is because of all of you! Lets not spoil it.

Well done Marriedblonde, I for one would agree life would be pretty boring with out Bowfer and others who don't follow the I LOVE AUDI doctorine.

I agree with Married blonde totally. Im also not adverse to other marques. What im adverse to is the same old person rabbiting on about the same old *****. Its tedious.

consilio said:
BMW are *****
I dont think anyone can honestly say that BMW are `*****`...or Audi for that matter, cars are like most things in life, its all personal preferance? As for the slide of the brand continues...you could say that also about BMW, dont get me wrong-not mocking them but I see a lot more `chavved up` BMW`s on the road than I do Audi.:sorry: ......My next car will poss be a either a 130 sport or maybe S3? but I wont be changing for a while yet and the new Impreza (hatch) STI may well be out then so who knows:hubbahubba:

I'm quite interested in seeing what the TTS is like when it's launched this year. Quattro, S-Tronic and magnetic ride should make it quite interesting.

I was in the local BMW showroom today (mainly to see an R8 - go figure that it's in a BMW showroom!) and had a look at the 135 and 335 coupe models. Were quite nice although I think the interior isn't quite as good as the comparible Audi (my opinion anyway).

Will definately be trying them all out when I get round to replacing the S3 though (which I still think is fantastic).

New M3 was really nice as well (but way out my price range).

Wes G said:
I dont think anyone can honestly say that BMW are `*****`...or Audi for that matter, cars are like most things in life, its all personal preferance? As for the slide of the brand continues...you could say that also about BMW, dont get me wrong-not mocking them but I see a lot more `chavved up` BMW`s on the road than I do Audi.:sorry: ......My next car will poss be a either a 130 sport or maybe S3? but I wont be changing for a while yet and the new Impreza (hatch) STI may well be out then so who knows:hubbahubba:

I was just messing, in fact I used to prefer BMW to Audi.

If I go for Audi, then RS5 or maybe the R4, otherwise Noble M400 or something similar, really fancy a raw lightweight performance car after 8 years of driving big heavy shopping carts! (although loving the S3 despite its big bones!)

marriedblonde said:
If any of you decide to change Marques and goto a website dedicated to that new brand would you rather comments from blinkered brand lovers or would you welcome a cross spectrum of comments, both good and bad, about that car? Doesn't this give you a more rounded view to enable you to make up your mind?
I was looking at the 335i last year before deciding on the S3 towards the end of the year (totally different cars, I know). Was trolling a certain bmw forum, and it's obvious audi flaming is what all the cool kids do. Moderators there even chime in! Being an audi owner, and reading that site just makes me not want to associate with the most owners based on all the fanboy comments. Kudos for your stand here.

In the end, it was the realisation of the fact that I spend most of my time stuck in traffic congestions that made me want a well built small hatchback. If I wanted a go fast car, a gutted evo would work fine.

The N54 is certainly a beauty though, heard they are pushing 400whp/tq now. Pretty amazing considering the size of the turbos.

I've only had my V6TT 12 months and its only got 5,000miles on it and I'm not changing for about 18months yet. When I do change, it'll be my 5th Audi, either an S5 or if the rumours are true, the RS-TT....which may be out by August '09 when I'm changing.