Badger5Chris Nott
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Results 201 to 232 of 232
  1. #201
    Moisty
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GlasgowRangers
    The 335d runs 580 Nm of torque between 1750 and 2250 RPM.

    It will make short work of your Alpina pal.
    As I said I think the 335d is great, but I cannot believe what a short range the top torque has.


    M

  2. # ADS
    ADS
     
  3. #202
    Amchlolor's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    5,602
    Quote Originally Posted by GlasgowRangers
    The 335d runs 580 Nm of torque between 1750 and 2250 RPM.

    It will make short work of your Alpina pal.
    So will umpteen other cars.
    I fail to see the relevance.
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

  4. #203
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    York
    Posts
    1,657
    Yawn ...... might was well rename this site bmw-sport.net

    The amount of time spent talking about the bleeding things....

  5. #204
    Amchlolor's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    5,602
    With all due respect, Auroan, I find those that moan about threads 'deviating' a little perplexing.
    If it had deviated from 'your next Audi' to decorating techniques, I could see your point.
    However, the discussion is about Audi and why some people aren't sticking with them.
    It hasn't deviated that far from the topic, in my opinion.
    No more than any 'pub chat' would, which an internet forum is effectively a version of.
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

  6. #205
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    1,224
    Quote Originally Posted by bowfer
    Sorry, my calculations were a wee bit out.
    405nm is 298lbft.
    Alpina change a lot to get the 298lbft though.
    Turbo, injectors, intercooler.
    Interestingly, a chipped 320D puts out more than an Alpina.
    Superchips say 411nm, which is 303lbft.
    Why Alpina go to the bother of changing all those parts, when a simple re-chip would do the same, is strange.
    I suspect it's because changing the turbo/injectors/intercooler gives a better spread of power, or power curve, than a simple re-chip.
    I'll compare the power curves later.
    Well i'd rather MUCH prefer the fact that it's changed the internals rather than played with the ECU then put a badge on it with nice trimmings.

    Your getting a good car there, sounds good for sure! I wonder how much torque my remapped A3 will push out. Would it stand a chance against your D3?
    Audi A3 (8P) 2.0TDI SE .:. Ebony Black, Sports Suspension, Vienna Beige Sports Leather Seats, Concert II & BOSE, 6 CD-Changer, Xenons, Acoustic Parking Sensors & All The Packs .:.



    Gone but not forgotten

  7. #206
    L60N
    Guest
    Whos round is it anyway?

    *Cough* Thread title "What Will Be Your Next Audi" *Cough*

  8. #207
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    York
    Posts
    1,657
    Quote Originally Posted by bowfer
    With all due respect, Auroan, I find those that moan about threads 'deviating' a little perplexing.
    If it had deviated from 'your next Audi' to decorating techniques, I could see your point.
    However, the discussion is about Audi and why some people aren't sticking with them.
    It hasn't deviated that far from the topic, in my opinion.
    No more than any 'pub chat' would, which an internet forum is effectively a version of.
    I wouldn't be bothered if is wasn't for the fact that a good amount of threads end up talking about BMs

  9. #208
    Amchlolor's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    5,602
    Quote Originally Posted by emzino
    Well i'd rather MUCH prefer the fact that it's changed the internals rather than played with the ECU then put a badge on it with nice trimmings.

    Your getting a good car there, sounds good for sure! I wonder how much torque my remapped A3 will push out. Would it stand a chance against your D3?
    Oh, I'm not complaining that they've changed all the stuff, just curious.
    A chipped 140 should put out around 180bhp and 395nm (291lbft)
    So I dare say you would be in with a shout, given that your car weighs less.
    Last edited by Amchlolor; 18th January 2008 at 16:02.
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

  10. #209
    Amchlolor's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    5,602
    Quote Originally Posted by auroan
    I wouldn't be bothered if is wasn't for the fact that a good amount of threads end up talking about BMs
    That's inveitable though, isn't it?
    Given that they are the natural competitor to Audi?
    Over the three years I've been here, I've seen quite a few switch to BMW.
    I can't recall many/any switching to other makes.
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

  11. #210
    Amchlolor's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    5,602
    Quote Originally Posted by L60N
    *Cough* Thread title "What Will Be Your Next Audi" *Cough*
    Believe me, the forums that stick religiously to the title are the most boring ones.
    This forum has been fun and informative for years.
    If, as a newcomer,you're not happy with that, I dare say you're welcome to go to another one.
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

  12. #211
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    1,224
    Quote Originally Posted by bowfer
    Oh. Im not complaining that they've changed all the stuff, just curious.
    A chipped 140 should put out around 180bhp and 395nm (291lbft)
    So I dare say you would be in with a shout, given that your car weighs less.
    Heh I know you ain't =) But was interesting for you to point out though.

    Ooo, really... might see you on those twisty roads then mr bowfer

    Back on topic, here's my baby



    3.0TDI (V6) Quattro Sport @ 236bhp .:. 500Nm > 369lbft .:. Max Speed 155mph .:. 0-60 in 5.9sec .:. Sticker on the back: Eat my dust
    Audi A3 (8P) 2.0TDI SE .:. Ebony Black, Sports Suspension, Vienna Beige Sports Leather Seats, Concert II & BOSE, 6 CD-Changer, Xenons, Acoustic Parking Sensors & All The Packs .:.



    Gone but not forgotten

  13. #212
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    York
    Posts
    1,657
    Quote Originally Posted by bowfer
    If, as a newcomer,you're not happy with that, I dare say you're welcome to go to another one.
    I'd hardly say I was a new comer in fact i think you'll find I've been here since Jan 2004, a whole year longer than you bowfer. I just don't post pointless drivel and BMWs

  14. #213
    Amchlolor's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    5,602
    Quote Originally Posted by auroan
    I'd hardly say I was a new comer in fact i think you'll find I've been here since Jan 2004, a whole year longer than you bowfer. I just don't post pointless drivel and BMWs
    Read it again Auroan, it wasn't aimed at you...
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

  15. #214
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    York
    Posts
    1,657
    ah yes I see.

  16. #215
    L60N
    Guest
    Since im looking forward to owning an Audi im quite happy here.

  17. #216
    Moisty
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by L60N
    Since im looking forward to owning an Audi im quite happy here.
    And why should you move because an old hand is acting like a ****?

    On the many forums i belong to, the length of time you have been there bears no relation to seniority, if this one does then it works very differently to many others.

  18. #217
    GlasgowRangersFC

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    498
    Quote Originally Posted by bowfer
    So will umpteen other cars.
    I fail to see the relevance.
    Relevant because you should have bought it instead if diesel, speed and power are your things which they seem to be. No?
    Gone...Brilliant Black 2008 A3 Turbo FSi Sport, Dual Climate Zones, Piano Black Inserts, Rain and Light pack, Xenon Plus, Armrest, ConcertII+, 18" S5 Wheels, 35mm Springs, Parking Sensors and a few other toys



    Coming...2010 white BMW e90 320d M Sport, steptronic, 19'' CSL reps, H&R Sport Springs, Dakota Leather, Full+Full

  19. #218
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cambs uk
    Posts
    1,139
    Quote Originally Posted by L60N
    Whos round is it anyway?

    *Cough* Thread title "What Will Be Your Next Audi" *Cough*
    Totally agree! I've not commented what car I'm going for next as this is a "what audi are you getting next thread"

    Anyone interested in what car's others will be getting are welcome to start a new thread

    Mine's a Guinness

  20. #219
    unkle's Avatar
    Beer God

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Leics
    Posts
    1,238
    Quote Originally Posted by bacardi
    Anyone interested in what car's others will be getting are welcome to start a new thread
    And go through all this again?

    Time gentlemen please!
    Volvo V50 D5 R-Design

  21. #220
    marriedblonde's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Sunny South Coast
    Posts
    4,368
    You can't add a thread what will your next audi be and not expect others to reply with different makes, I for one wont be buying an audi next. The chances are, as already posted on the first or second page of this thread, will be replacing my wifes car. And she wants another merc.

    If I change mine first then who knows I may come back to the fold but I am open minded about that.

    Surely this forum, as would any other, be pretty boring if everyone shared the same views. Ooh audi's are the best thing since sliced bread yada yada yada. It's good to get some different views, it's good that some people have had bad experiences of the brand, conversely it's also good for debate that others have had little or no issues with their cars (David R you are seriously one lucky man! )

    Auron mentioned that BMWs seemed to be mentioned in every thread - the reason is that a lot of you seem to hate the brand, most of the time it is a non BM driver that mentions them first. We know what happens when someone happens to criticise an Audi so therefore you must appreciate that us non Audi drivers feel the same and want to voice our opinions. Again this surely is good for debate?

    Now I know what a few of you are going to reply, your going to mention Bowfer as he is not an Audi fan now and talks about his new D3 that’s coming. Only natural afterall, how many I’m about to become an audi owner threads are there. But do any of you happen to know what his previous car was and what he thought about it? I'm guessing that’s a no, he had an A4 that he was very impressed with, hence why he bought his current steer. Unfortunately it has failed to meet his expectations and he has voiced them which seems to have rattled a fair few of your cages.

    If any of you decide to change Marques and goto a website dedicated to that new brand would you rather comments from blinkered brand lovers or would you welcome a cross spectrum of comments, both good and bad, about that car? Doesn't this give you a more rounded view to enable you to make up your mind?

    I'm, along with a lot of others are, getting pretty bored of the childish replies. Just bear in mind that one of the moderators has to read all these posts (ok some do get missed!)

    And before anyone chips in that I am biased because I drive a BMW that is definitely not the case, I've been involved in the VAG scene for many years. I started out with a mkII golf Gti many moons ago, I've had all the various revisions on the golf (apart from the V), and had 2 mkIV’s, and still have a very nice mint mki Gti. I am seriously considering a year old Rs4 as it's replacement later this year or an A5 Tdi if I decide to follow my head and not my heart.

    I bought an audi as I decided the A3 was a definite improvement over the current golf. The fact that I kept my A3 for 2 years bore testament to this - I have a habit of changing my cars after 6-12months.

    This forum is what it is because of all of you! Lets not spoil it.
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

    Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

  22. #221
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Mid Wales
    Posts
    85
    Well done Marriedblonde, I for one would agree life would be pretty boring with out Bowfer and others who don't follow the I LOVE AUDI doctorine.

  23. #222
    consilio's Avatar
    Up the owls!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Northamptonshire
    Posts
    659
    BMW are ****e
    March 2011 - B8 Audi S4, Ibis White, S-Tronic, Leather / Alcantera Super Sports Seats, Heated Front Seats, Advanced Key, Tech Pack High, Electrically folding and auto dimming mirrors

    SOLD - 8P Audi S3. Brilliant Black, FBMF wheel, Bose, RNS-E, Auto lights/wipers, Cruise control, Tyre pressure monitor, Parking sensors, Interior light pack, GSM phone prep, Armrest, Privacy glass, Electrically folding mirrors.

  24. #223
    L60N
    Guest
    I agree with Married blonde totally. Im also not adverse to other marques. What im adverse to is the same old person rabbiting on about the same old ****e. Its tedious.

  25. #224
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    1,155
    Quote Originally Posted by bowfer
    Quoting Eeef's immortal words
    "and the slide of the Audi brand continues..."
    +1.
    A6 3.0 TDI.

  26. #225
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Norwich
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by consilio
    BMW are ****e
    I dont think anyone can honestly say that BMW are `****e`...or Audi for that matter, cars are like most things in life, its all personal preferance? As for the slide of the brand continues...you could say that also about BMW, dont get me wrong-not mocking them but I see a lot more `chavved up` BMW`s on the road than I do Audi. ......My next car will poss be a either a 130 sport or maybe S3? but I wont be changing for a while yet and the new Impreza (hatch) STI may well be out then so who knows
    A3 3.2 Q SPORT DSG Now...Edition 30 Golf GTI

  27. #226
    hallster's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    31
    I'm quite interested in seeing what the TTS is like when it's launched this year. Quattro, S-Tronic and magnetic ride should make it quite interesting.

    I was in the local BMW showroom today (mainly to see an R8 - go figure that it's in a BMW showroom!) and had a look at the 135 and 335 coupe models. Were quite nice although I think the interior isn't quite as good as the comparible Audi (my opinion anyway).

    Will definately be trying them all out when I get round to replacing the S3 though (which I still think is fantastic).

    New M3 was really nice as well (but way out my price range).


  28. #227
    hallster's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    31


  29. #228
    consilio's Avatar
    Up the owls!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Northamptonshire
    Posts
    659
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes G
    I dont think anyone can honestly say that BMW are `****e`...or Audi for that matter, cars are like most things in life, its all personal preferance? As for the slide of the brand continues...you could say that also about BMW, dont get me wrong-not mocking them but I see a lot more `chavved up` BMW`s on the road than I do Audi. ......My next car will poss be a either a 130 sport or maybe S3? but I wont be changing for a while yet and the new Impreza (hatch) STI may well be out then so who knows
    I was just messing, in fact I used to prefer BMW to Audi.
    March 2011 - B8 Audi S4, Ibis White, S-Tronic, Leather / Alcantera Super Sports Seats, Heated Front Seats, Advanced Key, Tech Pack High, Electrically folding and auto dimming mirrors

    SOLD - 8P Audi S3. Brilliant Black, FBMF wheel, Bose, RNS-E, Auto lights/wipers, Cruise control, Tyre pressure monitor, Parking sensors, Interior light pack, GSM phone prep, Armrest, Privacy glass, Electrically folding mirrors.

  30. #229
    siu00adg's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    995
    If I go for Audi, then RS5 or maybe the R4, otherwise Noble M400 or something similar, really fancy a raw lightweight performance car after 8 years of driving big heavy shopping carts! (although loving the S3 despite its big bones!)

  31. #230
    boggysv's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    572
    Quote Originally Posted by marriedblonde
    If any of you decide to change Marques and goto a website dedicated to that new brand would you rather comments from blinkered brand lovers or would you welcome a cross spectrum of comments, both good and bad, about that car? Doesn't this give you a more rounded view to enable you to make up your mind?
    I was looking at the 335i last year before deciding on the S3 towards the end of the year (totally different cars, I know). Was trolling a certain bmw forum, and it's obvious audi flaming is what all the cool kids do. Moderators there even chime in! Being an audi owner, and reading that site just makes me not want to associate with the most owners based on all the fanboy comments. Kudos for your stand here.

    In the end, it was the realisation of the fact that I spend most of my time stuck in traffic congestions that made me want a well built small hatchback. If I wanted a go fast car, a gutted evo would work fine.

    The N54 is certainly a beauty though, heard they are pushing 400whp/tq now. Pretty amazing considering the size of the turbos.

  32. #231
    Marino

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1
    I've only had my V6TT 12 months and its only got 5,000miles on it and I'm not changing for about 18months yet. When I do change, it'll be my 5th Audi, either an S5 or if the rumours are true, the RS-TT....which may be out by August '09 when I'm changing.
    -MKII TTC 3.2V6 quattro, Phantom Black, Magma red leather, Xenons, Turbines, Magnetic Ride, MFSW 2006-2008
    -MKI TTC 225 quattro S-line, Misano red, silver leather, Xenons, Cruise control 2004-2006
    -MKI TTC 180 quattro, Metallic black, black leather, Xenons 2002-2004
    -MKI S3, Mauritus blue, black leather 2000-2002

  33. #232
    Moisty
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Issac Hunt
    +1.
    So the slide of Audi is down to this forum? !!


    How short-sighted is that?


    LOL

    .

 

 
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO