What Will Be Your Next Audi?

marriedblonde said:
Saying that I will have to find a really good dealer....
If you do decide to return to the fold, try Heritage Audi in Salisbury.
I have always found them to be absolutely brilliant.

It's ordered, although still to hear when it will come.
Mini Cooper Diesel

So you'll both be driving BMWs.

h5djr said:
So you'll both be driving BMWs.

No, I'll have an Alpina and she'll have a Mini...:p:)
Saying they're BMW's is like saying Audi is a VW, isn't it?:meeting:

No, I'll have an Alpina and she'll have a Mini...:p:)
Saying they're BMW's is like saying Audi is a VW, isn't it?

Perhaps, but on the Alpina UK website the D3 is listed as a BMW ALPINA D3 and the company that builds Minis is owned by BMW and they are sold through BMW dealers. You cannot buy an Audi from a VW dealer.

Both Audi and VW, and SEAT and SKODA for that matter are all separate companies within the VAG Group. Agreed they share some components but they all have their separate identities. Audi do not take standard VW models and 'tweak' them. The D3 is basically a much improved 3-series.

Boydie said:
Nah wouldn't have quattro at all - only in the S3

I feel the quattro would sap too much power. My A3 2.0tdi is remaped to 175bhp 306lb/ft - it would easily go past a 170PD and 170PD quattro equivilant.

Plus isnt quattro economy worse than nonrmal??

I know it isn't all about speed and quickness but I am of the opinion that quattro is for the big powered cars!

HAve you ever had one? Have an A3 200bhp T Q in family, great! Also had 220bhp A4 2006 Special edition) Have driven FWD versions of both, Quattro feels more secure, drives better, handles well. Yes they drin a bit more but so do most models over a 1.9Tdi E and i don't want one of them (at present)

TT

On my 4th Audi overall in a short number of years A3(8L)-A4-TT-S3.

Always admired the Audi 80 coupe. Still some belters going around.

Would love Audi to do a A4 Coupe or next equivalent. Thats for me

Eeef said:
TBH I wasn't that impressed with my Audi. Too many niggles for the price I paid for it.

I was havign this discussion with Audi marketting the other week - Meeting on Retaining customers so I said - Make abetter product and get rid of the crap dealers - everyone just sat staring at me like I was swearing.......but its fact they are average quality bcked up with shocking dealers - couple of issues with the A2 - nothing major, but I just cant get it fixed because dealer try to pretend the A2 doesnt exit now.

A meeting with Audi Marketting aye... was there anything for us to look forward to i.e. some progression for Audi consumers or did nothing really get done

mrsteve said:
my misses aygo has enough room to get 4 drunk IT pro's in it and still not bottom out on speed bumps...

so something must be said for that end of the market

My wife also has an Aygo and agree there is plenty of room in the back seats.

What Audi next?

Hopefully if work/investments continue for next 5 years - an R8/10 :jump:

Going to be a long 5 years!

Am waiting to see what the new A4 looks like in the flesh.

Haven't ruled out a 325d m sport, but a bit too much cash even second hand.

Probably will stay with Audi as I like the dealer and have had zero problems unlike some.

Ive ordered an S3. Its getting delivered in march. Options are:

Black recaros
Ipod
Bose
Nav
Blutooth armrest
flappy mirrors
light/wiper pack.

I cant wait!!:hubbahubba:

RedSportback said:
Am waiting to see what the new A4 looks like in the flesh.
Haven't ruled out a 325d m sport, but a bit too much cash even second hand.
Probably will stay with Audi as I like the dealer and have had zero problems unlike some.

If you yearn for a 325D, you're going to have to wait for the A4 to have a diesel that competes.
The new A4 is only coming out with a 143bhp diesel, to start with.
Could be a while before more powerful diesels start creeping into the A4 range.
By which time, you may be able to get a used BMW with their new 2.0 twin turbo (207bhp) engine, as fitted to the new 123D.

I got my eye on the RS5 when it comes out 4.2 twin turbo YES PLEASE :)

The A3 is a perfect size for London driving and if they brought out a RS3 I would fork out how ever much it cost to get one.

The new M3 is also on the radar, but don't think it will happen cos I am a Beamer hatter just like Bowfer is a Audi hatter.

My business partners thinks the A3's interior is much nicer then his 6 series interior.

And oh my god on a recent trip to Scotland I was the designated controller of the iDrive system. It is so poorly designed is unbelievable.

I think I may just stay with Audi for the Sat Nav Plus alone.

I wonder if they'll do a R/S3 Diesel! Now that'd be cool!

emzino said:
Thought i'd create this after reading the Engines thread and seeing how some owners are on there 6th Audi! So... what will be your next Audi (if you was going to buy another)?

Mine would definitely have to be the Audi A5 3.0TDI Quattro with just about every optional extra ticked. I'd love to have it in white but probably just get it in Phantom Black! Mmmm!
Oh & seats would have to be half black leather and half suede!

BMW

I don't actually year for a 325d just took one out and liked it. Was a bit odd as I took out the 320d first and hated the harsh ride. Both were M sports. Even the salesman couldn't explain the difference in the ride .... he put it down to a bigger engine.

Have not ruled out a 170bhp quattro sportback though. Have to admit I like the audi style and mark

A3_3.2_S-Line said:
The new M3 is also on the radar, but don't think it will happen cos I am a Beamer hatter just like Bowfer is a Audi hatter.

I'm not an Audi 'hatter':wtf:

Quite simply, Audi aren't making anything good enough for me.
Their diesel engines are way behind the opposition, and their driver feedback and handling is duller than Dundee in March.
If, for example, the new A4 was being touted as the best car in it's class, I would certainly consider one.
Unfortunately, it's still not good enough, so why go for one?
Brand loyalty?
Blind prejudice against another manufacturer?
Daft.:no:
If you can live with that, good luck to you.
I bet you cast a few envious eyes over an M3 though, thinking 'what if'.

RedSportback said:
I don't actually year for a 325d just took one out and liked it. Was a bit odd as I took out the 320d first and hated the harsh ride. Both were M sports. Even the salesman couldn't explain the difference in the ride .... he put it down to a bigger engine.

Could be umpteen reasons.
Different tyres, different tyre pressures, different spring/damper rates, one car being more 'bedded-in' than the other, or simply the 325D engine being heavier and pre-loading the springs more than the 320D.

Someone over on a nother forum test drove the 353D M sport and the 330D M Sport, he went for the 325 because he thought it was the softer more rounded option, he liked the 330 but said it was too full. Perhaps the 325 is just the softer car?

bowfer said:
It's ordered, although still to hear when it will come.
Mini Cooper Diesel.
All red, no stripes or different colour roof.
Aircon (bit ****** off it's not standard,a £600 option...)
17" alloys (forget the name, but the good ones)
Some lights that make the indicators white instead of orange?
Should look nice and simple.
Just get rid of the Clio now, as I really don't want to accept their ****** awful trade-in figure.:no:

Just a thought... Have you driven with 17in. wheels. We have an 06 (Mini- Black of course!)in family and regret the upgrade due to very harsh ride, 16in run much better IMHO.. Handles a dream but you have to hang on to the steering wheel. :icon_thumright:

RGBArgee said:
Just a thought... Have you driven with 17in. wheels. We have an 06 (Mini- Black of course!)in family and regret the upgrade due to very harsh ride, 16in run much better IMHO.. Handles a dream but you have to hang on to the steering wheel. :icon_thumright:

No, not driven one with 17's.
The wife would have taken it with whatever wheels were standard, but I insisted on 17" 'crown' alloys, quite simply because I think they are the only wheels that look good on the Mini.
It's a very 'wheel sensitive' car, lookswise.
Moot point now anyway, seeing as they've been told to stick their Mini!

bowfer said:
No, not driven one with 17's.
The wife would have taken it with whatever wheels were standard, but I insisted on 17" 'crown' alloys, quite simply because I think they are the only wheels that look good on the Mini.
It's a very 'wheel sensitive' car, lookswise.
Moot point now anyway, seeing as they've been told to stick their Mini!

Wait for the A1. Only bought Mini as daughter cannot drive our High Group Audis. Cheap insurance and good residuals. 17 in S spokes look good, but what a hard ride with run flats .Poor finish on car too (inside):icon_thumright: , bit like the 3 series I borrowed.

TT
R

I've recently taken a liking to the Merc CLS 63 AMG...hate the interior though.

RGBArgee said:
Wait for the A1. Only bought Mini as daughter cannot drive our High Group Audis. Cheap insurance and good residuals. 17 in S spokes look good, but what a hard ride with run flats .Poor finish on car too (inside):icon_thumright: , bit like the 3 series I borrowed.

No chance.
The A1 could be the vastly superior machine in every way, I guarantee you my wife and the majority of others will still buy the Mini.
It's the i-pod of the car world.
There are superior alternatives out there, but the ipod/mini is the 'one to have'.
I'm happy with that, given that it's residuals are so good.
I'd be more worried if she were choosing a car no-one else wanted.

I must admit I loved my Minivan and Mini. But they were the original Mini's and it was 42 years ago. Not sure I would like them as much now.

I've never driven one of the new ones but personally I don't like the apperance. I think VW have done a better job with the 'new' Beetle.

h5djr said:
I've never driven one of the new ones but personally I don't like the apperance. I think VW have done a better job with the 'new' Beetle.

I think both have done an equally good job of keeping to the original style, but updating it at the same time?
Ever driven a new Beetle though?
We've got a 1.4 one here, which I used for a week or so.
Awful car.
Aside from the asthmatic engine, the driving position is really odd.
You feel absolutely miles away from the front of the car.
It's like driving your own car, but from the back seat.

I think both have done an equally good job of keeping to the original style, but updating it at the same time?
Ever driven a new Beetle though?
We've got a 1.4 one here, which I used for a week or so.
Awful car.
Aside from the asthmatic engine, the driving position is really odd.
You feel absolutely miles away from the front of the car.
It's like driving your own car, but from the back seat.

I must admit a have never driven either of them. My preference for the 'new' beetle is purely on apperance. I would think the new Mini, as it's part of the BMW empire, would be much better to drive.

h5djr said:
I would think the new Mini, as it's part of the BMW empire, would be much better to drive.

It is, probably because it has been designed solely as a Mini from the ground up, whereas the Beetle has had to be built around the Golf.
(ssssssh....both girls cars anyway.....ahem).:icon_thumright:

(ssssssh....both girls cars anyway.....ahem).

I don't think I've ever seen a fella driving a 'new' Beetle and many more Mini's seem to be driven by girls!

One guy I used to work with went from a TT to a Mini - strange move!

My next Audi?? maybe not, I test drove a BMW 1 Coupe M Sport with the 203 diesel twin sequential Turbo, sorry lads, it's miles better than anything Audi do at the moment, The engine is seamless, just pulls and pulls. Even the interior feels superior...............

They also do a 135, twin turbo 3 litre, 0-62.5 in 5.3 secs, that's just going to eat an S3

We'll let you off, MB.
The Beetle though.
It's got a ****** flower holder in it, for god's sake...

johnmv55 said:
My next Audi?? maybe not, I test drove a BMW 1 Coupe M Sport with the 203 diesel twin sequential Turbo, sorry lads, it's miles better than anything Audi do at the moment, The engine is seamless, just pulls and pulls. Even the interior feels superior...............

I've ordered an Alpina, fellow director has ordered a 123D coupe.
My god, the 1 coupe is an 'acquired taste', lookswise...:puke2:

bowfer said:
I've ordered an Alpina, fellow director has ordered a 123D coupe.
My god, the 1 coupe is an 'acquired taste', lookswise...:puke2:
Personally, I think the 1 series coupe is the only good looking car BMW make !
Vastly better than the 3 series, IMO, with its Nissan Primera tail lights !

The BMW 1 Series are for people that realllllllllly want a new BMW but cant justify the price tag of a decent model!

If I stick with Audis then my next purchase will be 2010 when Ill get an RS4 Estate

By then tho Ill prob have grown up and moved onto a better car as Audi struggle to hold market prescence amongst rising costs etc.