LED Side Lights

p9lad

Reaction score
hi Guys,

Hopefully someone can help me. I bought some Ignition LED Sidelights a few days ago. Installed them no problem worked for like 20 minutes and then i got a Warnign on my DIS saying bulb had gone! Went to check the light and it was out!

Any way round this? Should i buy a resistor? I saw on HIDs4u.co.uk you can buy a pair of resistors for a £5 but b4 i do that wanted to check if there was a work around?

Cheers!

P9LAD

You'll need resistors to get them working properly. Have a search through the forum as pretty certain this has been discussed before.

p9lad said:
hi Guys,

Hopefully someone can help me. I bought some Ignition LED Sidelights a few days ago. Installed them no problem worked for like 20 minutes and then i got a Warnign on my DIS saying bulb had gone! Went to check the light and it was out!

Any way round this? Should i buy a resistor? I saw on HIDs4u.co.uk you can buy a pair of resistors for a £5 but b4 i do that wanted to check if there was a work around?

Cheers!

P9LAD

What's the point of LED sidelights? I am genuinely intrigued. I know Audi are introducing on new models but why bother retro fitting, everyone knows they are not standard fit?:icon_thumright:

I guess he means changing the bulb for an LED one as opposed to fitting LED lights light the A5/S6 etc?

Some people like the look of the LED bulb, a bit closer to the light color of the Xenom headlight.

Not my cup of tea I must admit but each to their own!

BTW a resistor will defintley be required to turn off the blown bulb indicator in the DIS.

Issac Hunt said:
I guess he means changing the bulb for an LED one as opposed to fitting LED lights light the A5/S6 etc?

Some people like the look of the LED bulb, a bit closer to the light color of the Xenom headlight.

Not my cup of tea I must admit but each to their own!

BTW a resistor will defintley be required to turn off the blown bulb indicator in the DIS.

Ta for clarification... but IMHO what's the point?

Cheers

R:icon_thumright:

RGBArgee said:
Ta for clarification... but IMHO what's the point?

Cheers

R:icon_thumright:

Havent a clue but like I say some folk like it as it gives a closer colour to that of Xenons. I couldnt be ***** to fit them to mine but each to their own I guess.

If we were all the same the world would be a grim place!

Issac Hunt said:
Havent a clue but like I say some folk like it as it gives a closer colour to that of Xenons. I couldnt be ***** to fit them to mine but each to their own I guess.

If we were all the same the world would be a grim place!

Agreed we would all be brain washed into buying BMW's with PP's !!

Black Standard Quick Audis are best IMHO!

Cheers

hi guys, well basically i noticed the light is a lot brighter then the normal sidelights i already have. also like previous members have said it is more of a Xenon look. A friend of mine who does all car electricals audio, alarms and what not has got soem resitors so will fit them in on wednesday!

On a side note just fitted Ignition HID Kit to the car! Works brilliantly! No alarms, Wiper motor has not blown up yet and the light is brilliant!:hubbahubba: