Volks AutosEM Tuning

Thread: LED Side Lights

Neutral

Status

LED Side Lights

hi Guys,

Hopefully someone can help me. I bought some Ignition LED Sidelights a few days ago. Installed them no problem worked for like 20 minutes and then i got a Warnign on my DIS saying bulb had gone! Went to check the light and it was out!

Any way round this? Should i buy a resistor? I saw on HIDs4u.co.uk you can buy a pair of resistors for a 5 but b4 i do that wanted to check if there was a work around?

Cheers!

P9LAD

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    You'll need resistors to get them working properly. Have a search through the forum as pretty certain this has been discussed before.
    Jon

Now A3 less......

RGBArgee
    Quote Originally Posted by p9lad
    hi Guys,

Hopefully someone can help me. I bought some Ignition LED Sidelights a few days ago. Installed them no problem worked for like 20 minutes and then i got a Warnign on my DIS saying bulb had gone! Went to check the light and it was out!

Any way round this? Should i buy a resistor? I saw on HIDs4u.co.uk you can buy a pair of resistors for a 5 but b4 i do that wanted to check if there was a work around?

Cheers!

P9LAD
    What's the point of LED sidelights? I am genuinely intrigued. I know Audi are introducing on new models but why bother retro fitting, everyone knows they are not standard fit?

5th Gear

Status
    I guess he means changing the bulb for an LED one as opposed to fitting LED lights light the A5/S6 etc?

Some people like the look of the LED bulb, a bit closer to the light color of the Xenom headlight.

Not my cup of tea I must admit but each to their own!

BTW a resistor will defintley be required to turn off the blown bulb indicator in the DIS.
    A6 3.0 TDI.

RGBArgee
    Quote Originally Posted by Issac Hunt
    I guess he means changing the bulb for an LED one as opposed to fitting LED lights light the A5/S6 etc?

Some people like the look of the LED bulb, a bit closer to the light color of the Xenom headlight.

Not my cup of tea I must admit but each to their own!

BTW a resistor will defintley be required to turn off the blown bulb indicator in the DIS.
    Ta for clarification... but IMHO what's the point?

Cheers

R

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RGBArgee
    Ta for clarification... but IMHO what's the point?

Cheers

R
    Havent a clue but like I say some folk like it as it gives a closer colour to that of Xenons. I couldnt be arsed to fit them to mine but each to their own I guess.

If we were all the same the world would be a grim place!
    A6 3.0 TDI.

RGBArgee
    Quote Originally Posted by Issac Hunt
    Havent a clue but like I say some folk like it as it gives a closer colour to that of Xenons. I couldnt be arsed to fit them to mine but each to their own I guess.

If we were all the same the world would be a grim place!
    Agreed we would all be brain washed into buying BMW's with PP's !!

Black Standard Quick Audis are best IMHO!

Cheers

Neutral

Status
    hi guys, well basically i noticed the light is a lot brighter then the normal sidelights i already have. also like previous members have said it is more of a Xenon look. A friend of mine who does all car electricals audio, alarms and what not has got soem resitors so will fit them in on wednesday!

On a side note just fitted Ignition HID Kit to the car! Works brilliantly! No alarms, Wiper motor has not blown up yet and the light is brilliant!
    Last edited by p9lad; 7th January 2008 at 08:49.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RGBArgee
    Black Standard Quick Audis are best IMHO!
    You can say that again! (Oh wait, you do - a lot!)