2.0T & 170 Exhaust! - Same?

N8

Kowalski Details
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Could any1 tell me if the 2.0T & 170TDI use the same exhaust? The 140bhp ones are abit shoddy and wouldn't remind replacing it. Any ideas on cost, anyone use EKTA or whatever its called, part no. etc.

Thanks guys...

N8.

I will have a look in ETKA but I would very much doubt if they are the same as the 170 exhaust has a DPF.

As I thought. There are totally different.

N8KOW said:
Could any1 tell me if the 2.0T & 170TDI use the same exhaust? The 140bhp ones are abit shoddy and wouldn't remind replacing it. Any ideas on cost, anyone use EKTA or whatever its called, part no. etc.

Thanks guys...

N8.

Fuel is different, DSG etc .. no chance!:hubbahubba:

N8KOW said:
So whats my best bet then for a nice exhaust on my 140?

The one that Audi spent a lot of money designing for it IMHO, if you want a 'different' car my advice is save yer money to buy what you want!

TT

R:hubbahubba:

Miltek or custom-made job with twin tailpipes as I guess this is why you wondered if a 170 exhaust would fit onto a 140.

The bore of the pipe at the cat is larger in the 2.0t than the TDI

A simple reducer could be attached to fill the gap - same with my miltek exhaust

designed for a 2.0t but incorporates a reducer to fit the TDI's

Issac Hunt said:
Miltek or custom-made job with twin tailpipes as I guess this is why you wondered if a 170 exhaust would fit onto a 140.

Both the 140 and the 170 have twin tailpipes (on the left). As I have said before why bother , if you want to improve I would save yer money and buy a better standard Audi IMHO.

TT:hubbahubba:

RGBArgee said:
Both the 140 and the 170 have twin tailpipes (on the left). As I have said before why bother , if you want to improve I would save yer money and buy a better standard Audi IMHO.

TT:hubbahubba:

Ah yes your correct, I was thinking of the 170 A4 which has one at each side. The 140 and 170 A3's are slightly different though arent they? I seem to remember the 140 has turned down tailpipes whereas the 170 has straight exit pipes?

Issac Hunt said:
Ah yes your correct, I was thinking of the 170 A4 which has one at each side. The 140 and 170 A3's are slightly different though arent they? I seem to remember the 140 has turned down tailpipes whereas the 170 has straight exit pipes?

Early 140's were turned down current ones (next door but one have one!) are straight out and look same as 170.

(Other neighbours have 170 A4 with L/R twin.)

TT

R:icon_thumright: About to get missus to sew another badge on my anorak!!

N8KOW said:
lol. thats funny. the car has all my requirements, just the exhaust points down!

Early 140's were turned down. BUT current ones (next door but one have 2.0TDi Sline 140 57 plate (No PP!!) are straight out and look same as 170.

(Other neighbours have 07 Plate 170 A4 with L/R twin.)

TT

R:icon_thumright: About to get missus to sew another badge on my anorak!!

That must've changed very recently then as my 07 A3 had the turned down tailpipes.

Issac Hunt said:
That must've changed very recently then as my 07 A3 had the turned down tailpipes.

Sharon's 2.0TDi Sline 140 is a 57 Plate and is Straight out!!

Just has a look at ETKA and there are different final exhaust boxes for different engines and also between 2-door and 4-door using the same engine.

h5djr said:
Just has a look at ETKA and there are different final exhaust boxes for different engines and also between 2-door and 4-door using the same engine.

For clarification I was refering to a 5 door 57 reg Sportback 140, which does have straight out pipes.:hubbahubba:

Depends on what you want to do to the car N8KOW... if your going to tune it afterwards go for a turbo-back system with 3" piping. If your not going to modify it then you could always do it just to free up some revs...

To be honest emzino, I can't be bothered to tune it now, I was going to do a big turbo conversion but I wanna buy a house/appartment next year so I'll probably just map it, better mpg and performance obviously. I just wanted the pipes to look nice for cosmetic reasons!