Food for thought

really did not expect it to be that bad!!!!

gonna drive home slower tonight

That's a very old set of photo's. Seem to remember it was staged and not a real accident, but could be wrong.

whether it's real or not, whatever caused a car to be slpit in two like that deserves respect!!

and for those doubters that think the A3 crash bar is useless, have a look in pic 5 - it's clearly in one piece even after that mess!!

Well it was a diesel redline on the tacho is 4.5K.

That must have been one hell of a speed to have done that much damage - unless it was cut in half by a heavy train.

Paul

"This accident occured in portugal about 50 miles from my house and i went to see the car.... absolutly unbelievable!! very violent crash!!! 2 young guys were inside but obviosly nobody survived. "

This was a quotation from another poster elsewhere. I can't verify the authenticity of the accident, but it still brings home the potential reality of driving powerful cars.

and heres me thinking ive brought a solid safe german car.....im scared to drive to now.:noway:

There were similar pictures doing the rounds of an RS6 that met a similar fate. I think any car would split in two if you hit a tree quickly enough.

but it still brings home the potential reality of driving powerful cars.

Especially if they are driven badly!!

AndyMac said:
That's a very old set of photo's. Seem to remember it was staged and not a real accident, but could be wrong.

Yes, pretty sure it was staged.

I've been to many accidents in my time, some pretty serious (comes with the job) and I would very much imagine that given the amount of force it would need to even consider slicing a car in half there would be a lot more debris spread over a larger than that neat little pile around the vehicle!

I also imagine the speedo would not be frozen in that position. Maybe someone else can assure that?

that must be cut and shut to split in two like that....

I seem to recall this was staged as part of some sort of road safety campaign a while ago. Cant find the link to it but I've definitly seen these pics before.