Waiting.....

odnet

Reaction score
Website
www.wearecustard.com
....for it to arrive!

hi all,

new poster... well, on this forum anyway!.... thought I'd say hello, waiting for my new S3 to be delivered, build week is 2nd week in jan, should have for the end of jan.... thought about waiting for the 08 plate but sick of waiting so thought sod it, have it now!....

anyway, just saying hi, will post some more when i get the damn thing!... good forum, picked up some good tips for the sat-nav retro fit etc ;o)

cheers

ivan

Welcome to the 8P forum - not much longer to wait.

odnet said:
new poster... well, on this forum anyway!.... thought I'd say hello, waiting for my new S3 to be delivered, build week is 2nd week in jan, should have for the end of jan.... thought about waiting for the 08 plate but sick of waiting so thought sod it, have it now!....

sweet! Mine is supposed to arrive around that time as well, but the salesguy went on his holidays before giving me a confirmed build/delivery date. If you dont mind, when did you place your order?

My last 2 Audi's both came 2 weeks earlier than anticipated. Either way the S3 will be worth the the wait ...... Btw, welcome.

hey,

i ordered a white one, with the black grille etc.... not sure why i went for white, i usually stick with black... the demo i took out was white & i thought it leant itself quite well to the car..

ordered it about a month ago, was going to wait for the 08 but have an 's3' plate anyway so decided to skip that & just get the thing!... it's been a while since my last proper toy (mk4 r32) so can't wait to get it on the back roads!! goodbye diesel, hello turbo! ;o)

cheers

ivan

odnet said:
hey,

i ordered a white one, with the black grille etc.... not sure why i went for white, i usually stick with black... the demo i took out was white & i thought it leant itself quite well to the car..

ordered it about a month ago, was going to wait for the 08 but have an 's3' plate anyway so decided to skip that & just get the thing!... it's been a while since my last proper toy (mk4 r32) so can't wait to get it on the back roads!! goodbye diesel, hello turbo! ;o)

cheers

ivan

Another White S3 :icon_thumright: Get in!! Welcome to the forum :)

Welcome and good luck with the car, sure you will love it.

I was also impatient like yourself,picked mine up 26th Jan 07 couldn't be bothered waiting another month for the new plate.

Mark

odnet said:
heyyyy it'll look similar to mine then, but i've got 18" rs4 titanium rims spec'ed on it
cant wait, delivery is at ~20th january.
congrats on the purchase and welcome!

extra toys included cruise, bose, ipod, privacy glass, sunroof, square bottom wheel, black front oh, and not forgetting the all important armrest!! hehe....

snowboarding in switzerland at the mo, saw a nice new bright orange one parked up at the top of the slopes!...

upgrades after purchase, bluetooth, sat nav, 19's but not sure which yet... and then i'll go from there!....

cheers from switz!

ivan

odnet said:
hey,

snipped
ivan

Same here!! Especially under the showroom outdoor lights... will have to get some fitted to anywhere I park now tho! ;)

Hi mate, welcome

This is a great forum so you are in the right place, and everyone seems to be very friendly and informative!

I have mine coming for March 08, build week 8 at the moment, but hope that will come forward, wanted to wait for the 08 plate really cos of re-sale.

Passed Macclesfield Audi on Sat, they have a white one in the showroom, looks stunning, but I wouldn't have the balls to do it I don't think, so gone for the safe option (phantom Black)

Cheers:icon_thumright:
Lee

hey all, thanks for the welcomes! quick check in from the snow before braving the freezing cold for some new years celebrations swiss style!

"but I wouldn't have the balls to do it I don't think" ....balls are required, though its a lot easier when the company's footing the bill! ;o)

....saw the ****** orange one again today... waiting really is sh*%!!.....

happy new year & all that!

cheers

ivan

Didnt want to start a new thread, but I need to rant.

>: ( Just called my sales guy, and he confirmed wk4 build and mid feb delivery.
I'm le ******...he initially promised mid january delivery, then while finalising the paperwork, he wrote late january, saying it's just a buffer. This made me suspicious, but didnt bother pursuing. There's no way to expedite the order now since it has been confirmed by the factory.

Cause of delay was apparently my choice of color?? How difficult could it be if I choose a color from the A3 range!! (which is not available to the S3)

:keule:It'd be low for me to ask for more discount now since the papers are signed, but do you guys think I can get a free audi bear and a full tank of gas?
AHT120_zm.jpg

Though I rather the car be here quick :(

L33TAY said:
Hi mate, welcome

This is a great forum so you are in the right place, and everyone seems to be very friendly and informative!

I have mine coming for March 08, build week 8 at the moment, but hope that will come forward, wanted to wait for the 08 plate really cos of re-sale.

Passed Macclesfield Audi on Sat, they have a white one in the showroom, looks stunning, but I wouldn't have the balls to do it I don't think, so gone for the safe option (phantom Black)

Cheers:icon_thumright:
Lee

If it's build week 8 you will be lucky to get it for 1 March! Our TT is week 5 and it's touch and go, week 51 A3 SBQ due in UK mid Jan,:icon_thumright:

Yes, thats what I thought, just hoping they bring the build week forward, will be getting onto the dealer this week to check!

If its a week or two over its not the end of the world tho, I've waited this long!

Think it will be worth the wait in the end :hubbahubba:

Rick

Build week 48+ = Aux in - Confirmation from local dealer.

'Once again you are quite correct Your A3 will come with the Aux-In Connection.'
Congratulations on the (new) contract) TT is 05 2008 build week and will also have it.

Cheers