Oettinger & APR Maps - Any Good?

emzino

Reaction score
While trying to research into which route is the best for my car in terms of long term modding, they've said that they do Oettinger and also APR Tuned maps and can apply it to my car with free updates.

Now i've never heard of any car which has been mapped through Oettinger or APR so I don't know what to expect.
I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge into whether it's worth taking the plunge?

TuningWerkes is literally 5minutes away from my house. They are trustable, well known for there good work & dedicated as well as not doing any cowboy crap. All that worries me is whether Oettinger or APR have the expertise to do what's best... What do you guys think?

Any input is much appreciated!

I think APR bought over Oettinger? Newer maps are shared between them i think. Read it in a few places.

As for diesel maps, I'm guessing they wont be developed in the US (as they dont get the car there), maybe its done in the uk or australia?

Oettinger maps are available from RSD who are the only uk reseller, I think they are expensive but i'm sure there is some kind of warranty with them. I also thought RSD worked with VW

TuningWerkes also do it too actually...

Thing is, do they do stages such as Stage 1, 2 & 3 etc.

What about APS? What are they like?

TDI-line said:
Yes i heard that Oettinger and APR are the same remaps.

Check out there website.

http://www.oettinger.de/index2_e.htm

I think there maps aren't the most powerful but are probably one of the smoothest. I would consider one myself.

Can confirm APR bought out Oettinger so essentially the maps and R&D are now the same except you will pay extra for the Oettinger maps due to brand recognition. Both offer excellent maps with focus on smooth power rather than quoting excessive top line figures. Awesome at Manchester offer both plus a discount for Forum members. Both replace your standard OEM map with their own version and both affect the flash counter but they do offer geat switchability via the cruise control stalk (if fitted) - you would have to purchase the extra maps but a nice 'gimmick' if nothing else.

I cant knock either company as both have great reputations, I find their technology expensive in comparison to Bluefin but then I'm a regular now at Superchips so I guess I'm a little biased but having said that I still do plenty of investigation before each remap and base my decisions on what I discover. At the moment I'm torn between Bluefin and GIAC for my car with Bluefin having the edge as I can vouch for their customer service.

Take your time and go with any of the reputable companies and with a 2.0tdi you will not be disappointed.

Can thoroughly recommend the Oettinger product and have used RSD a lot in the past. As far as I am aware the Oettinger product does come with Insurance backed warrenty should it ever be required.

I always liked them because they were smooth almost OEM but just more unlike some others which really give you a huge gain early one - I liek the smoother power / torque curves.