Monster MotorsportEM Tuning
    4th Gear

Status

A3 Sportback Vs Fiesta

Guess which won?

Had an accident on Wednesday in the sportback. A fiesta managed to come across a traffic island and hit my car. No question of fault as they were on my side of the road when they hit me. My brother and I were in my car and we are both fine. Unfortunately the driver of the Fiesta had to go to hospital with neck pains.
    As the photos show the A3 looks ok but the current estimate is 4,500 to repair. So ot looks better than it is.

Hope this works I have never used photobucket before..........

A5 2.0T Sport Brilliant Black

2. # ADS
    ADS

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Oh dear. I had an accident as well 2 weeks ago and wrote off my car, sorry to hear about that!

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8KOW
    Oh dear. I had an accident as well 2 weeks ago and wrote off my car, sorry to hear about that!
    Hope you were ok after yours. I almost wish mine was writen off as they never feel the same after being repaired.

5th Gear

Status
    I take it the Fiesta bounced off something before coming to rest on yours ? Other than the front corner yours looks ok

6th Gear

Status
    Your car looks like it'll drive, the Fiesta on the other hand....

Uber Post Whore

Status
    I think it lost a hub cap.

2013 AUDI A3 SB S-LINE : 2.0 TDIQ 184 : GLACIER WHITE :
    : S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveTDCi
    I take it the Fiesta bounced off something before coming to rest on yours ? Other than the front corner yours looks ok
    It bounced off the kerb of the traffic island only. All of the damage is from when it hit my car.

Mine looks ok but looks can be deceiving 4,500 to repair!

6th Gear

Status
    Oh dear although your car won its still a sickener mate hope you get it sorted quickly.
    2007 Sportback S Line Tdi 170 Avus,Bose,Multi function steering wheel, Electric Lumbar support,Front centre armrest,
    Storage pack,Through load system,Folding mirrors,Non smoking pack

2009 BMW K1300S, ABS, ASC,OBC, heated grips

Beer God

Status
    Bad luck mate, not the best thing to happen right on Xmas but at least you and your mate are safe and ok, did your airbags go off? The reason I ask is a friend had a very minor shunt that set off the airbags in his A3, it was a leather interior so the bill for repair came to about £5000...
    Volvo V50 D5 R-Design

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by unkle
    Bad luck mate, not the best thing to happen right on Xmas but at least you and your mate are safe and ok, did your airbags go off? The reason I ask is a friend had a very minor shunt that set off the airbags in his A3, it was a leather interior so the bill for repair came to about 5000...
    Thanks unkle, the airbags did not go off. Not too sure why as it was quite a big impact, look at the front of the Fiesta, but I suppose as it was not head on the airbags did not deem it neccessary to deploy.

Reverse Gear

Status
    The third pic in that collection shows the Sportback in all it's glory... cracking! (NO Pun intended)

Sorry to hear about your smash, glad you are okay though.

is loving his new A3

Status
    Ironic you were driving through an area with sign posts saying "Controlled Zone"

I cant see 4500 worth of damage to the car, can see the bonnet has risen up slightly so there must must be an issue with alignment

unlucky though, at least you werent driving the fiesta.
    Oct 06 - Feb 08 VW Polo '06
    Feb 08 - ? A3 1.6 Special Edition '07

The Damned

Status
    Sorry to hear your bad news mate. I'd be well pissed off if it happenned to me, so can only feel for you.

4500 is quite alot, Just wondering, at what stage they would write a car of like this? Obviously on your part you don't want to end up with a car that shows an insurance claim agaisnt it as you'll find it difficult to resale, and inevitably loose the residual value of the car. if indeed thats how the system works?

I'd push to have it written off. Better luck anyway mate
    Last edited by Von Maximo; 3rd April 2008 at 07:58.

5th Gear

Status
    Its around 70% of the vehicles value when they write something off, we have just had a Ford Fusion written off, that was with 5100 worth of damage.
    Gone A3 TDi S Line DSG Bluefined

Now Seat Leon Cupra about to be Bluefined

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Maximo View Post
    Sorry to hear your bad news mate. I'd be well pissed off if it happenned to me, so can only feel for you.

4500 is quite alot, Just wondering, at what stage they would write a car of like this? Obviously on your part you don't want to end up with a car that shows an insurance claim agaisnt it as you'll find it difficult to resale, and inevitably loose the residual value of the car. if indeed thats how the system works?

I'd push to have it written off. Better luck anyway mate
    4500 isn't a lot really. I had a very minor ding in my car (idiot hit me on a roundabout) the only damage was a small dent to the passenger side wing (looked like the sort of damage you could do with a good kick) and a 2" crack to the front bumper. 2000 to fix it.

J.
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

Neutral

Status
    sorry to hear about the smash up glad you and your brother are ok it just shows how well the audis are made though compared to a ford
    '53' reg A3 2.0l fsi sport with cream leather and alcantara interior with bose sound

mods done... spoiler and debadged
    mods to come... tints, coilovers, alloys and votex body kit

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by audisturg View Post
    sorry to hear about the smash up glad you and your brother are ok it just shows how well the audis are made though compared to a ford
    eh?

compare apples with apples

A3 is a silimar size to a focus, I'll happily lend my A3 to crash against a focus if you know a willing focus owner

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bacardi View Post
    eh?

compare apples with apples

A3 is a silimar size to a focus, I'll happily lend my A3 to crash against a focus if you know a willing focus owner
    ok ill sort something out as it happens i know loads of focus owners....... my previous car was a focus and i was a member of focusowners
    '53' reg A3 2.0l fsi sport with cream leather and alcantara interior with bose sound

mods done... spoiler and debadged
    mods to come... tints, coilovers, alloys and votex body kit

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bacardi View Post

That made me laugh out loud...

I was over 1800 for a rear end shunt to my A4.
    The woman's Hyundai something-or-other looked like that Fiesta, my A4 was barely touched (apparently).
    Scratched bumper and bootlid, cracked rear lens.
    On one hand, I was impressed.
    On the other hand, I couldn't help thinking the impact passed into the cabin was pretty severe and maybe the A4 should maybe have crumpled a bit more to soften it...?
    Last edited by Amchlolor; 15th April 2008 at 11:04.
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

L60N
    4500? Pah

My friend took me out for a spin in his New M3. After playing with the SMG settings ended up in mode 6 (no traction). 90mph and a sharp bend later we ended up in a farmers field Dukes of Hazard style. Cost to repair? 15000. Needless to say he "chopped" it in for another one. Drove the new one off singing a song about gap insurance afaik....