Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
    Sylar

Status

Red face RETRO-FIT Electric Folding Wing-Mirrors

hi ladies & gents

Hope everyones ready for x-mas. just wondering if its possible to install folding wing mirrors onto a3????

what parts are required apart from the obvious new "foldable" wing mirrors.

has anyone performed this retro-fit and how much did it cost????

Thanks All!!
    Fez ----Audi A3 SE 2.0TDi --- MOBILE OFFICE ---

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    You're going to be busy over the Xmas break. Fit those parking sensors first though

2nd Gear

Status
    I'm beginning to wonder if Fesss bought a rolling chassis from the factory and is building his own A3!
    A3 2.0TDI Sportback S Line 184 Quattro S-Tronic, Mar. 2014 Glacier white. Electric seats, sunroof, se suspension, heated folding mirrors, Reversing camera, Nappa leather, TPMS, Hold assist, Xenon plus adaptive lights with variable active range control, lane assist, Interior light pack, Technology pack, Comfort pack with ACC, park assist & parking system plus

6th Gear

Status
    Makes you wonder!

Uber Post Whore

Status
    Has anyone done this to there A3?

2013 AUDI A3 SB S-LINE : 2.0 TDIQ 184 : GLACIER WHITE :
    : S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :

I'm beginning to wonder if Fesss bought a rolling chassis from the factory and is building his own A3!
    I would probably have been cheaper and easier to have looked around for a model with all the items already on the car.

It's quite likely than the door mirrors will require a different wiring loom in each door.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

5th Gear

Status
    Perfectly possible to do but not easy or cheap. You'll need the mirror control switch that has the fold option and you will need to run wiring from this switch out to each mirror housing. Seen this done on a few A4's so it can be achieved.

Have you finished any of your retro-fits yet? Or you just building an A3 from the wheels up!!
    A6 3.0 TDI.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Twizzler
    Now:BMW 530d M-sport tourer. Then:Lava Grey A3 Sportback S-line 2.0TFSI Quattro, S-line Special Edition, Xenon Plus, Leather, Light and Rain Pack, Interior light Pack, Bose, DVD Nav+, Bluetooth, Multifunction wheel,Cruise, Heated Front Seats, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensor and some other bits.

Sylar

Status
    LOL. truthfully when i bought the A3, i didnt bother looking at its spec much, it was much more budget orientated after all i did think its just another car. but now iv felt a german drive i dont think ill be changing manufacturers for a while unless its beemer or benz.

sorry guys i didnt get the parking sensors done. this is the first time iv sat dwn today after all the last minuite shopping.

the only thing iv retrofitted is xenons, which were a must the oem lights made me seriously tired so that was my priority, with hindsight yes i should have bought a car with more extras but then again, atleast my own little retro-fits will keep me out of trouble lol.

Sylar

Status
    my ideal A3 would have MFSW, DIS, RNS-e, Folding mirrors, electric seats as well as my original spec lol then it would be perfect :D

I cant spell !

Status
    Was wondering this myself - just about to do a search. But was kind of hoping that the wiring loom was already in - Oh well never mind - will just have to keep folding the mirror on to fit in the garage.

Richard

Reverse Gear

Status

folding mirrors

You can retro fit mirrors,but will require parts.
    1 renew both mirror mounting frames.
    2 switch control and panel.
    3 run 2 wires from each window ecu to mirror fold motors.
    4 reprogram both window motors ecu so they are folding spec.
    5 in some cases the window motor ecu will have to be changed due to software upgrade to make to folding spec..

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    retro just needs the folding motors, some wiring & relays & then you need to decide on how you want them to fold, via a switch, of the ignition, lock/unlock etc as several ways to do, no need to use oem setup as I find they are **** anyway & I've had folding mirrors on all 3 of my audis since 01, my latest has oem folding as did my s4 b6, but I'm also adding lock/unlock folding circuitry as the door switches are crap anyway

your existing pillars should be fine as manual & electrical folds have the same stop risers mounts on the pillars anyway from what I've seen as when you fold them manually they stop at the same place as the electrical ones, so no need to change pillars

& only if you do the oem folding install then no the door modules would need to be changed because they are not wired for the folding parts, has missing pins/circuitry, has nothing to do with software upgrades, software upgrades are for newer versions of the modules when previous ones have been found to have minor issues, when retrofitting door modules are irrelevant as bypassed completely

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

1st Gear

Status
    Hey just wondering rough costs for this on a 2011 A3? Also how do the mirrors fold. Are they just inwards or upwards

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    wow......nearly 4 yrs gap in between posts.......lol
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner

5th Gear

Status
    Retroft folding mirrors on the 8P A3 can cost in the region of £850 + vat retail. (source:Google)

On My MY11 S3 they fold in and up, just like the video below.

Audi A3 MY11 Folding Mirrors. - YouTube (not my video)
    Audi RS3

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    the 2009 - mid 2010 mirrors folded inwards, the newer 2011 ones fold upwards. as advised they can be very expensive to buy if you go for brand new mirrors but if you are lucky enough to find second hand ones then they can prove to be a bargain.

I have retro-fitted a set of 2010 mirrors on mine and have wired them to auto fold on lock
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Interior Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Read My Blog & Build Thread