Finally Got one !

SteveTDCi

Reaction score
After starting my used car search back in may and test driving a few different brands, I narrowed it down to the A3 Sport back or the Leon FR TDi. I went to look at an A3 at the weekend, witht the view of only looking... 2 hours later and £500 poorer I now have a deposit down and pick it up in January. I only have 2 pictures both taken with my phone,

Photo-0035Medium.jpg

Photo-0036Medium.jpg

Its a 2.0 TDi 140ps S Line S Tronic, it has the 20spoke alloys, part leather and a few other bits. Its not the exact spec i'd want but by used standards it was cheap and I got a good PX on my Golf. Now for the mods !!!

Right colour, right wheels, alu roof bars look so good with black. One Q... How much and why only part leather in Sline?

Cheers

R

Second Black A3 SB due 03/08
2.0Tdi 170 Quattro Sline, Phantom, full leather, 20 spokes, alu roof bars, open sky MFSW,Bluetooth, FCAR, storage etc ... and if we are lucky and built after week 48 a free MP3/i Pod Aux in socket..:hubbahubba:

Early Slines were part leather, which suits me as all of the full leather cars didn't have heated seats. Price was £17100, its oct 05 21,000 1 owner, Audi were wanting £18995 for 54 plate cars around here.

Nice one Steve, looks like we've both bought S-lines nearly at the same time.

Maybe we could get together for a joint shoot in the new year?

SteveTDCi said:
Early Slines were part leather, which suits me as all of the full leather cars didn't have heated seats. Price was £17100, its oct 05 21,000 1 owner, Audi were wanting £18995 for 54 plate cars around here.

Nice one Steve, it looks superb and you made the right choice of Audi over the Seat.

If you ever fancy upgrading to full leather I know where you can get an excellent job done in Audi Nappa for £550 plus vat, basically the centre 'cloth' sections will be replaced, also make sure you hang onto your bluefin handset as you can get a 30% discount off your next remap.

Cleaning those wheels will keep you (or someone else you don't like!) quiet for hours!

I've already removd the map from the golf, i'll give the A3 a month or so as standard before remapping it. I was thinking of having the centre sections in alcantara with the S Line embroidered in red to match the stitching in the steering wheel. Has anyone retrofitted the heated seats ?

SteveTDCi said:
I've already removd the map from the golf, i'll give the A3 a month or so as standard before remapping it. I was thinking of having the centre sections in alcantara with the S Line embroidered in red to match the stitching in the steering wheel. Has anyone retrofitted the heated seats ?

The retrim can be done as above no problem, the is unlikely to change evn with the embroidery as Alcantara is a little cheaper to source.

Am sure someone has retro fitted the heated seats before either on here of on Ukmkivs.

Love those 20 spoke alloys :)

Nice choice of motor Steve :icon_thumright: (not that I'm biased at all).

I love mine - with the remap on as well, it's great fun - only done just over 400 miles in mine.

probably bluefin again, I had it on the Golf and other than clutch slip towards the end it was fine. Superchips will change the map to suit if you require, I could go down the Jabba route as they are local to us. We'll meet up when I get it done.