Thread: 3.2 Bumper

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel

Question 3.2 Bumper

Hi Guys,

My friend the other day recommended that I put a 3.2 rear bumper on my A3, is it any different to the 2.0 TDI bumper????? If not I'll him....

Its a sportback btw.

Cheers & Merry Xmas

2. # ADS
    ADS

Not that I can see in the parts catalogue. It only lists the rear bumper with or without rear parking sensors with different lower spoiler sections for single or dual pipe exhausts.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Boydie
    There are 4 types of front bumper for the A3

2003-mid 05ish
    Twin grilled bumper, pre facelift where you can add votex lower spoiler

2005-06ish
    single big mouth grill and new bonnet with the addition of a different votex front spoiler

06-now
    This Im not sure about, as it may have been an optional extra initially when the facelift came out

Smooth front bumper with small lips at the bottom (my personal fav) and big grill

then there is the S3 front bumper

all of the above can be fitted to the facelift versions of the A3 - unfortunately the pre faclifts require the new bonnet to fit the other bumpers

But N8KOW was asking about the REAR bumper!
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Boydie
    **** lol sorry!

didnt some 3.2 bumpers come with two exhaust holes in the middle of the bumper like the 182 clio???

RGBArgee
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydie
    **** lol sorry!

didnt some 3.2 bumpers come with two exhaust holes in the middle of the bumper like the 182 clio???
    NO!! You may be thinking of the VW R32.

TT
    R

Boydie
    I'm not - afaik some 3.2's came with a quad exhaust option but it might be an aftermarket bumper extension from oettinger

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    I've looked any the 3.2 bumper is sh1te, I'll stick with mine, and yes boydie I was chattin about the rear. Don't u read sigs? I'm doin the S3 front end on mine. lol

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr
    But N8KOW was asking about the REAR bumper!
    So what you are saying is that none of the 4 front bumpers boydie mentioned are a direct replacement for a 3.2 rear bumper. Have I got that right?

So what you are saying is that none of the 4 front bumpers boydie mentioned are a direct replacement for a 3.2 rear bumper. Have I got that right?
    Yes!
    Dave R (h5djr)

RGBArgee
    I'm not - afaik some 3.2's came with a quad exhaust option but it might be an aftermarket bumper extension from oettinger
    Well they sure were not proper standard Audi IMHO!!!

2nd Gear

Status
    http://audi-sport.net/gallery/showph...&size=big&cat=

Here is a bumper from a 2005 3.2.

It put it on there mainly because of a small dent in my old one (standard A3 non S-Line exterior) but also because it was cheaper to buy a brand new, spray it and fit it rather than have the old damaged one fixed

Third reason was that I wanted to fit the rear exhaust from a 2.0TFSI with twin pipes and therefore needed the rear lower lip with the right space.

Another plus is that you get the 'matte' grey area (diffuser-look-a-like). And of course it is cleaner looking without the horizontal plastic piece.
    My old car.. Still miss the lil rocket :-)

Remapped Stage II - Forge FMIC - Dahlb�ck Intake - K&N - DieselGeek ShortShift - Phenolic - Powerflex Dogbone - Rial Daytona Race 8.5x18" ET30 - Forge Tiebars - Bilstein B8 - H&R 25mm - R32 rear ARB - H&R 20mm Spacers - EBC Discs - Red Stuff pads

RGBArgee
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Moeller
    http://audi-sport.net/gallery/showph...&size=big&cat=

Here is a bumper from a 2005 3.2.

It put it on there mainly because of a small dent in my old one (standard A3 non S-Line exterior) but also because it was cheaper to buy a brand new, spray it and fit it rather than have the old damaged one fixed

Third reason was that I wanted to fit the rear exhaust from a 2.0TFSI with twin pipes and therefore needed the rear lower lip with the right space.

Another plus is that you get the 'matte' grey area (diffuser-look-a-like). And of course it is cleaner looking without the horizontal plastic piece.
    It sure does't look like a 3.2 with those small wheels and one exhaust.

2nd Gear

Status
    Hehe...as you can read it were cheaper to buy a new bumper instead of hours and hours of filling, sanding and then painting it.

Also I wanted a better looking (not sounding, driving or working) exhaust (yes even 1.6 litres came with twin exh. pipes) and therefore had to buy the lower lip which has space for a twin piped exhaust. AND as everybody knows, you cant't get a perfect fit between that lower lip and a regular rear bumper. You will have two modify it somewhat in the corners where the lower lipp and the bumper meets...

I have a 1.6 not a 3.2 as you've noticed...

Merry X-Mas BTW
    My old car.. Still miss the lil rocket :-)

Remapped Stage II - Forge FMIC - Dahlb�ck Intake - K&N - DieselGeek ShortShift - Phenolic - Powerflex Dogbone - Rial Daytona Race 8.5x18" ET30 - Forge Tiebars - Bilstein B8 - H&R 25mm - R32 rear ARB - H&R 20mm Spacers - EBC Discs - Red Stuff pads

1st Gear

Status
    There are 4 types of front bumper for the A3

2003-mid 05ish
    Twin grilled bumper, pre facelift where you can add votex lower spoiler

2005-06ish
    single big mouth grill and new bonnet with the addition of a different votex front spoiler

06-now
    This Im not sure about, as it may have been an optional extra initially when the facelift came out

Smooth front bumper with small lips at the bottom (my personal fav) and big grill

then there is the S3 front bumper

all of the above can be fitted to the facelift versions of the A3 - unfortunately the pre faclifts require the new bonnet to fit the other bumpers
    Don't they also come with or without Headlamp washer cut outs as well?
    TTS, 19's,DSG,Sat Nav,phone,elec seats,bose,ex leather,and more

RGBArgee
    Never seen a rear bumper with Headlight washer cutouts?? !!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Glover
    Never seen a rear bumper with Headlight washer cutouts?? !!
    Ah!!! I missed the rear bit................but I did answer the post above which only talked about front bumpers................
    TTS, 19's,DSG,Sat Nav,phone,elec seats,bose,ex leather,and more

RGBArgee
    Quote Originally Posted by johnmv55
    Ah!!! I missed the rear bit................but I did answer the post above which only talked about front bumpers................
    Did it? Must have missed that..

2.0T Quattros are good but thirsty!!