3.2 Bumper

N8

Kowalski Details
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi Guys,

My friend the other day recommended that I put a 3.2 rear bumper on my A3, is it any different to the 2.0 TDI bumper????? :think: If not I'll :gun2: him....

Its a sportback btw.

Cheers & Merry Xmas :hi:

Not that I can see in the parts catalogue. It only lists the rear bumper with or without rear parking sensors with different lower spoiler sections for single or dual pipe exhausts.

There are 4 types of front bumper for the A3

2003-mid 05ish
Twin grilled bumper, pre facelift where you can add votex lower spoiler

2005-06ish
single big mouth grill and new bonnet with the addition of a different votex front spoiler

06-now
This Im not sure about, as it may have been an optional extra initially when the facelift came out

Smooth front bumper with small lips at the bottom (my personal fav) and big grill

then there is the S3 front bumper

all of the above can be fitted to the facelift versions of the A3 - unfortunately the pre faclifts require the new bonnet to fit the other bumpers

But N8KOW was asking about the REAR bumper!

**** lol sorry!

didnt some 3.2 bumpers come with two exhaust holes in the middle of the bumper like the 182 clio???

Boydie said:
**** lol sorry!

didnt some 3.2 bumpers come with two exhaust holes in the middle of the bumper like the 182 clio???

NO!! You may be thinking of the VW R32.

TT
R:blow:

I'm not - afaik some 3.2's came with a quad exhaust option but it might be an aftermarket bumper extension from oettinger

I've looked any the 3.2 bumper is *****, I'll stick with mine, and yes boydie I was chattin about the rear. Don't u read sigs? I'm doin the S3 front end on mine. lol

So what you are saying is that none of the 4 front bumpers boydie mentioned are a direct replacement for a 3.2 rear bumper. Have I got that right?
Yes!

Boydie said:
I'm not - afaik some 3.2's came with a quad exhaust option but it might be an aftermarket bumper extension from oettinger

Well they sure were not proper standard Audi IMHO!!!:sorry:

http://audi-sport.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1465&size=big&cat=

Here is a bumper from a 2005 3.2.

It put it on there mainly because of a small dent in my old one (standard A3 non S-Line exterior) but also because it was cheaper to buy a brand new, spray it and fit it rather than have the old damaged one fixed :)

Third reason was that I wanted to fit the rear exhaust from a 2.0TFSI with twin pipes and therefore needed the rear lower lip with the right space.

Another plus is that you get the 'matte' grey area (diffuser-look-a-like). And of course it is cleaner looking without the horizontal plastic piece.

Dennis Moeller said:
http://audi-sport.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1465&size=big&cat=

Here is a bumper from a 2005 3.2.

It put it on there mainly because of a small dent in my old one (standard A3 non S-Line exterior) but also because it was cheaper to buy a brand new, spray it and fit it rather than have the old damaged one fixed :)

Third reason was that I wanted to fit the rear exhaust from a 2.0TFSI with twin pipes and therefore needed the rear lower lip with the right space.

Another plus is that you get the 'matte' grey area (diffuser-look-a-like). And of course it is cleaner looking without the horizontal plastic piece.

It sure does't look like a 3.2 with those small wheels and one exhaust.:hi:

Hehe...as you can read it were cheaper to buy a new bumper instead of hours and hours of filling, sanding and then painting it.

Also I wanted a better looking (not sounding, driving or working) exhaust (yes even 1.6 litres came with twin exh. pipes) and therefore had to buy the lower lip which has space for a twin piped exhaust. AND as everybody knows, you cant't get a perfect fit between that lower lip and a regular rear bumper. You will have two modify it somewhat in the corners where the lower lipp and the bumper meets...

I have a 1.6 not a 3.2 as you've noticed...

Merry X-Mas BTW

Boydie said:
There are 4 types of front bumper for the A3

2003-mid 05ish
Twin grilled bumper, pre facelift where you can add votex lower spoiler

2005-06ish
single big mouth grill and new bonnet with the addition of a different votex front spoiler

06-now
This Im not sure about, as it may have been an optional extra initially when the facelift came out

Smooth front bumper with small lips at the bottom (my personal fav) and big grill

then there is the S3 front bumper

all of the above can be fitted to the facelift versions of the A3 - unfortunately the pre faclifts require the new bonnet to fit the other bumpers

Don't they also come with or without Headlamp washer cut outs as well?

Never seen a rear bumper with Headlight washer cutouts?? !!:icon_thumright:

Rick Glover said:
Never seen a rear bumper with Headlight washer cutouts?? !!:icon_thumright:

Ah!!! I missed the rear bit................but I did answer the post above which only talked about front bumpers................

johnmv55 said:
Ah!!! I missed the rear bit................but I did answer the post above which only talked about front bumpers................

Did it? Must have missed that..

2.0T Quattros are good but thirsty!!