TFSI quattro & bluefin

technogeek

Reaction score
Hi Guys, my first post! First and foremost I want to say thanks for a great forum- I've lurked here for a while in my run up to deciding what car to get. Finally plumped for a "special edition" (the dealers way of justifying two tone leather) 2.0 TSFI quattro S-line. My last car was a 350z but an impending family required a swap (upgrade :) ) to something more sensible.

I also want to big up superchips. Before my 350z I had a scooby (sorry :no: ) and had it remapped to great effect. I decided pretty early on that I'd go for a remap of the A3. Did a bit of searching around and spoke to a few tuners, but finally decided to go for the bluefin on account of the map being reasonably mild (I want the engine to last!) and uninstallable should I want to. I ordered my Bluefin at 3pm on Tues, it arrived 8.50am Weds, and I mailed the original file to them before I went off to work. 20min down the road, I get a text message saying my new map is ready to download. Not sure if I've just been lucky, but superchips must have upped their game if the other threads that talk about needing 24hrs or more to get the new map are right!

Uploaded the new map to the ECU (weird error messages concerning brakes and fuel happened while I was doing this- apparently normal), and I was done. I'm reasonably skeptical at the best of times about "big BHP increases", but I can honestly say it's totally transformed the car. Bit more turbo lag if I am being critical, but when on boost it now pulls like stink. I am much more impressed with this remap than I was with the one I had done to my scooby. My accelerometer (a windscreen mounted one I've had for a few years, shame I only use when I get a new car!) tells me I've saved a second from 0-60 over the stock car, and it also reports an extra 52BHP. Take the latter figure with a pinch of salt as these gadgets approximate at best (but I wanted at least some objective measure of increased performance).

So, dead chuffed. Can recommend the Bluefin highly, and the superchips service even more. And this forum most of all :jump:

I've just been revo'd, keep watching the forums for a report.

Is there anything that made you go particularly for the Revo over any of the other solutions? I'd be quite interested in any comparisons!

technogeek said:
Is there anything that made you go particularly for the Revo over any of the other solutions? I'd be quite interested in any comparisons!

I'm guessing just a case of personal preference or reputable dealer locality. Some people are put off by the convenience of remote mapping, I know I like to travel to the company and meet face to face the idividual that working on my car.

I believe Revo and superchips are the most popular choices in the UK with each having pro's and cons.

For me the flash counter reset and additional warranty swing it for Bluefin but many prefer Revo if planning to take their cars onto either stage 2/3.

Hope this helps and glad you are enjoying the new car & the forum :)