Bumber removal

amgad

Reaction score
Ok... guys first off all... a merry christmas to everyone.

I need a quick guide on how to remove the front bumper of my sportback (single frame).

I know the basics, just need the "hidden tricks"... sensor, cables, (water ejectors), foglams, location of screews... dont want to brake anything.

Anyone with a quick post?

Thanks guys

Send me a PM with an email address and I will forward 3 pdf files of the relevant pages from the Elsawin workshop manual.

did you pm him? h5djr provides excellent information regarding audis

h5djr said:
Send me a PM with an email address and I will forward 3 pdf files of the relevant pages from the Elsawin workshop manual.

As Boydie says, Did you PM Dave? I dont know what more he can do to help you! The ELSAWIN diagrams and instructions are excellent.

If you know 'the basics' then its very easy, You may just need to unplug the fog-lights and headlamp washer pipes (If your car has these fitted)

Issac Hunt said:
As Boydie says, Did you PM Dave? I dont know what more he can do to help you! The ELSAWIN diagrams and instructions are excellent.

If you know 'the basics' then its very easy, You may just need to unplug the fog-lights and headlamp washer pipes (If your car has these fitted)

I did pm him yesterday but no luck yet.

I do know the basics...did my golf IV many times. Yesterday i took out all the "basic screws" like i used to in the golf...but the bumper would not twitch... drove me nuts so i need a guide. My basic problem is that one of the headlamps seems a little loose (moves and causes beem to vibrate) and i want to tighten it.

Help?

I did pm him yesterday but no luck yet.

Sorry guys I've been out all day. I send copies of the PDF tomorrow morning.

dunk said:

Great, thanks...
something a little confusing though. If i am only tightening the headlamp screws there are only 3 screws (all accesible from the top) then there is no need to remove the bumper, right?

The part of my headlamp that is loose, is the corner that is on the outside of the car (indicator side).

Any ideas?

no you dont need to remove the bumper to tighten the screws but you will need a long screwdriver to get to the bottom one

FIXED!!

no bumper removal... just loosened the headlamp completely, then tightened over in order (bottom screw first)... headlamp is no nice and tight, hope it stays that way.

Thanks y'all