Retro-FIT for Electro-Magnetic Reverse Parking Sensor (Not Ultra-Sound)

fesss_84

Sylar
Reaction score
HI Ladies & Gents

Iv just recieved the parking sensor I ordered, Taurus T123.
THE LINK: http://www.ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk/Parking_Sensor/Reverse_Parking_Sensor/Taurus/Taurus_T123_Reverse_Parking_Sensor

Its a strip which sticks on the inside of the bumper, someone mentioned it inside a thread a few weeks ago, so after much thought i'v decided to test it out.

It doest require any drilling and more importantly no trace of parking sensors being installed are left behind, if you want to take them out for whatever reason..

it states they are very sensitive and in adverse weather conditions may give false readings because of the activity inside the electro-magnetic field. one thing to note is states they should be installed as low as possible behind the bumper for maximum effectivness.

Ill take some pictures during installation KEEP WATCHING THIS SPACE.

Very interested in your results from this. I have a ultra sonic one that i have never fitted because i dont want to drill my bumper.
Does it actually stick to the inside of the bumper or do you have to mount it on the bumper bar?
Keep us updated!

I'll also be following this thread with interest. The sensor strip sticks to the inside of the bumper. Here's a video of an install.

[ytv]iyl51qoTiqM[/ytv]

perfect john mate, nice one.

very helpfull indeed. some good guidlines which i will be following. but they drilled into the boot of the car, i wanted to avoid this.

does anyone know a cable route from bumper to boot in audi a3????? this would also be very helpful.

also does anyone know where the screw which hold th rear bumper are located are??

many thanks all.

To show there are no bad feelings between us, if you would like to PM me with an email address I will send you pdf files showing the parts used for the rear bumper assembly and a page from the elsawin workshop manual showing how to remove the rear bumper.

fesss_84 said:
perfect john mate, nice one.

very helpfull indeed. some good guidlines which i will be following. but they drilled into the boot of the car, i wanted to avoid this.

does anyone know a cable route from bumper to boot in audi a3????? this would also be very helpful.

also does anyone know where the screw which hold th rear bumper are located are??

many thanks all.

Once you take the bumper of you'll see a rubber grommet that you pierce a hole in to push the cable through to route up to your light cluster. I know because I've installed this kit myself.

It's a cracking peice of kit for the money, although you still need to know the surrounding of the area that you are reversing into as it does give false alerts now and again. Once you know you are reversing towards a solid object (Pillar/Wall) it is very accurate. So accurate that it took a while to relinquish some trust in the unit.

Picture of mounting screw locations below

[URL="http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/vonmaximo/A63-0207.png"][/URL]

[URL="http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/vonmaximo/A63-0206.png"][/URL]

spectacular, im hoping to get the retro-fit done this weekend thank alot guys.

h5djr thanks for your interest, no hard feelings mate. i dont like to be classed as uneducated, i studied far too long for someone to say that, if you catch my drift. lol

im typing this message at around 100 words minute, and i dont bother proof reading, if someone paid me to post on here then i would most certainly take care, however this is how it is. sorry if you dont understand me.

h5djr thanks for your interest, no hard feelings mate. i dont like to be classed as uneducated, i studied far too long for someone to say that, if you catch my drift. lol

As I said in the other thread, I didn't say you were un-educated, I just said you were ACTING as though you were. We've all studied long and hard and in many cases continued to do so all through our working lives keeping up with the latest technology.

And I'm sorry, but I do not accept you excuse for bad typing, bad English, bad grammer etc. I'm not be paid to post here and nor is anyone else, but we manage to get it reasonable correct. So should you, out of respect for your fellow forum members if nothing else.

ok h5djr. i really got no time to argue. so from now on ill try my best to type clearly. :D.

apologies for any inconveniance caused.

anyhow as soon as im out of bed, im going to start with that reverse parking sensor today.

another quick question people. How do i change the standard DRL's, i can chage my main beam bulbs, but i cant get my hand to the DRL bulbs, is there another way to reach them????????????

fesss_84 said:
anyhow as soon as im out of bed, im going to start with that reverse parking sensor today.

Let us know how you get on..... Parking sensors are on my wish list ;)

h5djr said:
And I'm sorry, but I do not accept you excuse for bad typing, bad English, bad grammer etc. I'm not be paid to post here and nor is anyone else, but we manage to get it reasonable correct. So should you, out of respect for your fellow forum members if nothing else.
Ahem.... couple of spelling mistakes, some missing commas and other punctuation and grammatical errors in those three sentences alone :)

I must admit I am one of those people who reads signs on shops and advertisements in the newspapers and get angry when mistakes occur. For example, a new used car sales place opened up on my route home from work. They seem to have spend a fair few euro on the renovations. They have a sign giving all the spiel about who they are and what they do and one of their selling points is
"trade in's and part exchanges excepted". I laugh every time I drive past it!

I have the same views on TXT-SPEAK... stuff like dis, dere, dat, ur, l8r. just spell it properly, and if it is too long to fit into a single text phone me up and tell me over the phone. don't just remove all the vowels and assume I have time to dust off my enigma machine to decipher it. Oh, and before anybody accuses me of being an old fuddy duddy, can I just say thank you very much!

sorry to have gone off thread. I will also be following this with interest to see how the install goes.

my rs4 has this type of parking sensor and to be honest its rubbish - i wish i had fitted the ultrasonic type instead.

it works best with other cars but really isnt very good with walls or bollards.

That doesn't sound good. Fez let us know how you get on.

dunk said:
my rs4 has this type of parking sensor and to be honest its rubbish - i wish i had fitted the ultrasonic type instead.

it works best with other cars but really isnt very good with walls or bollards.

Really? I've found it ok, Admitedly it isn't as good as Ultrasound and does give false alarms but I've always found it very accurate once you know that you are reversing against an object wether it's a pillar/bollard, Wall or even a high kerb

The big bonus this kit has over ultrasound is that it's relatively cheap and requires no drilling of bumper or painting of sensors. It is a cheap and cheerful kit and with most things you get what you pay for. And for that I will agree that if you've got the money the Ultrasound will win hands down.

hi ladies and gents

unfortunately i aint started the retro-fit yet, iv been really busy over the weekend. im hoping to do it today but ill keep you all posted.

cheers

MarcQuinlivan said:
They seem to have spend a fair few euro on the renovations.

Couldn't resist it.

---

Keep us updated on the install :)

lol marc i just read your thread (the big 1). calm down and relax, its no reason to throw a huff, lifes to short for things like "dat". lol

sorry guys didnt get time to retro-fit it today AGAIN. but hopefully over the next few days, either way the installation process will be posted dont worry.

the only thing which really stops me installing it on my own is removal of rear bumper, i have abit of a heavy hand and i dont want to end up damaging my car if i get frustrated with anything. but the wiring etc etc shouldnt take long. im waiting for body shop to open so they can professionally remove the bumper for me and replace it once i have installed the sensor.