It 's Finally Here

rob1210

Reaction score
wa-hey it arrived today.

A few problems:
1. It's a lease car and was delivered to me and needed a hoover!
2. They hadn't de-badged it or added non-smoking pack (lease company didn't order it!)
3. Polish marks on the black door surrounds
4. The lease company had advised me of the wrong reg no. as such the insurance was invalid while I drove it for the first 1/2 hour until I realised.

Really pleased with the car though, just the lease company were 5hite! Superchips tomorrow!!

http://img441.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscn3028ju3.jpg

rob1210 said:
wa-hey it arrived today.

A few problems:
1. It's a lease car and was delivered to me and needed a hoover!
2. They hadn't de-badged it or added non-smoking pack (lease company didn't order it!)
3. Polish marks on the black door surrounds
4. The lease company had advised me of the wrong reg no. as such the insurance was invalid while I drove it for the first 1/2 hour until I realised.

Really pleased with the car though, just the lease company were 5hite! Superchips tomorrow!!

http://img441.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscn3028ju3.jpg

Looks really nice.

Looks really nice.

That's because a 170 with an S-tronic gearbox is really nice! Get ready to duck though as I can imagine the dsg haters turning purple at this very moment! lol

Looks real nice :)

you can now change your signature ! no more "waiting" .... :)

enjoy

Very nice Rob - I'm sure you'll love the Superchips add on :icon_thumright: . My car is only the 140, but with the Bluefin remap from Superchips it really transforms the car - problem is being gentle with the right foot, so there is no wheel spin :).

Jon

N8KOW said:
lol. Nice one Jon, does it wheel spin much Jon? Is yours manual?

Mine is a manual - it does wheel spin if you floor it - did it in 3rd gear yesterday - oops! Just need to be a bit more careful :).

I think the non-smoking pack/smoking pack debate is another 'marmite' job - you either love it or hate it. Personally I find the non-smoking pack handy as my wallet and phone all fit in the cubby hole quite nicely - I don't have an arm rest (find it just gets in the way to be honest), so the extra storage is welcome.

Jon

I spoke to the gut at my local Superchips dealer and he recommends waiting until 500-1000 miles before remapping so I'm going to wait until January and I'll let you know how it goes.

Also he said that if the dealer flashed the ECU or installed an upgrade then they would re-install for free. A good service that I wasn't aware of.

Sweet, like ours but darker.

both.jpg

What tyres are fitted to this car?
They seem to have a very marked tread pattern on the shoulder.

I had the same issues with poor prep. Polish/protective coating hadn't been removed in places. Ended up doing it myself. Didn't trust them not to mess it up if I took it back!

You'll definately have to let us know how you get on with the remap.

Enjoy it :icon_thumright:

N8KOW said:
Wheelspin - Interesting.

Safe enough.
In the dry, little chance, next to none.
In the wet, maybe some in first and brief burst in second, sometimes.
Third gear, hardly.
You'd have to be on something very slippery for 140bhp to give you wheelspin in third!:scared2:

N8KOW said:
Thankyou Bowfer, this is a wonderful experience, you being nice and helpful!! :icon_thumright: :faint:

I just had a chocolate biscuit.
Sugar rush.:nyah:

bowfer said:
Safe enough.
In the dry, little chance, next to none.
In the wet, maybe some in first and brief burst in second, sometimes.
Third gear, hardly.
You'd have to be on something very slippery for 140bhp to give you wheelspin in third!:scared2:

Ahhh, but mine isn't a 140 anymore thanks to the Bluefin remap :). Still, probably a bit of ice or a leaf that did it.

redbutcher said:
Ahhh, but mine isn't a 140 anymore thanks to the Bluefin remap :). Still, probably a bit of ice or a leaf that did it.

Fair enough, which just goes to back up my point.
A standard 140 won't spin in third, unless the road is made of teflon.

bowfer said:
Fair enough, which just goes to back up my point.
A standard 140 won't spin in third, unless the road is made of teflon.

:) very true.

I was under the impression your original reply was directed at me that's all :icon_thumright:.