S3 Running In Procedures

minibazzer

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am just trying to do some research ready for next March when I take delivery of a new S3. I have done some searches on both the internet and also these forums but have not been able to turn anything up to date. I am wondering what the best running in procedures are for the car? Is it best to just stick with the advice that Audi (hopefully will) provide or is there another way which has been proved better?

Any help and advice on this would be most welcomed.

Cheers, Simon :thumbsup:

Another one waiting for March too eh!? ;) I dunno if I can hold out that long!!!! :hubbahubba:

From running in my BM 3 years ago, it was stay below 2500rpm for first 1250 miles.... dont see much chance of that happening in an S3 tho.

It seems opinion is divided on whether its still worth running in cars now a days... personally, I dont see why not... but hey...

Kontraband said:
Another one waiting for March too eh!? ;) I dunno if I can hold out that long!!!! :hubbahubba:

I know!! It's been a long old wait for me. I first decided on the S3 back in January this year, managed to get enough saved up in time to get the order in for March!

God know what i'll be like on the day - have even found out that March 1st is a Saturday!!! :jump:

Does anyone know if Audi have their own guidelines? If so, what are they? I may sound a bit dumb but this will be my first ever new car, so dont know what to do really!

Well basically new cars don't need running in like old ones did. I know people that have mapped cars with 0 miles on the clock, and those cars were from dealers!!!!! But I would take it easy until 1k and then let loose, map it after 2k.

minibazzer said:
I know!! It's been a long old wait for me. I first decided on the S3 back in January this year, managed to get enough saved up in time to get the order in for March!

God know what i'll be like on the day - have even found out that March 1st is a Saturday!!! :jump:

Does anyone know if Audi have their own guidelines? If so, what are they? I may sound a bit dumb but this will be my first ever new car, so dont know what to do really!
Read the owners manual :icon_thumright:

just don't red line it and make sure it is warm before you put your foot down, other than that just drive it. it soon loosens up and you will know when its ready to go :).

I :asskicking: mine from day one, although no red lining. Just done 1000 miles now so starting to open it up some more