Clutch ....

SteveTDCi

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had to replace the clutch in a 140ps TDi, My Golf has just started to slip, and I know a remap doesn't help but 51k ( 20k with chip) doesn't seem to be a lot. My Focus covered 43k without even a murmer. Oh and how much would one cost to replace, I want to make it last until after christmas as its going, either for an A3 or Leon FR ( but they have issues !) the remap is coming off too.

Good point, thats exactly why I'll get a bluefin so if it does play up I can take it off, I'd hate to think how much a DSG clutch is, a couple of grand at least. But it all depends how the car is driven, my cousin is pushin 330bhp in his TT through a standard clutch and its fine as long as you don't drive like lewis hamilton every minute of the day :racer:

Mines just started slipping in 5/6th gears, I can hammer it hard in 3rd and not a problem, i'm sure I can smell gearbow fluid as well, so it could just be a seal. Still I don't want to find out !!!!

I am, I've been looking since May, I like the Audi A3 but with the DSG box or the A4 S Line but then I can have a new Leon for less than the price of a 3year old Audi.

I agree on the interior but the seats are better in the Seat, also 17k for a new Leon or 18k for a 2 1/2 year old audi ....

SteveTDCi said:
or 18k for a 2 1/2 year old audi ....

What sort of Audi commands that sort of dosh?
Must be a pretty smart one.
I asked the leasing company for a price for my 2 1/2 year old A3 sportback 2.0tdi S-line, and they 'only' wanted £16k.
I thought that was bad enough, mind you.
I just wouldn't want to spend that sort of money on any out-of-warranty motor.
The monthly repayments would be bad enough, without the threat of large repair bills at any given moment.
With that in mind, we always buy the wife new cars.
She could probably get smarter cars for the money, but we like the hassle-free factor of a three year warranty.

just found out that i need to replace my clutch as well...bomber

My clutch is also slipping slightly - need to replace it soon i think

Had it mapped for a fwe months now, has 62k on the clock

Took my map off last night and the car is fine now, mines just about to hit 52k.

hey guys bout how much is it for clutch nd pressure plate for an S3 2003.