AH FabricationsVolks Autos
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    6th Gear

Status
    I agree. Save the small fortune from modding up the TDI and wait a bit. With the money you've saved and the money you'll get from your car wont be far off 2nd hand S3 money...

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by emzino
    Just haven't got the money for it mate and I wouldn't have the money for it for a very long time neither heh. I'm only 21

Right now what's going through my head is, 'can I justify spending a small fortune on my car with 60k on the clock'...

I've also pretty much worked out that money on fuel for the S3 8L will double what I spend on the TDI now. I think I need to drive around where I normally drive and see if I can even really make use of the S3 8L's capabilities and if I couldn't, whether it would bother me or not

Your fuel bill won't double its more likely to increase by a third, I know i made the same swap and also do mainly short journeys.

If I was in your position I'd keep the Tdi with its hgh spec and save up some cash for another year - your car has lost the bulk of its money now so enjoy all the toys and the good looks and then take another look into changing next year, afterall its a nice car to own at 21 sounds to me like you are just getting a little bored
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    So what money are you thinking of spending on your car? Madalex or what ever his name is young with a S3. I just personally wouldn't go from a new A3 to an old S3. Like I said your choice.

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

Sylar

Status
    quatroo sounds well better, iv just got my A3 a couple of months ago, but after this is nothing short of RS4 or similar... just enjoying my A3 at the moment
    Fez ----Audi A3 SE 2.0TDi --- MOBILE OFFICE ---

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Spin140
    Your fuel bill won't double its more likely to increase by a third, I know i made the same swap and also do mainly short journeys.

If I was in your position I'd keep the Tdi with its hgh spec and save up some cash for another year - your car has lost the bulk of its money now so enjoy all the toys and the good looks and then take another look into changing next year, afterall its a nice car to own at 21 sounds to me like you are just getting a little bored
    You got me there hehe. I am a little bored of it already but I should really snap out of it or else i'm going to make some distrastic and possible very regretful decision!

Quote Originally Posted by N8KOW
    So what money are you thinking of spending on your car? Madalex or what ever his name is young with a S3. I just personally wouldn't go from a new A3 to an old S3. Like I said your choice.
    Well the plans were:

-MTM custom remap stage 1 & 2 (possibly 3 with Hybrid Turbo) through QS Tuning
    -Miltek turbo-back system w/200cell Sports CAT (3" downpipe)
    -Carbonio Forced CAI
    -Hofele RS style front end conversion
    -RS4 v2 18" rims
    -Brembo GT Kit brakes or cheaper alternative Black Diamond/EBC

That's it really heh. So were talking roughlyyyy 3000-4000 worth of mods

Think i'll do Plan C which is keep it, work my a*s off and get the A5 3.0TDI Quattro
    Last edited by emzino; 17th December 2007 at 18:43.
    Audi A3 (8P) 2.0TDI SE .:. Ebony Black, Sports Suspension, Vienna Beige Sports Leather Seats, Concert II & BOSE, 6 CD-Changer, Xenons, Acoustic Parking Sensors & All The Packs .:.

Gone but not forgotten

2007 Audi S3

Status

Thumbs up keep your TDi

Quote Originally Posted by emzino
    I'm only 21
    Not to pi$$ on your fire but have you done an insurance quote for an S3 I'd imagine its going to cost you a small fortune esp (>1.5-2k) if you only have 1years ncb!!!!

Might be worth while keeping your oil burner, stay safe and save for a new S3 a year or so down the line.
    Its a good feeling buying a new car of this caliber knowing your the first owner.......just a thought.

Mike

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bowfer
    I know what you mean, but it's still controllable.
    With all due respect, it is only 140bhp/170bhp.
    It's not like you've turned on some sort of afterburner and you're suddenly staring death in the face.
    I was saying at the weekend, that my A3 must be virtually uncrashable.
    You'd have to be such a spaz to crash it through your own actions.
    It makes it nice and safe...but a bit dull at the same time.
    So the ESP goes on for the missus, off for me!
    You're right, it is controllable and I've altered my driving to do that most of the time but there are times you go for a gap in the wet and just end up spinning. Total PITA. But then Quattro would be totally irrelevant 99% of the time. As it is we're only getting around 35MPG with this colder weather and all the shortish journeys. Guess that would be around 30 in a Quattro. Should have bought a petrol car!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff
    You're right, it is controllable and I've altered my driving to do that most of the time but there are times you go for a gap in the wet and just end up spinning. Total PITA. But then Quattro would be totally irrelevant 99% of the time. As it is we're only getting around 35MPG with this colder weather and all the shortish journeys. Guess that would be around 30 in a Quattro. Should have bought a petrol car!
    Not really, I average about 35 on short journeys and mid 40's on the motorway in my 170 quattro

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Just keep saving and keep your options open.

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey_abz
    Not to pi$$ on your fire but have you done an insurance quote for an S3 I'd imagine its going to cost you a small fortune esp (>1.5-2k) if you only have 1years ncb!!!!

Might be worth while keeping your oil burner, stay safe and save for a new S3 a year or so down the line.
    Its a good feeling buying a new car of this caliber knowing your the first owner.......just a thought.

Mike
    I got 3years and that'll be 4 when I hit march.

Right now i'm paying 1200 a year with RAC & i'm 1st driver. I done a quote with Direct Line as 1st driver again on the facelift 225bhp S3 8L and got 1200 again so it's ok.

Think I need to goto the drawing board and do some financing to see which way i'll be best off...

So as for that conclusion, I do thank ALL of you SO SO MUCH for the input, help, advice & guidance. It's aided me hugely and my mum has even had a read through lol

I'll keep you all posted on what happens next
    Audi A3 (8P) 2.0TDI SE .:. Ebony Black, Sports Suspension, Vienna Beige Sports Leather Seats, Concert II & BOSE, 6 CD-Changer, Xenons, Acoustic Parking Sensors & All The Packs .:.

Gone but not forgotten

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Tell your mum to catch the bus! lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12