Chris NottVolks Autos

Thread: S3 Brakes

S3 LTN

S3 Brakes

Need some further info on this subject...
    S3 going to need brakes soon too aswell as the tyres... talk about coming at the right time....
    neway Audi charging for just the front discs and pads total of Ł89 (each disc) Ł76 (front pads).
    as for labour... ha forget it... a mate of mine will do it he works at KwikFit and knows how to aswell.

Look at the difference in prices with labour... both these dealerships are the closest to me.

Bedford Audi = Ł150
    Hitchin Audi = Ł200

why the difference i dont know but all i know if i did get them fitted from Audi i'd go to Bedford... not only beacuse of their price but the drive there down the A5. Both dealerships are same distance away.

Anyway what should i do... are there other options out there for her or shall i stick to standard... bit pricey was thinking maybe there might be upgraded brakes out there for similar prices...

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Audi doesnt own the dealerships, Audi can only specify how long a job can take hours wise but not the charge per hour! Therefore you should always shop about because each dealership can specify its own labour rate, it sucks but currently nothing we can do about it

6th Gear

Status
    Ask the guy in the parts department for a discount, it might save you a bit of cash. Or you could get a price from vagparts, but the postage might be expensive. Or a third option, go to a local car accessory shop for a non OE part. It's your call....

3rd Gear

Status
    Fouth option is to get the sweet stasis/alcon kit. Not cheap, but sure is worth it.

http://www.ears.co.uk/motorsport/aca...e_Kits_72.html
    or
    http://www.stasisengineering.com/Cat...&EN=203&PID=44

6th Gear

Status
    I would have thought £89 per disc is quite good, the Leon Cupra R ones which are smaller from the delaer were around £125 each!
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

1st Gear

Status
    True! That gave me a shock when I had my Cupra R. Seem to remember the pads were something like Ł140 a set too!

Probably expensive because they were Brembo - not convinced they were better than the S3 brakes though.

S3 LTN
    £125 EACH!! wow... Yeah looks like il be sticking to the standard ones then. Going to order them hopefully wont take too long coz they need doing as soon as.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    I wanna see a 400bhp S3 with 6 pots!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Reading this thread, I am now suffering massive depression from living in Australia.

My A3 3.2 has the same size breaks as the S3, no flash break claipers though. The quote for front and rear breaks is $1,800 aud, roughly 766 pounds. Ouch!

I suppose its those shipping cost.
    2005 A3 8P 3.2 Milltek Cat Back Exhaust, APR Headers, LED Tail lights, TT Pedals,TT Steeing Wheel, Chrome Vent Rings.BMC Air Filter, RNSE
    To do: Suspension, Chip

2005 A6 3.0TDI stock as a rock Company Car (TTS Steering Wheel)

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

I am jealous of the S3 boys on here. If I had a S3 I would....

Bigger Turbo w/3"downpipe
    FMIC
    Clutch
    Uprated Haldex
    Coilovers
    Sports Cat & Exhuast
    DV
    6 Pot Brakes

Reverse Gear

Status
    I have driven an S3 N8KOW, and I must say, WOW, the chasis is spectacular. I know where you are coming from, but with the mods to my exhaust you really can't beat the scream of the V6 for noise. Now if I can just get my Chasis tweaked to the same as an S3, Heavan on earth.
    2005 A3 8P 3.2 Milltek Cat Back Exhaust, APR Headers, LED Tail lights, TT Pedals,TT Steeing Wheel, Chrome Vent Rings.BMC Air Filter, RNSE
    To do: Suspension, Chip

2005 A6 3.0TDI stock as a rock Company Car (TTS Steering Wheel)

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

My cousin has a 330bhp TT and the noise of that, is absolutley unreal, I cannot describe what its like. MONSTEROUS.