Problems with remaped S3

kabuto

Reaction score
Hello all.

I am having sometimes what it seems like the clutch is slipping for a sec under full load and in high gears ( 4th and up). The car has 25.000 km (16.000 miles aprox.) on it and i am chipped since 2-3 months. This first time it happened a few weeks ago and now it does it more frequently. It looks like it does it the first time i floor it (when it gets the adecuate temperature) and maybe when its colder outside.
I dont think it is the clutch (hope not!), maybe something about the remap? (Its unitronic) Does the car or the remap have some kind of torque limitator that disengages the clutch or something like that? Do you think it could be a bad DV? i am with the stock one.
What do you think??
thx

Hi Kabuto

Is this a old S3 or a 2.0 TFSI? either way no there is no way for the torque limit's to disengage the clutch. when you say it is slipping are the engine rev's increasing but there is no change in speed? Is it happening when you come off the pedal or later just under power? does this happen at all in the lower gears even if you try and accelerate hard? Does the pedal feel any different? (harder softer biting point in a different place)

Hi

Its the new S3, and yes, the engine rev's are increasing but there is no change in speed and only when I floor it .Maybe when i let off the gas at part thorttle it surges. The pedal doesnt feel any different and it only happens in higher gears.
Thank you very much

kabuto said:
Hi

the engine rev's are increasing but there is no change in speed

Your clutch is slipping... end of. The only thing I can suggest is go back to whoever remapped it and ask for a less aggresive torque map.

I think mine slips slightly when I'm proper nailing it - uprated clutch would surely be a better option than less agressive map?

more expensive for sure..:unsure:

I am going to call my chiptunner and see what he tells me about it..
So the general thought its too much torque so the clutch cant handle it?

New uprated clutch would be the best thing fersure !

I think it's the Sachs Clutch you want. That's the only that springs to mind when something like this occurs