A3 Sport back interior rear lights question

drnutta

Reaction score
Hi I am wondering if the A3 sportback has map lights in the rear.
if so does anyone know part no.s for a sline ?

would be handy if there are 2 switches that each passenger can control rather than just the one.

drnutta said:
Hi I am wondering if the A3 sportback has map lights in the rear.
if so does anyone know part no.s for a sline ?

would be handy if there are 2 switches that each passenger can control rather than just the one.
I know my car has the interior lights in the rear - but since i've never sat in the back of it I don't know if they are individually controlled - i.e. a separate button for each rear passenger - if they both come on together with a single button, or if they are controlled by the switch on the front interior lights.

Your question was slightly vague - do you want to know
  • if rear lights are available for your car (since you don't have any at the minute)
  • if the rear lights that you have in your car can be replaced with map lights
I can check my own interior lights this evening on the way home from work if nobody else comes up with the answer in the mean-time.

Our 05 Sportback has lights in the rear. I think the optional Interior Light pack has map lights but check www.audi.co.uk , then configureyour Audi and check the drop down menu.

Cheers

Rick:happy:

What i am after is if the rear light have the option for map lights like the a4

My sportback has rear lights, but, AFAIK, you cannot control them seperately in any way.
They either come on at the same time as the front ones, or they don't.
On of the rear light bulbs hasn't worked since new, but I've never bothered my **** fixing it.

Standard fit on SE - two individually switchable map lights.

daveyjp said:
Standard fit on SE - two individually switchable map lights.

In the back?
Just checked my S-line and although it appears you can switch them on on-demand, as a pair, you definitely cannot switch them on individually.
It's both, or nothing.

S Line - individual rear map lights. They both come on together when you open the doors and you can switch them both on with the front interior light switch on the overhead panel if you are in the car (both front and rear come on together). Or you can use the individual switches nest to the lights to use them separately when in the back, just like you can switch on the front ones individually with the front map light switches.

Quote from Audi www.

Interior light pack

- Illuminated door openers, vanity mirrors, storage compartment, footwell lighting, reading lights in front and rear, ambient lighting and active door reflectors

Damn cheek Audi MAKE you have this option when you order Open Sky!! Ours being glued together week 51. Phantom Black of course

RobB said:
S Line - individual rear map lights. They both come on together when you open the doors and you can switch them both on with the front interior light switch on the overhead panel if you are in the car (both front and rear come on together). Or you can use the individual switches nest to the lights to use them separately when in the back, just like you can switch on the front ones individually with the front map light switches.

Not on my S-line.
Only one switch, which switches both back lights on.
No individual switches for each light/passenger.

The individually switched rear reading lights are part of the 'light sensor package' according to my Owner's Manual. My SE has the light sensor package as standard and therefore has the individually switched lights.

Bowfer - specs change over time - IIRC yours is 3 years old. My 2007 model has differences to the 2005 model yet both are standard SEs.

The 2005 model had a seat belt warning on the passenger seat, the 2007 doesn't have one.

The rear reading lights are part of the interior light pack, which is an option on all models old or new, other than the SE which, has the light pack as standard.

So i would think you could change your rear lights to the reading lights, as you can also do in the front, as for the part No. a little research needed, many have done it in the front, so i would have thought it very possible.

bowfer said:
Not on my S-line.
Only one switch, which switches both back lights on.
No individual switches for each light/passenger.

That will be the interior light pack I ordered then. Comes with the ambient red light that lights up the area around the gearstick etc from the console above etc. Apologies if I confused even further!

RobB said:
That will be the interior light pack I ordered then. Comes with the ambient red light that lights up the area around the gearstick etc from the console above etc. Apologies if I confused even further!

Do you have reading lights front & rear, & do the fronts have individual switches, but the rears only have one switch.

With mine, so the light pack, I have a main switch in the front as per all A3s and two separate switches for when using the front map lights. In the rear, there are two lights and two switches.

That is what i am after!
My rear lights have no reading lights. I only have 1 switch.

Would anyone have a part no. for the rear lights which is suppose to be part of the interior light pack option?

The part number for the rear light unit that is part of the 'additional lighting' package, with the two reading lights is 8E0 947 111 B followed by the colour code of 9NQ for silver, 8C1 for beige, 6PS for black.

I'll have a look to see if there anything in the Elsawin manual about fitting.

Thank YOU Thanky YOU.

would be cool if i can fit this in the Sline..

Really annoyed i did not get the interior lights option!

All Elsawin says is to carefully remove the lighting unit. It is just a push fit into the headlining and then remove the electrical connection. Replacing it is just the reverse. No indication if there is more than one or two wires. So assuming the non-map reading light unit and the map reading light unit are the same size it should not be a problem to actually change the unit, but I would assume they may well be different wiring for the different units. One would only operate when the doors are opened but the map reading light unit would need another supply to operate when the doors were closed.

According the the Current Flow diagrams in Elsawin, the unit with the map reading lights has 4 connections - two earth wires and one feed for the interior light and one for the map reading lights. It does not seem to show the non-map reading light unit.

I'll have a look at mine - it has the map reading lights and see what the wiring is like.

I had a look at mine this afternoon and there are 4 wires connecting to the light unit with a single block connector. The same bulbs are used for both the normal interior lights and the map reading lights.

Thanks for this!
I really appreciate the effort.
i have order some parts so will see what happens!

No problem, only glad to help. Let us know how you get on - others may be interested as well.