Audi courtosy car

sworks16

Reaction score
The service indicator popped up this morning but my question is i'm looking at upgrading to an a4 now is it possible to ask the dealer to have the possible spec your looking at buying?

You can always ask. They are not obliged to provide any particular car but if a sale could result I'm sure they will try and accommodate your request if possible.

Problem is that you may have to wait longer if you are requiring a particular car as a loan vehicle. It can already be a long wait for a courtesy car to be available so you may have to be patient.

Over time I have had a variety of different vehicle as loan cars from my Audi dealer ranging from a base spec A3 1.9TDi to a A8 with every conceivable option.

An alternative, if they don't have the particular car you are interested in on loan car stock, is to hire the car you are thinking of buying for a weekend. I've done this in the past and this bypasses the inevitable hard sell from a dealer. Just a thought.

If it's the new model A4 you're after, they're unlikely to have a demo and, even then, it's only coming in SE spec to start with.
If you're looking at a current model A4, it begs the question...why, when there's a completely new one coming out in two months?

it was just a query i had no idea the replacement was due now, it was mainly going for the a4 convertible as i don't fancy the a3 one

I've just picked up a courtesy car whilst a few things are being done to my A3. They gave me an A4 Avant S-line 2.0T is that really bright blue colour. It looks really nice actually but it's a lot more basic inside than my A3 and I'll be glad to get it back.

rich164h said:
I've just picked up a courtesy car whilst a few things are being done to my A3. They gave me an A4 Avant S-line 2.0T is that really bright blue colour. It looks really nice actually but it's a lot more basic inside than my A3 and I'll be glad to get it back.

Am I right in thinking you have an S3?
So the A4 Avant S-line 2.0T (at around £25k) is around £5k cheaper.
So is it any great surprise it's more basic inside?
Presumably, they'd have preferred to give you an R8, but it was busy.

Edit, You maybe have a 3.2 S-line?
In that case, I fail to see how the A4 S-line is more basic, unless you've specced yours up?
I can't think of anything your standard car would have that the S-line Avant wouldn't.

No, I've got an A3 3.2 s-line quattro with (for my sins) DSG. I've just seen your edits and I think you're right, it's the little extra toys that make the difference (no phone prep, ipod and wierd sounding stereo even though its the same symphony/bose combo that I've got). But one other thing is that in my A3 there's the speed cloth half leather whereas in the A4 it's full black leather. I've got to say that the speed cloth actually feel much nicer which isn't something I was expecting. Maybe it's just the extra room takes away that nice A3 cocooned feeling.

The 2.0T under 3000rpm feels really rough actually. I guess as it's a courtesy car it's had a pretty hard life though bu the manual gear box is really nice and I think I'll be changing mine to one of these in about 6 months.

rich164h said:
and wierd sounding stereo even though its the same symphony/bose combo that I've got).

Set up?
I remember an A4 loaner I was given had mid-range adjustment on the headunit, which mine doesn't, for example.
The A4 should have the better sound, theoretically at least, as I'm sure I'm right in thinking their Bose set-up has more speakers than the A3 bose set-up.
Maybe it's just the more refined A4 drive that's confusing you!
You can't hear the engine or road, so you're concentrating on the stereo more.!

;-)

Who knows. I've tried all the settings and set them the same as my A3 and it still sounds really....thin, and lacking punch. The engine is actually much louder than the 3.2 and the ride less refined than my A3. Like I said it might just be a bad example though.

Could be worse.
I don't get a courtesy car at all.
I do get my car collected from work though.
Sounds good, but the ****** drivers always insist on adjusting EVERYTHING in the car, for a 7 mile journey...
Seat distance, height,backrest angle,mirrors, steering wheel height and reach etc.etc.
Sounds picky, but it's really annoying and I've complained more than once.
They should only do the minimum of adjustments necessary to make the journey, not return my car feeling like it isn't mine!

bowfer said:
If it's the new model A4 you're after, they're unlikely to have a demo and, even then, it's only coming in SE spec to start with.
If you're looking at a current model A4, it begs the question...why, when there's a completely new one coming out in two months?

could say the same about you though... Alpina D3... versus new 323d which will be out soon

steve184 said:
could say the same about you though... Alpina D3... versus new 323d which will be out soon

Hardly.
The new A4 is a completely different car, from the ground up.
The 323D is just a new engine in an existing car.

marms said:
An alternative, if they don't have the particular car you are interested in on loan car stock, is to hire the car you are thinking of buying for a weekend. I've done this in the past and this bypasses the inevitable hard sell from a dealer. Just a thought.

Very true :icon_thumright: Our company is one that can provide you with the service also. We have all the top of the range Audi's including the R8, RS4 cab and saloon, S3 amongst lots of others aswell!!