S3 black grill

dipstic

Reaction score
Was considering getting the Audi black grill pack for my S3 but after a quote of £232.90 I think its a no no, unless anyone knows of a cheaper option.

I believe that the best option is that paint her to you in some workshop, if it´s of confidence, better.

Here in my country it they have done some, and the result is spectacular. Salu2:icon_thumright:

From memory the "black styling kit" was a £300 option at build no? - what else did that add apart from the grill?

If nothing, then it's a bargain (in comparison to the build price as you get 2 grills for less monies) - i'm going to get one in the near future.

dipstic said:
looked at that but its for s line and not S3. I intend to keep the chrome surround if I decide to go for it (that or RS4 wheels lol)
thanks anyway

How do you intend on keeping the chrome surround with the black grill? - it's all 1 peice as far as I can see.

According to Audi there are different part no,s
So hopefully (if I decide to go that route) I can keep the chrome surround,if not it looks okay with the black so will have that instead.
What offset are your RS4 wheels

No S-line grill and S3 grill different. 7 verticals on S3 and 11 on S-Line.

Having removed a chrome grill from an S-line (my old sportback) and fitted a gloss black grill i can tell you its all one piece grill and surround. The only other part for the S-line was the existing number plate holder needed to be sprayed black and then fitted to the black grill.

I do not see if an S3 black grill were available that you could keep the chrome surround from original car. From my experience it certainly was all one part.

JimmyJames said:
No S-line grill and S3 grill different. 7 verticals on S3 and 11 on S-Line.

Having removed a chrome grill from an S-line (my old sportback) and fitted a gloss black grill i can tell you its all one piece grill and surround. The only other part for the S-line was the existing number plate holder needed to be sprayed black and then fitted to the black grill.

I do not see if an S3 black grill were available that you could keep the chrome surround from original car. From my experience it certainly was all one part.

Think I might forget it (might)

I just ordered mine today it's £198 + VAT

I'm going to have the surround sprayed ibis white to match the rest of the car with the centre black....like this >

308568-1.jpg

I think it'll look dapper :icon_thumright:

S3IZZO said:
I just ordered mine today it's £198 + VAT

where did you order it from may i ask? the dealer?

Mate at work has an A3 TDi sline and ordered the black S3 grille from Shrewsbury Audi, came in at just over £60, included the black centre bit (actual grille), the bit the numberplate sticks to and the shiney black surround.

sounded too cheap to me but hes just ordered another as his was stolen off his car and it was even cheaper this time £50 something as the bloke on parts gave him some discount

faq_bild_show.asp.jpg

Included everything inside the red square, included the audi rings but not the S3 badge

ash_s3 said:
Mate at work has an A3 TDi sline and ordered the black S3 grille from Shrewsbury Audi, came in at just over £60, included the black centre bit (actual grille), the bit the numberplate sticks to and the shiney black surround.

sounded too cheap to me but hes just ordered another as his was stolen off his car and it was even cheaper this time £50 something as the bloke on parts gave him some discount

Included everything inside the red square, included the audi rings but not the S3 badge

Can he get me one at that price:icon_thumright: