Centre Arm Rest questions .... please help ?

sukrw

Reaction score
Hi all,

Was thinking of retro-fitting the front arm rest and would like to know from those that already have it (and indeed anyone would has retro fitted on how easy it is ?).

Does it get in the way of the handbrake operation when crawling through traffic - hill starts ? Don't mind on the end of the run and pull on the handbrake but does it get messy when in traffic/hill starting all the time ?

Does the one from Vag-Parts have a storage compartment inside it ? flip top lid type thing ?

Hope you can advise ....

Many thanks.

It came ready fitted to mine. I can't say it gets in the way of the handbrake, although my forearm does gently contact the front of it in use. I tend to drive around in town with it up and down on the open road. It does have a flip-top lid and is a very useful storage container.

Hey mate - I retro fitted mine and was an easy enough job

Yes it does get in the way of the handbrake slightly but not enough to affect the car in anyway or annoy me - frankly i love my armrest!

I have some pictures of the job being done which I can post later

They all come with storage area

I marked the area with a scalpel in the template provided, drilled four corners and used a jig saw to cut the area from the centre console

I then heated the scalpel to fine cut the areas and it was a perfect fit - pics to follow