S3 8P owners with exhausts- Need help!

DemianM

RWD sucks!
Reaction score
I am about to receive my Silver S3 next week, and have been looking at the different options for exhausts....

I mainly prefer turboback exhausts, but the milltek, combined with shipping and taxes, is a bit too much, so I think I will have a custom one made.

I know some people in the forum have had custom exhausts made....my question is, did you use 3 inch piping? Did you put a new Cat, or did you remove it? Does it throw any CEL, or did you remove the second o2 sensor warning via Remap? And finally, does the car adapt to the exhaust after remapping, or does it need a special map for exhaust?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Demian

Personally I dont get the idea of changing the standard exhaust, great sound and noise for the class of car. It will no doubt last 5 odd years and why change it for a Halfords special the Miltek one look chavtastic IMHO

All to gain 2 BHP !!

Thanks for all the positive replies! Unfortunately, I am located in South America so it is a little diffiicult for me to source an Exhaust from the UK, that is why I am going custom. My main concern has to do with the cat removal, if someone has done it please comment! I plan on going turbo back!

jonnyc said:
Try 25 :icon_thumright:

25 BHP from the exhaust alone, cant see that has this been proven on a Dyno or just the brochure figures.

A4CAB said:
Personally I dont get the idea of changing the standard exhaust, great sound and noise for the class of car. It will no doubt last 5 odd years and why change it for a Halfords special the Miltek one look chavtastic IMHO

All to gain 2 BHP !!

CJP80 said:
Ok, so the Milltek Turbo back is on and........

329PS up from 313PS. So a 16PS gain.

The astounding figure is 335lbft up from 312lbft. That's more torque than an RS4!

The engine spools up much faster and the turbo comes in about 700rpm earlier. The in gear acceleration has been transformed. I also seem to be getting better fuel economy?? This is the confusing part. I drove the car home tonight and was able to get over 30mpg on the motorway. It was fairly congested and I drove the same route at the same time I always do. I've never been able to get that kind of economy. Could the standard exhaust have been the culprit, or is my DIS kaput?

I'm still getting better fuel economy!?

mitch78 said:
Why are you selling it Jonny?

The car has now gone so just selling off the parts..

Its an awesome piece, very good quality, great sound and performance gains!

Jonny

Got a supercharged civic type r which Im going to do lots to..

Lots cheaper and more fun really..

Jonny