APR vs MTM vs REVO

drs3

Reaction score
Hi guys,
after 4000km i think its time for me to have my S3 8p remapped!!!I have already ordered a full Milltek exhaust system(non-resonated) and a Forge DV.And my question is simple: APR , REVO or MTM ?!?!?!?
I know that some of you have already remapped their cars so any suggestion is useful.......Money is not an issue, so all i care about is power and NO problems!!!

P.S:I would appreciate if our discussion concerned only the 3 companies above because here in Greece they are the most common!Also there is a possibility that i might fit a stage 3 kit after a while......

If you have money and don´t wanna have problems - go for GIAC.
Both APR, Revo and MTM use stone age technology compared to GIAC.

And stage 3 won´t be a issue. You can first purchase the stage 1 program for the original system 310hp and the dealer will show you how to load the code with the flashloader.
Then you order your Milltek Resonated Turbo Back- system.
Just buy a new program, which is adapted to the exhaust system and load it yourself with the flashloader 335hp - voila.

- Not detectable by Audi if you load the original program.
- Doesn´t affect the flashcounter, which makes it even better.
- Switch as many times as you want to between the programs.
- And! Buy a 200hp program if you´re letting your girl use the car.

There are two GIAC dealers in Greece - EC Tuning in Thessaloniki, and Robbie S.A in Athens.

Contact them and ask them what they think about GIAC vs. others.
Good luck!

Stockholm said:
Both APR, Revo and MTM use stone age technology compared to GIAC.

How is that? i dont have neither of them (i have unitronic), but why do you say that?What is the main diference?

kabuto said:
How is that? i dont have neither of them (i have unitronic), but why do you say that?What is the main diference?

The list could be made longer but i think this is enough.

MTM still solder a new chip in the box - stone age.
APR updates the flashcounter - stone age.
Revo updates the flashcounter - stone age.

These three tuners will for sure invalidate your warranty if you crasch the car or break the transmission.

Stockholm said:
The list could be made longer but i think this is enough.

MTM still solder a new chip in the box - stone age.
APR updates the flashcounter - stone age.
Revo updates the flashcounter - stone age.

These three tuners will for sure invalidate your warranty if you crasch the car or break the transmission.

MTM hasn't been a solder unit for some time now. It's a flash tune providing the mechanic has the cable (from MTM) or an ECU swap where they don't have the cable. No clue about flash counters although I can't say I've ever encountered an issue because of the flash counter.

Other than that, I'm all for GIAC - definitely the best tune on the market.

Revo do not increment / update the flashcounter.

Do you work for GIAC ?

Just curious.

sorry but what do you mean by a stage 3 kit?
do you mean a larger turbo?

GIAC for sure.. They are doing the software for the VF Engineering RS/S and RS/R kits and you even get a discount on the kit if you already have the GIAC sofware on your car..

I had GIAC and its really very good..

Jonny

I'd go for MTM. They've been in the game far longer and don't use "stone age technology". Just check google QS Tuning who are the official dealers for MTM and see what there about.

I'd like to see that list of WHY you should not goto MTM, Revo etc...

Reactions: bdubRS4
Some1 on this forum needs to be pushin 400bhp in a new S3. My cousins TT is 330bhp, hes had lots of work done to his car and the performance is quite frankly.

OUT OF THIS WORLD.

do you actually know what size the turbo is?
because there are no turbo's which are called stage 1 2 or 3:)

I'm guessing superchips/bluefin are not included in the options list due to wanting to upgrade to Stage 2/3 at a later date ?

They also no longer increment the flash counter and you have 2 maps - 1 good for 310bhp and your own OEM version which you can switch between using the hand held controller.

with the turbo kits do they sort the fueling out bigger injectors? or turn the boost up?
does anyone actually know what size turbos are?

Seems like GIAC don't do any software upgrades for 2.0TDI