1st AVS service complete on the S3, great price

A4CAB

Reaction score
Had the S3 serviced at Guildford Audi today, due to my short journeys it was serviced at 10,500. Great service from the minute it was dropped off. Collected this evening and was talked through the bill and the points, no problems to report and all 4 tyres on 4mmm helped by me changing them round at 7,000 miles. The final bill was £166 including VAT, car was washed and vacumed very well and free Audi branded Thorntons truffles too :)

My S3 is a year old on Sunday !

I have left the car on AVS as I am moving offices next week and will have a 20 mile motorway run so it will do it some good.

Only question I had was the tyre pressures have been set to 42F 38R on checking this is for the M & S setting which I believe is Mud & Snow, following a post on here a while back but not sure ?? Should I lower then to 39F 30R as per the non M & S setting.

Overall a good experience and cheaper than expected.

A4CAB said:
Only question I had was the tyre pressures have been set to 42F 38R on checking this is for the M & S setting which I believe is Mud & Snow, following a post on here a while back but not sure ?? Should I lower then to 39F 30R as per the non M & S setting.

A-ha, been trying to find out what M & S was outside the food business. The manual is rubbish that is tells you the tyre pressures are on the inside of the fuel filler cap and then does not explain what is written there.

I have been running my tyres on 42/38 on the S3 since new, I tried the 39/30 for about two weeks but though the car was more fidgety on the road than when i ran 42/38, so i went back.

Has anyone else got any thoughts on this? Would be very interested to know.

I have it on good authoroyt that the M & S is indeed Mud & Snow and too high for normal use. I agree that 39/30 seems a bit low and have found 40/32 to be the best for me.

My tyres are extra load conti sport 2s. I think the filler flap mentions using the M&S pressures for extra load tyres. I've been running the stated pressures for low occupancy driving and haven't noticed any premature tyre wear.

Nice to "see" you AS.net Paul. ;)

Good price on the service too, one local dealer is asking £280.00 for the same service!!

Hi John

Check your filler flap again mate, if you look the top line show the XL tyres without the Mud & Snow setting.

Much more S3 action on this AS.net

Ahh, but it also says M&S and EL a bit lower down. I'll post a pic if it stops raining, just in case there's a difference and yours being one of the very first cars in the UK.

Hi John

Yeah mine has about 5 settings including a couple for a different tyre size. The 2 appropriate ones for a car not full of luggaage and people has 2 setting.

225/40/18 XL 39F 30R
225/40/18 XL M & S 42F 38R

I called the dealer and they confirmed it should be set to the non M & S one but to be honest can see a massive difference on the fronts and the rears dont take too much abuse.

I have lowered them down and it feel better to me and the steering is not as light too.

Be interested in peoples different settings and views.

I use the lower setting. When I got the car it was on the higher one and I found it very bouncy on rough back roads at speed.

It seems better now..

s3mike said:
I use the lower setting. When I got the car it was on the higher one and I found it very bouncy on rough back roads at speed.

It seems better now..

Thats what I find too, much better on the lower setting less bouncy and the steering doesn't seem so light.