Front windows stuck shut - Intermittent

-Ju-

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I've had the car in the dealers this week for an unrelated problem (engine kept stalling). It turned out to be a bad earth.
Since I've had the car back, on a couple of occasions, the front 2 windows have refused to come down when the switch has been pressed. You can here a very slight movement but then nothing. Both times I was at the multistorey car park barrier and had to pull forward and open the door. The windows then worked OK when I pulled away!

Seems a strange one, but would anyone have an idea whats up?

Try a 'window reset'. With the engine running pull the button as though closing the window and keep it pressed for 3 or 4 seconds.

My one shot function to open and close the windows sometimes fails if the window sticks when moving. A reset sorts it.

iv also encountered a problem with the drivers side window. only intermitently, when i press to open it, it goes the whole way down, then refuses to go back up when pressed to go up.

after around 30 sec to min, it starts responding again. luckily it hasnt happened when its raining but im dreading it. thanks for the tip about resetting i shall investigate further

i was going to visit the dealer but as its intermittent, these types of problems can turn out to be a real pain

Thanks daveyjp, I'll give that a go

Julian