Build Week Confirmed!!

N8

Kowalski Details
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I spoke to my salesman at Lancaster Audi yesterday and he had the car had been confirmed for the last week of January. So the car should be built by mid-late feb, so I'm gonna hold out and register it as a March '08'.

Finally, can you believe I ordered my A3 on 25th April 2007 and it will arrive February 2008?! My girlfriend is well ******, but I just think :tocktock: All good things come to those who wait ;)

Not long left now....

Are you Joking you are waiting 10/11 months for your A3, I think something has gone a bit wrong somewhere!! Even bentley are Knocking new GT's out in 9 months built to order!

I know! Tell me about it. But its all good, as we are nearly there, I have almost bought all my mods ready to slap on straight away!

Has any reason been given for the delay? I ordered on 17 March 2007 and took delivery on 28 June 2007.

If it's confirmed for last week in Jan it will be built in the week stated. Mine only took 5 days from leaving the production line to arriving at the showroom. If your dealer is as cramped for space as mine is the last thing they want is it hanging around their compound for a few weeks.

He said because its been so long, they'll let me register it as an 08. I don't actually know why its taken so long, but the guy told me before I ordered they were delayed due to new factory being built in Belgium? Who knows. Davey how many weeks does it actually take to build the car? Is it different because of options etc?

Thanks

From being sheet steel to leaving as a completed car takes about 24 hours - weeks don't enter into it. Of course this doesn't include the time to get all the parts to the factory, which could be part of your delay. A build week won't be given until they know all the parts will be available.

My first A3 140 was delayed as the engine had just been introduced to a lot of other VAG cars so demand for it was very high.

N8KOW said:
Finally, can you believe I ordered my A3 on 25th April 2007 and it will arrive February 2008?! My girlfriend is well ******, but I just think :tocktock: All good things come to those who wait ;)

Not long left now....

I think somebody is pulling your leg - there's no way an Audi A3 would take this long unless they had used up their build slots well in advance. I thought mine took sometime to arrive but April 07 to March 08 - I just can't believe this.

I would be asking some questions of the dealer and getting some freebies thrown in.

Markm49 said:
I would be asking some questions of the dealer and getting some freebies thrown in.

Good Luck !! A little on the tight side them lot at Warrington, got a free can of De-Icer and a scraper with my 30k S3. Whoopee!!.Hasn't been cold enough to even use it yet. Probably even tighter now they have a nice new posh showroom.

Does seem a long wait for your car though, they hand build R8's quicker then that.

Mark

I ordered my car at the beginning of October 2006 and it arrived with the dealer in mid December 2006. My previous A3 was about 10-12 weeks too.

Can't understand how it would take over a year to get hold of one. The only thing I can think of is that your dealer sold out his entire year's allocation at the start of the year and had no more build slots available. I'd have tried another dealer.

The other reason would be that an option you ordered was out of stock - but even that would be unlikely to hold it up for a year. You didn't order something crazy like crocodile skin seats or something off the exclusive pack did you?

Hi Nathan - that is a massive waiting time - you'll probably have sourced another A3 in bits by then :).

lol - I know. But it's alll good. You're spec is similar to mine, pics this weekend?? Going out in beddie's remapped 140 tomorrow, so I'll let you know.

The current rumor is:
A3 5 door (sportback) is built in Belgium and has long waiting list.
A3 3 door has no waiting list and being built in Ingolstadt :)

well N8KOW, your a patient man, And they say patience is a virtue, but there are limits. however if your willing to wait its all good like u said, atleast uv got all the mods ready to install.

Looks like the dealership is propping up its accounts for the end of the financial year to me