My Christmas Pressent to myself arrived Yesterday

Gti Jazz Blue

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
3 door ali trim kit to get rid of the piano black which is a PITA to keep looking good.

Also a couple of trim bits that got damaged.

So I'll be busy this weekend.

Any tips from anyone or pitfalls to watch out for changing the trim over ?

Paul

the trim on the doors and gear surround is easy to change over - just grab and edge and pull carefully

as for the ash tray - if you have it - it can be a bit of a nightmare

I had to use 2 screwdrivers to pry the piano key off it - i then made a mistake of putting the new trim on wrongly - the clips didnt allign - so I had to take it off again but scratched it in the process :(

overall its an easy job, shouldnt take longer than 30mins absolute max!

marriedblonde said:
My present to myself was 2 new Bridgestone's for the rear of my car :)

That'll be cause your right foot is a bit heavy :weight_lift2:

I'm hoping that my Xmas Bonus will be big enough for a nice new set of Ultra Leggera Boots. Currently waiting on feedback from the Accountants.

marriedblonde said:
mine will be late for Christmas...... earlky January A3 Sportback 2.0TDi Brilliant Red!!!!!!!:blow::sex:

Gti Jazz Blue said:
That'll be cause your right foot is a bit heavy :weight_lift2:

I'm hoping that my Xmas Bonus will be big enough for a nice new set of Ultra Leggera Boots. Currently waiting on feedback from the Accountants.

LOL...possibly :)

So you decided on a new set of rims in the end?

Gone are the days of a christmas bonus for me :( although I do have a dividend due at the end of Jan.

marriedblonde said:
LOL...possibly :)

So you decided on a new set of rims in the end?

Gone are the days of a christmas bonus for me :( although I do have a dividend due at the end of Jan.

He he no possible about it mate :respekt:

Yes I've decided that I want to lower the unsprung weight and improove the MPG, dynamics and Performance. RS4 reps are too heavy :crying:

Great the Accountants have given the go-ahead so just need to wait for it to hit my bank and then get some prices.

Paul

marriedblonde said:

I know I can't directly equate my D3 to your car, but what size are they, what did they cost and how long did the previous ones last?
I don't fancy fannying around in the D3, but I don't fancy chucking an invoice into accounts for 19" 265/30 tyres every 6 months either!

Hiya Bowfer,

They are 255/35/18's and I've got about 10 maybe 11K out out of them. They wheren't at the legal limit I reckon there was still about 3mm of tread left but I had a nail in one of them. The pair where just shy off £300 but that was for the latest RE050's. The F1's are £20 a tyre cheaper...

That is with pretty spirited driving though and with the traction control off a lot of the time. The novelty of RWD still hasn't worn off yet...

J.

D3's are made for the motorway bowfer so you'll get a good 40k out of yours!