Bluetooth Gremlins

trims

Reaction score
My Nokia Series 40 phone (Nokia 6300) has hooked up faultlessly to my Audi Bluetooth phone prep - up until now.

When I start the car the phone hooks up via Bluetooth for a few seconds, then disconnects. A minute or so later it hooks up again for a few seconds, then disconnects. Repeat . . . . :think:

Has anyone here had the same experience? What's the remedy?

I've reset to factory settings, restablished the Bluetooth connection, and I'm now waiting to see if the phonebook will reload - but that does seem to take an age via Bluetooth (I don't have a cradle). I'll let you know if this reset works, eventually.

I've searched the forums and haven't come across this problem before: please bear with me if this has been posted previously.

Any offers??

Mine plays up as well. When I get into the car it pairs up fine, but when I try to make a call it disconnects the bluetooth and then re-connects after about a minute. Once it does this it will make all subsequent calls without any problems. Weird! My phone is a Sony Ericsson W880i. Bit of a pain but i can live with it I guess.

I had exactly the same problem with my 07 A6 Sline Avant (Black of course) Nokia 6280 engaged then dropped out, Vodafone sent new Sim card which cured the problem for a while, but rubbish phone. Have now resorted to old 6230 which is fine until I can have a new phone in January 08. Any tips are the 6500 (Black non slding) any good?

Cheers

Rick

I had the same problem with a Nokia N70.

It's caused by the rubbish Bluetooth software stack that Nokia use.

Been 100% reliable with both a SonyEricsson K610i and my current HTC TyTN II.

I have the nokia 6300 also and suffer intermittent disconnecting, I too am going to revert to my old phone so that I can get a cradle and bypass bluetooth as it gets on my nerves with its 'binging' & 'bonging'.

The handsfree set up is great in the Audi just a shame no up to date cradles are available :(

The reset did work - eventually. The phonebook takes an age to load via Bluetooth, but the system seems to be able to do it in several 'sittings'. Will now wait to see how long it is before I get the binging and bonging again . . . . .

There can be two fault, poss the phone firmwire might need updating or the car phone ecu might need a software update.You can get a lst of phones which Audi have tested and firmwire test on there web site.....

donvas said:
There can be two fault, poss the phone firmwire might need updating or the car phone ecu might need a software update.You can get a lst of phones which Audi have tested and firmwire test on there web site.....

Many thanks. My Bluetooth stack has gone t**s up again. Bing bong.

Checking out the Nokia forums reveals this is not an uncommon problem with Nokias. The fix requires a firmware upgrade from my current v 4.71 to v 5 or higher (current version = v 5.50). Requires a cable, which is now on order. Will let you know if this works: I guess there are plenty of members out there with Nokias.

NB I don't think this fixes the Symbian (N series) phones.

If this doesn't work I guess I'll be getting a Sony Ericsson next . . .

donvas said:

Link anyone?

Updated the Nokia 6300 firmware. Not for the faint-hearted. No better.

Tried the RNS-E / Bluetooth with a Nokia 6310i and Sony Ericsson W810i. Checked compatibility on Audi's german web site:

http://www.audi.de/etc/medialib/cms4imp/audi2/reports.Par.0094.File.pdf

Still no better - same fault - constantly dropping Bluetooth connection.

Asked dealer to check it out whilst in for another job - turns out the Bluetooth ECU may be faulty. Spare part has to be ordered from the Fatherland, so 3 week wait. :crying:

trims said:
Many thanks. My Bluetooth stack has gone t**s up again. Bing bong.

Checking out the Nokia forums reveals this is not an uncommon problem with Nokias. The fix requires a firmware upgrade from my current v 4.71 to v 5 or higher (current version = v 5.50). Requires a cable, which is now on order. Will let you know if this works: I guess there are plenty of members out there with Nokias.

NB I don't think this fixes the Symbian (N series) phones.

If this doesn't work I guess I'll be getting a Sony Ericsson next . . .

Maybe too late but you don't need a special cable, just use a normal mini usb cable, download the Nokia software updater program from Nokia.com and bob's yer mothers brother etc

works on all recent Nokia's

I had the dropping out problem with numerous Sony Ericssons a while back.

I can't quite remember the exact solution, but beleive it or not, it was to do with the received/made caller history in the phone.

Next time you hook up and it disconnects, try clearing the call history of all made/recieved/missed calls. Then re-connect and see what happens......

I'll have a trawl through some old threads and see if I can find the solution.

I had the same problem with the same phone not in my own car (05) but in another A3 (07) that I drive from time to time. I carried out the latest software update on my phone with Nokia and it fixed it. The only difference between my car and the other was mine doesn't have a multi function steering wheel.

C_Audiboy said:
I had the dropping out problem with numerous Sony Ericssons a while back.

I can't quite remember the exact solution, but beleive it or not, it was to do with the received/made caller history in the phone.

Next time you hook up and it disconnects, try clearing the call history of all made/recieved/missed calls. Then re-connect and see what happens......

I'll have a trawl through some old threads and see if I can find the solution.

Thanks.

I had already tried deleting the caller history from the Nokia 6300, but it made no difference.

The Sony Ericsson W810i I tried was my daughter's Xmas present - which had a blank caller history and only 4 names in the address book. No joy.

PS Thanks bacardi - you're right - a normal USB cable should do the trick for upgrading the 6300.