JMB RetrofitsVolks Autos
    1st Gear

Status

Question 170 TDI front discs and pad upgrade?

Hi Guys,

could anyone point me in the right direction for the above please?

2007 s line 170 tdi.

love it - but think the brakes could do with a touch more bite.

dont wanna go crazy and start messing around with calipars etc. just simple replacement drilled/grooved and uprated pads.

and also - names of website/companies that can supply. (had a look on google, but cant seem to find much for the 170, which i think has larger discs than the 140)

thanks for you help

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    In all seriousness, if you think they are lacking bite go get them checked out.

The brakes on mine are absolutely superb and far better than any of my other cars on and even better than my old WRX. The lightest pressure on my A3's brake pedal and the cars really pulls up, press a little harder and I'm nearly through the screen. The biggest problem I had when getting used to the car was learning to use the brake pedal lightly such is the bite on them.

I found 'Red Stuff' pads a great upgrade on my Impreza with really good initial bite (even when cold), no fade when abused and far less dust, the only trade off was increased pad wear rates compared with standard pads. Not sure if they do pads for an A3 tho.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by coupe-se
    In all seriousness, if you think they are lacking bite go get them checked out.

The brakes on mine are absolutely superb and far better than any of my other cars on and even better than my old WRX. The lightest pressure on my A3's brake pedal and the cars really pulls up, press a little harder and I'm nearly through the screen. The biggest problem I had when getting used to the car was learning to use the brake pedal lightly such is the bite on them.
    I must agree - the brakes are really excellent at pulling the car up quickly - mine bite very strongly.

Not sure if you are experiencing fade after a particularly hard drive or whether you are finding the brakes lacking when just driving around generally ?
    Audi A3 Sportback SE 2.0 TDI 170 - Lava Grey, Rear parking sensors, Symphony II+, Aluminium Trim

Reverse Gear

Status
    i have the same sort of problem, not as much bite as there used to be, but i think its because the brakes just need bleeding, im sure that will cure it. ive only done 7000 miles.

5th Gear

Status
    Well are BlackDiamond or EBC brakes any good? Which is better?
    Audi A3 (8P) 2.0TDI SE .:. Ebony Black, Sports Suspension, Vienna Beige Sports Leather Seats, Concert II & BOSE, 6 CD-Changer, Xenons, Acoustic Parking Sensors & All The Packs .:.

Gone but not forgotten