Armrest - Some times stays put, sometimes not.

BennyB0Y

Resident Energy Source
Reaction score
It drives me crazy sometimes. I get in the car, start it up, and whatever ratchet gizmo that allows the armrest to lock in place works sometimes, and other times it doesn't. Does anyone know the secret or knack to making the armrest lock in the position you want everytime?
:unsure:

Make sure you are on a flat surface when you try and lock it in the slightly raised position. Mine won't lock if I try and do it on my inclined drive.

On mine you have to raise the armrest full to the upright position then lower down fully, then as you start raising again it locks in position, mine wont lock on the lowest position, it has to be up slightly so the rest is nearly level.

stan said:
On mine you have to raise the armrest full to the upright position then lower down fully, then as you start raising again it locks in position, mine wont lock on the lowest position, it has to be up slightly so the rest is nearly level.

same as me

make sure your handbrake is down as a design fault shows that it can hit the arm rest thus changing the lock mechanism

stan said:

Thats the way to do it.

stan said:

Cheers. That should do it.
:)