Chris NottJMB Retrofits
    The Black Phantom

Status

Armrest - Some times stays put, sometimes not.

It drives me crazy sometimes. I get in the car, start it up, and whatever ratchet gizmo that allows the armrest to lock in place works sometimes, and other times it doesn't. Does anyone know the secret or knack to making the armrest lock in the position you want everytime?
    Audi A4 2.0 TDI (140 PS) SE Avant, Parking Sensors, 17" OEM Alloys, Cruise Control, GSM Mobile Prep in Armrest

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Make sure you are on a flat surface when you try and lock it in the slightly raised position. Mine won't lock if I try and do it on my inclined drive.

1st Gear

Status
    On mine you have to raise the armrest full to the upright position then lower down fully, then as you start raising again it locks in position, mine wont lock on the lowest position, it has to be up slightly so the rest is nearly level.
    S-Line

Couped Out

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by stan
    On mine you have to raise the armrest full to the upright position then lower down fully, then as you start raising again it locks in position, mine wont lock on the lowest position, it has to be up slightly so the rest is nearly level.

same as me

make sure your handbrake is down as a design fault shows that it can hit the arm rest thus changing the lock mechanism
    DID have...
    2004 Audi A3 3.2 V6 Quattro
    Metallic Black with full Red Nappa Leather
    Full Votex Audi Factory Fitted Body Kit
    most extras.....

NOW have...
    2007 Audi A5 Sport 3.0TDI Quattro
    Phantom Black with full Black Milano leather
    Big 19's
    almost every extra possible!

6th Gear

Status
    Thats the way to do it.
    2007 Sportback S Line Tdi 170 Avus,Bose,Multi function steering wheel, Electric Lumbar support,Front centre armrest,
    Storage pack,Through load system,Folding mirrors,Non smoking pack

2009 BMW K1300S, ABS, ASC,OBC, heated grips

The Black Phantom

Status
    Cheers. That should do it.
    Audi A4 2.0 TDI (140 PS) SE Avant, Parking Sensors, 17" OEM Alloys, Cruise Control, GSM Mobile Prep in Armrest