MFSW and RNS-E 2007

GeoffT

Reaction score
As I have posted elsewhere, I have just ordered an RNS-E to replaced my Symphony II+.

With regard to the shortcomings of the MFSW in relation to how it works with the Symphony, can anyone with a 2007 with RNS-E & MFSW tell me if the MFSW functionality is any better?

Am I right in saying that, although there is still no mute facility, at least the left roller will scroll through the preset radio stations in Tuner mode? I also presume that if you are in MP3 list mode for tracks on an SD card that the left roller scrolls through them up and down, or am I in for more disappointment?!

GeoffT said:
Am I right in saying that, although there is still no mute facility, at least the left roller will scroll through the preset radio stations in Tuner mode?

Yes, or it scrolls through the list when in FM preset mode. If you press the left hand roller it starts to search for stations.

GeoffT said:
I also presume that if you are in MP3 list mode for tracks on an SD card that the left roller scrolls through them up and down, or am I in for more disappointment?!

Yes. But if you want to move out of a folder into another one, you have to use the RNSe (I think!)

John

Do you or anyone know the coding to enter in vag com to tell the car you have changed from a normal steering wheel to a multi function one??

Just awaiting a parcel from germany........

JamS3 said:
John

Do you or anyone know the coding to enter in vag com to tell the car you have changed from a normal steering wheel to a multi function one??

Just awaiting a parcel from germany........

Oh are you now..... ;) I wonder what that could be???

Take a look at opendb.org for the coding.

If it doesn't work, I'll scan mine and let you kow what it s set to.

Cheers John

Yes its a TT s-line FBMFSW with airbag on its way, just need to buy the plastic part at the bottom of the wheel from the dealer to replace the s-line badge to a S3 one and I'll have the exact same wheel the idiot didn't spec when initially ordering mine!

Iv'e been assured the TT stuff will fit with no problems to the S3 but just noticed your posts on another thread that 2 part numbers exist for the FBW now.....

Hope it does....

They weren't part numbers, they were ebay item numbers. If the part number starts with 8J0 it's a mark 2 TT part.

One of the items lists part numbers as 8JO 419 091 C and 8JO 880 201 J 6PS. I'm not sure which number is the wheel, but this was a tiptronic version.

Hope this helps.

Cheers John

I have noticed 2 versions of the wheel on the TT so this should be the 2 different part numbers.

One wheel is the same as the S3 one just with a S-Line badge on the bottom with multifunctions. The other is a flat bottom one without the multifunction controls.

Hope mine fits now!