Chris NottJMB Retrofits
    Sylar

Status

Cool Multi-Function Steering Wheel Retrofit to Audi A3

Hi Ladies & Gents

Im looking to fit an MFSW to my A3, currently its just a normal SW. is ths possible, is the airbag the same in both of them ??

Thanks
    Fez ----Audi A3 SE 2.0TDi --- MOBILE OFFICE ---

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    There are several versions of the MFSW and airbag so a direct swap cannot be guaranteed. If you order a wheel from a dealer then obviously they can order the correct wheel with the Multi-function. If you are buying from eBay / secondhand then you need to be careful.

You may also need a new steering wheel control module ( you may already have the correct one if you have RNS-e and/or Cruise factory fitted) and you will also need the lead for the buttons on the new wheel.(unless you have DSG then you will already have the cable).

I actually just noticed you signature. As you have Cruise then you should already have the module. You will obviously also need access to VAG-COM to do the necessary coding.

There really are load and loads of part numbers listed for the wheel so I would get the correct part number for a dealer and then keep an eye out on eBay as the come up quite often (especially on German eBay, which is where I got mine).

Hope that helps.
    I'm an optimist but I don't think it helps much.

A3 8P 2.0TDi S-Line Sportback DSG

6th Gear

Status
    There's two flat bottomed wheels on now. Item numbers 300178563111 & 200180384281 both with airbags.

Sylar

Status
    cheers guys,

john iv checked those 2 items, 1 of them from austria (S-Line), and the otherwise is from germany but it is dsg (paddles). so i dont they r the correct versio steering wheel for my car.. is there anyway i can check which steering wheel will fit my car?? apart from using vag com, as i dont have access to it personally

Sylar

Status
    john mate iv just read your signature and iv got a few questions for u ,

did u get the flat tyre indicator as standard on your car???? can this be fitted to cars which dont have it?? and, does electric lumbar mean electric seats??

Sylar

Status
    OMG iv just proof read my posts, and i think its about time i started to do that more often. im typing words with letters missing and even wrong words altogether, sorry if u guys find it hard understanding what im sayin..

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by fesss_84
    cheers guys,

john iv checked those 2 items, 1 of them from austria (S-Line), and the otherwise is from germany but it is dsg (paddles). so i dont they r the correct versio steering wheel for my car.. is there anyway i can check which steering wheel will fit my car?? apart from using vag com, as i dont have access to it personally
    I'd double check with the dealer parts dept just to be sure.

Sylar

Status
    john do u work for audi by any chance???? because iv recently fitted some new bulbs into my car headlights, but i cant get them straight....iv got abit of a heavy hand, and i dont want to fiddle with it because ill end up forcing it and breaking the clips like i did my old car.

i also contacted Phil, he was sound. im abit broke for cash because of the x-mas season but next pay day my cars going straight to him for upgrades.

john where about in yorkshire are u from???? yorkshire is a HUGGGGE area, i gather your from around teesside

6th Gear

Status
    john mate iv just read your signature and iv got a few questions for u ,

did u get the flat tyre indicator as standard on your car???? can this be fitted to cars which dont have it?? and, does electric lumbar mean electric seats??
    The flat tyre indicator was factory fitted, I think it was 45 so I thought why not!! It can indeed be retrofitted

Electric seats? I wish, it's just the lumbar support at the base of the seat which goes up/down/in and out.

6th Gear

Status
    john do u work for audi by any chance???? because iv recently fitted some new bulbs into my car headlights, but i cant get them straight....iv got abit of a heavy hand, and i dont want to fiddle with it because ill end up forcing it and breaking the clips like i did my old car.

i also contacted Phil, he was sound. im abit broke for cash because of the x-mas season but next pay day my cars going straight to him for upgrades.

john where about in yorkshire are u from???? yorkshire is a HUGGGGE area, i gather your from around teesside
    Work for Audi, no not me. Never had the headlight bulbs out so I can't help you there. I think you might have me confused with JamS3 (Jamie) who is from Teeside.