0 – 62 in 5.4 seconds
Top speed 155 MPH
6 Speed S-Tronic
Magnetic ride as Standard
2 tone leather as standard
18” alloys as standard
LEDs as standard
Short shift gear box as standard

There is also reproduced an internal Audi document confirming forthcoming models for 2008 and launch dates; for the full thread see:

http://www.tyresmoke.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/1,2,12,15,22,25,26,27,3/Number/1224208/an/0/page/0/gonew/1#UNREAD

Anyone tempted to chip in their S3 for one? I am.

I'm very tempted to change my order! I mean seriously.

I would've got a TT but wanted quattro but not the V6

staz1000 said:
I'm very tempted to change my order! I mean seriously.

I would've got a TT but wanted quattro but not the V6
...plus you've got the option of an S-Tronic 'box as well!

Makes it even more tempting for me.:)

Very interesting there putting a s-tronic box as an option, maybe Audi are begining to realise that the customer does need a choice.

My TT 2.0T will be changed for the TTS S-Tronic. Will be cool having 2 S cars. Only problem would be that my wife drives the TT daily. It will be a bit embarrasing that her car will kick the S3's butt.

ved789 said:
My TT 2.0T will be changed for the TTS S-Tronic. Will be cool having 2 S cars. Only problem would be that my wife drives the TT daily. It will be a bit embarrasing that her car will kick the S3's butt.

Not if you chip yours and not hers!

I was thinking last night whether I should change my order or not but then I remembered I could get a Nissan GTR for less and it'd be a better car. So I'm sticking with the S3.

NO as not a fan of the looks on the TT.
Sensible move by Audi using the 2.0 TSFI engine - should still make it in Band F for emmisions

Richard

bowfer said:
Starting at £33k...
LOL!

I take it you're refering to my GTR comment there?

The GTR is going on sale for £33k in Japan. I think the TT-S will be more than that anyway, plus I'd probably need more extras with it. Nissans generally come with more gear as standard.

staz1000 said:
I take it you're refering to my GTR comment there?

The GTR is going on sale for £33k in Japan. I think the TT-S will be more than that anyway, plus I'd probably need more extras with it. Nissans generally come with more gear as standard.

No, the TT starting at £33k is funny.
£33k for a GTR sounds fair enough to me.

UK price of the GTR will be 50k + according to the magazines..

I'm guessing an import after VAT, import costs etc will be over 40k.

I want one though!

bowfer said:
No, the TT starting at £33k is funny.
£33k for a GTR sounds fair enough to me.

Aha ok cool.

I reckon it'd cost me an extra £3-4k for a TT-S over my current order. Just don't think I can justify spending that much extra for not much extra.

Depends what you want hey? A fashionable car that even women recognise (no offense the the women on here as they're pretty clued up) or a stealthy beast that most people will just think is a nice looking A3. I'm amazed that so many people I meet have never heard of the S3.

I know the S3 is subtle but I think it is known amongst car enthusiasts.

I went to Rally GB on Sat and noticed loads of people looking at my car and several walking past when parked muttering to their friends that it was the "new S3".

Mind you it did stand out as every other car was a Subaru, Mitsubishi or Ford!

Audi should get back into the WRC - surely the S3 would make a good platform with 4wd, 2.0 Turbo and fairly short wheelbase!!

Spook said:
I saw the following info on the forthcoming TTS on TSN:

Centre launch May / June
Debut in Detroit Motor Show in January
Ordering opens 14th January 2008
Starting Price £33,000 on the road
2.0 T FSI Quattro, 272 BHP
0 – 62 in 5.4 seconds
Top speed 155 MPH
6 Speed S-Tronic
Magnetic ride as Standard
2 tone leather as standard
18” alloys as standard
LEDs as standard
Short shift gear box as standard

There is also reproduced an internal Audi document confirming forthcoming models for 2008 and launch dates; for the full thread see:

http://www.tyresmoke.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/1,2,12,15,22,25,26,27,3/Number/1224208/an/0/page/0/gonew/1#UNREAD

Cool! If that´s true - it will be the first Audi with 2.0T transverse engine, DSG _AND_ Quattro in combination.

Spook said:

Not me, the TT isn't practical enough. Try to put two suitcases in it and you'll see. ;)

s3mike said:
I know the S3 is subtle but I think it is known amongst car enthusiasts.

I went to Rally GB on Sat and noticed loads of people looking at my car and several walking past when parked muttering to their friends that it was the "new S3".

Mind you it did stand out as every other car was a Subaru, Mitsubishi or Ford!

Audi should get back into the WRC - surely the S3 would make a good platform with 4wd, 2.0 Turbo and fairly short wheelbase!!

I went too :) the number of scoobies was ridiculous! I felt a bit out of place in the S3!

To be honest, I only like the new TT is white. The S3 is 0-60 - 5.6 as standard, a remap and its 300bhp/310ft-lb, so much tuning potential. I'd rather have an S3 and take it to 400bhp, with new turbo, internals, brakes, intercooler, haldex, coilovers etc

:think: She already has the practical 5 door car (1.9TDI sportback) ;) :yes:

I had a test drive of the new TT before i bought the S3. I like the shape but at a smidge over six feet i need to be a contorsionist to get in and out with the sloping rear hatch. I seriously had to do some neck bending to get in and out, might not bother some but would start to get annoying to me after a while. As much as the new TT is bigger it's still a tad too smal IMHO. Nine bhp more (depending on whose figures you believe) and 0.3 of a second 0 to 62 faster than a stock S3 aren't wow figures in my book for changing. That said, it's going to be smile per mile ride and price permitting probably a very good seller.