A3 170 quattro service intervals?

g4vjc

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I'm new to this so apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere. I recently traded in my 54reg 3door 140 2.0tdi sport for a 07reg 5 door 170 quattro s-line.

My cars now done 3100 miles and i checked the service due interval today and was shocked to see it was due in 6000miles or 452days!! I was expecting to see something along the lines of due in 15000miles (e.g around 18000miles) as was the case on my old car on longlife service.

Does anyone know if service intervals are shorter on the 170 or does the quattro make a difference? I need to ask the dealer but would appreciate any advice in the meantime.

Cheers

??

my 170 (dsg) has 11,000 miles and is showing service due in 7,500 miles!!

My 170 has now completed 12,200 miles and the service indicator is showing a service will be due in 6,400 miles. This gives a total of 18,600 miles before the first service which is about the same interval as I got with the previous 140 TDI.

My TDi 170 has just had its 1st service at 18700 miles.

I'm not exactly gentle with the right foot and the mileage split is 70% motorway 30% urban driving. Iv'e topped up with 1.5litres of oil in that time.

My 170 has done 6000 and is showing 13,000 to service. Your car may have done lots of short journeys prior to you taking delivery which reduces the mileage.

Thanks for the replies guys. I realise my car has probably done short journeys as its only covered 3000 miles in 6 months however the due service date still seems very close!! MPG is also pretty rubbish at the moment, I do a mix of town and motorway driving and am only getting circa 32MPG.

I like the power of the 170 and the quattro grip is awesome but I was very close to buying a golf edition 30 (in white with a nice spec) and am starting to think this may have been the better option overall in terms of performance against running costs/economy. Can any 170 quattro drivers who've done a few more miles than me give any input on this to reassure me that the economy will improve?

You will probably find that the actual mileage to service will increase as you continue to drive the car. However, if you are just doing short journeys though and your TDI is correct, surely a Golf 30 would be worse? You will find you're returning nearer 25 MPG (or less) on a TFSI on short journeys...!

My 170 is currently doing mid to low 30s on my commute - 7 miles which at this time of year takes at least half an hour. Lots of standing traffic, pre heater and lots of electrical items on. During the summer it did nearer 40mpg on the same journey.

As for your comment re the Golf I had a Focus 1.8 and this did mid to low 20s in winter urban traffic. A review I read of the 2.0T A3 saw an average of 24 mpg and this was put down to the tester covering a lot of urban miles.

On a decent motorway run mine will do 50 mpg - 6,500 miles covered.