Ford Puma Detailed (A3 to be done next!)

Sussex A3 3.2 Quattro

Reaction score
I know its not an Audi but gave the girlfirends car a valet/detail last weekend due to it now being for sale and took some pics. My A3 will be getting the treatment when the rain stops.

Wheels and arches foamed with Snowfoam and Zymöl shampoo.
Wheels cleaned with Meguiars.
Car foamed with Snowfoam and Zymöl shampoo using AB foam lance and Karcher.
Car was then cleaned using Zymöl shampoo using the 2 bucked method with 2 lambswool mitts and dried with a Meguiars Water Magnet.
Paintwork cleansed with P21s Gloss Enhancing Paintwork Cleanser.
Paintwork then given 2 coats of P21s Concours-look carnauba wax.
Wheels given a coat of P21s's carnauba.
Tyres where dressed with Meguiars.
Engine was dressed with Meguiars.

Bofore

Snowfoaming wheels and arches

Snowfoaming the car

Wheels and tyres wax'd and dressed

Engine Bay dressed

After

The interior has also been cleaned but cannot get pics at the moment due to its raining :(

what is snowfoam?
that is ****** clean!
shame it prob wont last that long with our weather at the moment:crying:

i bet that was a few hours work as well!!!!!!!

I'm toying with the idea of getting my D3 done by the local 'Polished Bliss' branch.
I'm just wondering if a one-off visit will make a difference though?
Will it keep the finish, if I use good products myself afterwards, or do you have to keep putting it back to Polished Bliss?
FWIW, I will be using Meguires shampoo, Meguires paint cleaner, Meguires crystal polish and finishing it off with Collinite wax.
Something I admit I'm not good at is keeping a car tar-spot free, but both our cars are black.

Full on detailing and applying a good few coats of good quality wax will make the cleaning process easier. I should be able to just foam the car now it has 2 fresh coats of wax on it and on the 2nd foam just use a mitt to clean it. This method will rule out the buckets all together and hopefully remove the chance of swirls.

With regard to detailing companies, they can offer many services. Paint correction is one service which removes microns of paint/laquer and swirls and also minor surface scratches. They can also wet sand to remove deeper scratches. It amazing to see what the pro's can do on this forum in the Studio section. WWW.DETAILINGWORLD.CO.UK. Detailing will give you good protection for the paint and the quality of the products depends on how much you want to spend. Some companies offer a service plan which for a set price involves returning to them for additional coats of wax to give you very good protection for your paint. You clean the car yourself in between details and if you use the 2 bucket and mitt method you should be fairly free of swirls.

Bowfer the Collonite wax os one i'm thinking of changing too due to the length of protection it gives compared to P21s. Which wax do you use and how have you found the product? does the beading last long?

Sussex A3 3.2 Quattro said:
Bowfer the Connolite wax os one i'm thinking of changing too due to the length of protection it gives compared to P21s. Which wax do you use and how have you found the product? does the beading last long?

I used to use the Collonite 476S, which I thought was great, but I recently switched to their Marque D'elegance 915 instead.
It's even better, although harder to buff off.
Beads for ages, even in the North east of Scotland's famously dodgy weather.
Only needs two or three applications a year, max.
The rest of the time I just wash with Meguires' shampoo and dry it with a microfibre cloth.
I'm no detailer, but I do get comments about how clean and shiny the wife's black Clio looks.

bowfer said:
I'm toying with the idea of getting my D3 done by the local 'Polished Bliss' branch.
I'm just wondering if a one-off visit will make a difference though?
Will it keep the finish, if I use good products myself afterwards, or do you have to keep putting it back to Polished Bliss?
FWIW, I will be using Meguires shampoo, Meguires paint cleaner, Meguires crystal polish and finishing it off with Collinite wax.
Something I admit I'm not good at is keeping a car tar-spot free, but both our cars are black.

Hia Bowfer.

I had my new MCS detailed by Rich when i picked it up on 1st Sept. It's still easier than normal to clean it now and all i do is wash it every 1-2 weeks. I'm booked in for it's next detail in March. I plan on giving it to them every 6 months.

Hope this helps mate.

bowfer said:
How much, Japper?
Inverurie you went to?

They're actually based in Kintore, just off the Bypass.

Cost me £200 IIRC. But mine is a small car.

This was for a full new car detail based on using Werkstatt products as the final prep.

If you want Zymol finish then there are price supplements.

Speak to Rich, i'm sure he'll quote you a price beforehand.

Top service and well worth every penny.

Japper said:
They're actually based in Kintore, just off the Bypass.

Cost me £200 IIRC. But mine is a small car.

This was for a full new car detail based on using Werkstatt products as the final prep.

If you want Zymol finish then there are price supplements.

Speak to Rich, i'm sure he'll quote you a price beforehand.

Top service and well worth every penny.

Forgot to mention though Bowfer..................they're booked up for the next 8 months, so you'll probably not going to get the new car detail.

Cheers Japper
I take it there's no time limit to getting the car done?
I may leave it until the summer.
Not much point getting it done in Jan!

Great pics of the Puma! Reminds me of my black 2001 1.7 I ran for a couple of years - fantastic cars.

benw123 said:
Great pics of the Puma! Reminds me of my black 2001 1.7 I ran for a couple of years - fantastic cars.

Loads of the engine made by Yamaha, that's why.
Certainly the low friction block was.

bowfer said:
Loads of the engine made by Yamaha, that's why.
Certainly the low friction block was.
Yes it was. The low friction coating was called nikasil as I recall, but it meant the 1.7 was lovely and smooth. Certainly felt a lot faster than the modest 123bhp would suggest, and it handled beautifully too - was Top Gear's car of the year in 1998 and EVO put it in their Best FWD car ever test too earlier this year :)