General A3 Questions for you experts

J7-AUDIA3

Reaction score
Hi

Bear with me as I'm new to this.

I've got a million and one things I want to do with my A3 2.0TDI Sport but thought I'll start off gentle.

I'm wanting to make some subtle changes, so I've had the windows tinted as I've done that with all cars.

At present I'm looking at adding some S3 parts such as Gear Knob and gaiter, pedals and front grill. Saw the Grill on Ebay for good price but having trouble sourcing Gearknob and pedals, can anyone help? And how much should I shell out?

Last but not least I'm looking to get the car chipped as mines is the 140PS. I'm liking the idea of Bluefin as I'm not wanting to void the warranty on the new car, so putting it on and taking off appeals, any views on this?

Cheers

J :hubbahubba:

I'd go the Bluefin route, if I were keeping the car.
It is quite expensive though, at £599.00.
It would save me a drive of at least 100 miles to the nearest Superchips dealer though.

Read on a thread they will give you money off Bluefin to make it £509 by quoting some refrence which I thought for the gain wasn't bad. Nice GSXR btw.

J

TDI-line said:
J, the S3 grill is smaller than the A3 grill.

Does that mean you need the S3 bumper as well???

Read a few guys are putting the S3 grill on the TDI's?

J

J7-AUDIA3 said:
Read on a thread they will give you money off Bluefin to make it £509 by quoting some refrence which I thought for the gain wasn't bad. Nice GSXR btw.

J
Hmmm - I got 10% off a couple of weeks ago by mentioning as.net and uk-mkivs.net (also need forum login name). I asked about running in and was told I can use the Bluefin remap as soon as I get the car :)

J7-AUDIA3 said:
Does that mean you need the S3 bumper as well???

Read a few guys are putting the S3 grill on the TDI's?

J

Just double check first before you buy one, i think you'll find there putting S3 grills on S3 front bumpers.

You can always get a black grill on ebay for an s-line. Like me.

TDI-line I like the black grill, what colour is your A3? Not sure how smart it would look on my Silver one.

redbutcher - My A3 had 6000+ miles on it, believe me it's run in alright lol.

J

I got my gear knob/gaitor and handbrake cover from vagparts - but check out german ebay!!

J7-AUDIA3 said:
TDI-line I like the black grill, what colour is your A3? Not sure how smart it would look on my Silver one.

J

You'll be fine then mate with the Bluefin - my car will have about 100 miles on it when it's Bluefinned - LOL.

Lol sounds good mate. I'm happy with the power and torque just now but I can only imagine what the 185BHP feels like, might not be till after chrimbo sadly but can't wait.

J

J7-AUDIA3 said:

J

Mine is normal silver, but i am not picking her up for another 2 weeks ish. And black grill won't be on straight away.

For comparison...

VehicleImage.axd-1.jpg

Thanks for the Pic, you know how long I've been looking for that pic ha ha!!

J

What does the S3 handbrake cover look like?