Calling all Audi 2.0 TDI Owners for ECU Re-map!!!!

fesss_84

Sylar
Reaction score
jus letting you all know i got my car superchrged today, from 140 brake to around 185.

Its the best modification iv ever done.

The car has improved response, better acceleration, and better handling

all in all its amazing, HIGHLY RECOMENDED!!!

What's it like in the gears? I bet 1st gear is unusable lol.

Where did you get it from, was it on the rollers or just a generic map?

fesss_84 said:
jus letting you all know i got my car superchrged today, from 140 brake to around 185.

Its the best modification iv ever done.

The car has improved response, better acceleration, and better handling

all in all its amazing, HIGHLY RECOMENDED!!!

Got to agree,

I had mine done by BlueFin several months ago now and pound for pound there is no other performance increase that will give you such a grin.

Not quite sure how you think it improved the handling though?

glad not only me picked up on that!
interesting though
has it affected mpg much??

Good to see more TDI owners opening up there performance potential

my 2.0 TDI is running a Bluefin map, and some other undesclosed moddifications bringing it to the 200hp mile stone

no rolling road proof, but with DSG you get low inacurate RR reading as the DSG box goes into free wheel on the run down.

I went side by side with a new civic type R and he couldnt increase the gap, obviously this was between 50-100 mph , off the line and top end , the civic would leave me for dead.

Nelson_Wilbury said:
Sorry to be anal. But you had your car remapped? Not Supercharged??

Nothing wrong with anal :icon_thumright:

But agree on the best money spent, 1st gear is a joke though, but every gear after that is mind bending, wouldn't be so sure and the top end statement of the Type R though, speaking from experience :whip:

mpg is up around 5mpg, got mine running at 200bhp and just over 300ft lb. Brings a smile to my face every day :cool:

anygreg said:
wouldn't be so sure and the top end statement of the Type R though, speaking from experience :whip:

:cool:

well the type R will do 150 mph,

ive had 145 mph out of my A3 but after 125 mph its breathless

I was really impressed with my little oil burner , when a civic type R couldnt get away from me, seems his 8,000 rpm was not match for my 4,000 rpm and clouds of black smoke

stevehsv868 said:
well the type R will do 150 mph,

ive had 145 mph out of my A3 but after 125 mph its breathless

I was really impressed with my little oil burner , when a civic type R couldnt get away from me, seems his 8,000 rpm was not match for my 4,000 rpm and clouds of black smoke
I did have a 2003 type R a few years back...nice enough car, brilliant handling, but it aint no german! Off the power band it was pants, had to really rev the balls of it everywhere to make it perform...one of the reasons i sold it.
Breathless after 125 mph? really? You using sixth lol's is that down to the bluefin, as mine pulls like a train? Aint knocking it, just an observation :zen:

Hiya Ladies & Gents

how can i begin,

first gear is nearly unusable, its ONLY for moving off, as soon as your in second the cars MOVES!!!! and it continues pulling even when i was hittin 120mph in 6th gear, i got abit afraid to take it higher lool when im comfortable on a nice long stretch of empty road i probably will.

Its by far the best mod one can doo, and it put a big smile on my face, sorta like when ya first pop ya cherry, the engines experiencing that with all the extra potential. The car runs alot smoother, and abit quieter as well, my friends for a Type R, GT...and he said its almost like a petrol with smoothness at high end speeds. The handling is improved thats because of performance tyres, i reccomend soft rubber compound tyres as they offer superior grip. but i must state in 2nd gear the torque is too great, i always LOSE traction. tahts with 225/45/17's.

its a generic re-map i think, it cost me £220 from bradford, i havent got rooling road proof yet, but i will be bookin my ar in for the rooling road. i can fee the difference i know its there. Its the cheapest i could find , but he did state that it boosts it to about 190 bhp not 200 (he said 200 wasnt very safe).

The only thing which slows my car down now is ME when im gear chaging) I WISH I HAD DSG!!!!! but nevermind manual will suffix.

Im looking for some performance brakes now, so i can slow down quickly when required.????? any ideas anyone??? iv seen some mintec or something like that on ebay r they goood or not???

one slight slight problem, when iv got my music low vol, and i accellerate i get a very slight humming or hissing sound comming out of the speakers....i think its interferance (electro-magnetic waves???? maybe).

its not abig problem, some woudnt class it as a problem at all...but i like to be picky and perfect. i usually have my music on decent volume, which drowns out the humming.

how do i solve this problem, should i take it bak to dealers for them to check it out??

its started ever since i got it re-mapped, hopefully i dont think the dealers can tell if the cars been re-mapped

1 more question to Stevehsv i notice u got rear anti roll bar installed, where did u get that from????, how much do they cost...?

fesss_84 said:
Its the cheapest i could find , but he did state that it boosts it to about 190 bhp not 200 (he said 200 wasnt very safe).

Should be safe upto 220-230bhp on 6 speed manual, above that looking at more mods...its the torque thats the problem on these

People talking about "200BHP non-proven and mods not disclosed"

I'm reluctant to belive with a remap and xyz unless its a new turbo, but that should push upto 220BHP and beyond. As its the weak point of the 2.0TDI.

So other "power" mods to push to this un-proven 200BHP?

hi people!

i took my car to dealers today and told him about the hissing sound i hear when i put my accellerator down, its the TURBO valve after the ECU remap, the sounds become more distinct, but i have to say it does sound kinda cool from outside.

anygreg said:
Breathless after 125 mph? really? You using sixth lol's is that down to the bluefin, as mine pulls like a train? Aint knocking it, just an observation :zen:

well as all most TDI,s the wastegate is opening at around 4,000 rpm , so you loose the turbo boost and the power, reving past 4,000 to get to the 145mph mark is nothing compared to how it got there.

I think I need 7 gears !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fesss_84 said:
1 more question to Stevehsv i notice u got rear anti roll bar installed, where did u get that from????, how much do they cost...?

I got it from Awesome GTI store, it cost £195 for the neuspeed, you can get much cheaper one but I had neuspeed 32mm race rear anti roll bar, and 25mm front a.r.b on my golf , and the quality and performance was second to none.

I fitted the rear a.r.b myself , very easy

I wouldnt recomend having a rear a.r.b fitted unless your familar with lift off oversteer, as you will probably end up going off road.

Crisis said:
People talking about "200BHP non-proven and mods not disclosed"

I'm reluctant to belive with a remap and xyz unless its a new turbo, but that should push upto 220BHP and beyond. As its the weak point of the 2.0TDI.

So other "power" mods to push to this un-proven 200BHP?

Allard and the derv doctor acheive 260hp with a larger turbo.

Allards 2.0 TDI quattro is currently running at 317 hp , and thats not a typo thats 317 hp

some 2.0 tdi's have been remapped by superchips and have a proven 195 hp just from the map.

I would love to rolling road mine , but whats the point if the DSG gives you inaccurate results ?????????

I've had my 170 remapped by Audi themselves. They told me that they got 235 out of a 170 from a re-map but because it wasnt done on the quattro, they said that it was too much torque for the car to handle so they pegged it back to 205bhp and 320lb/ft...

lil coz mate

i think they conned you, you should have told them he reason for the e-map is mre speed and if its your car/ what gives them the right to "peg it bak t 205 bhp" i wouldnt have been pleased....

i bet they didnt give you a discount did they???

sorry for the spellng mistakes ladies n gents, im a fast typer and this laptop buttons are jus about worn out, i have to start hittin them like its a 70's type writer.

BTW if anyone wants a re-map for about £230 - i can give you the number to call the guy, he did mine for me...it was the cheapest i could find.

Well they said that when they were developing the map they saw what they could get out of the engine which is where the 235bhp figure comes in. They one that they tested it on was a front wheel drive car and said that it was too much torque for it to handle. Guessing another reason to bring it back down to 205bhp had to do with component issues so guessing it was the best compramise. So they re-map every 2.0 tdi 170 to 205bhp regardless of weather its a quattro or not.

I went for a quattro so it would probably handle it quite nicely but I wouldnt fancy replacing engine parts 3 or 4 years into its life.

mines been re-mapped to around 185 - 190 BHP i think, but it may be more....i havent been on the rollers yet to get proof, but the extra power is present., i just dont know how much exactly.

if your getting 205, thats not as much as i anticipated because it was originally 170BHP, as mines a manual it was 140, so i think the boost is much more usefull. it almost brings it on par with the DSG Thats Amazing

Thats good going! Power difference would be deafinately noticable. I dont think theres that much difference mechanically from the 140 to the 170 which is why you see the bigger gains from the 140.

the guy in boro wated £45 to put my car on roolin road, i stared laughin at him and walked out.....AND you dont get a printed report, it his word you have to believe, he also didnt let me watch it get tested as they arent insured to have me in the workshop. loool con men, theres no gettin away from them/

lol well they do try! Some one will be stupid enough to go for it! I would have told him where to go in all!

I've had 4 2.0tdi's remapped to date with total BHP after remap ranging from 177, 179,183 & 197. With all 4 cars the difference was very marked from standard and certainly well worth the money. 3 of the results were verified at independant dyno's but the proof is in the drive and if enjoyable this should be the main priority. The car that achieved 197 was producing 160 as standard hence the good max figure achieved, the car did suffer slightly from torque steer under hard accelaration but boy was it fun.

I wouldn't hesitate to remap a 2.0tdi, infact I think it's a definite must do.

But who mapped them? 4 different companies or have you got around a bit in the remap tdi world?

So this is actually a remap not supercharging, there is a bit of a difference in cost and work involved between the 2....

just thought all this talk of not being able to get 200bhp
surely if you get a remap and simply turn the boost up on the turbo you can easily get 200?:idea:

bluefin remaps take it up to 185 no?
15 break is nothing if you turn the boost up so that you are running more than standard bar

or even better you could buy a hybrid and run even more!

I don't think the engine can handle 200 with just a ECU modification. It's definitely capable of it but it won't be very healthy which is probably why they leave it at a "sensible" bhp.

Now maybe some remapping companies don't tell you this and say "right, your looking at 170-180bhp" because they know that if they say you have an option of going upto 200bhp, your most likely to say "YES I WANT IT" without thinking twice.

This would ultimately screw up your engine/turbo and you'll be knocking on there door for answers regardless of the advice.

Sadly I swopped in my A3 Tdi DSG for a BMW 530D, needed bigger car and hence the BMW, however the Bluefin chip on my 2.0TDi DSG was superb and certainly worth the £500. I have it for sale in the classifieds section if anyones interested, then you can purchase a map for your own car for around £180 I think and upload or download as desired.

is bluefin one of the best remaps to get, what is it exactly (a device of some sort i would imagine), what the other leading "chips" or re-maps one can get.
Do bosch do anythig to do with it. it rings bells in my head, i always thought they were better at DIY tools.