Wierd Beep???????????

KayP

Reaction score
when i open the boot from the key phob and then close it and then press the lock button the car makes a wierd beep sound like an alarm, and the only way to stop it is to unlock th car then open the driver door and then lock it again.why is this?????????? it pees me off soooo much.

Dunno mate but i'd recommend closing the drivers door before locking it again, it cant be very secure left like that

nah man. the car is already locked. on the key phob there is a button 2 open the boot. i press it and only boot opens right. but then i close the boot and then press the lock button on the key phob. and then this continuios beep sounds. y is this?

and the only way 2 stop the sound is to unlock the car then open and close the driver door. and the lock it again. yyyyyyyyyyyyy?????

There would appear to be something wrong with it. If you unlock the boot from the keyfob shutting the boot is sufficient to lock it without needing to use the remote.

If you unlock the boot from the keyfob shutting the boot is sufficient to lock it without needing to use the remote.

Maybe you're confusing it by trying to lock it when it's already locked:) Do the indicators not flash when you shut the boot? Does sound like something's not 100% though. If you don't press the middle button, can you still open the boot?

do you have a factory alarm, or an aftermarket one?

If it is not factory, sometimes the alarms get confused when the boot is opened while the doors are locked. closing the boot then gives it some wierd error code.

try locking the doors from the remote with the boot open and you should get a similar sound if you have a non-factory alarm.

If I close the boot and press the remote button I just get the usual clunk as it tries to lock the already secured lock.