idiot who can't park

S3Daz

Reaction score
So I was in Tesco's this morning and when I got back to my car I found this, I couldn't even fit between the cars let alone open the drivers door, I had to get in the passengers side.

Maybe I should have tried to get between the cars with my key pointing towards their car!:yes: Anyway they got an abusive note on their windscreen, I wouldn't have like to be them if they came back while I was still there:asskicking:

Beware people who drive Renault's! and Tesco's carparks on Fridays!

[URL="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/Tbolt47/Carpark.jpg"][URL="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/Tbolt47/Carpark.jpg"][URL="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/Tbolt47/Carpark.jpg"][URL="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/Tbolt47/Carpark.jpg"][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL]

Still, at least it was undamaged. When I go to my local Morrisons I park at the far end of the car park and enjoy the 100m walk. Most others park as close as possible to the door and are likely to either suffer your fate or have trolleys pushed down the side of their car.

Twizzler said:
Still, at least it was undamaged. When I go to my local Morrisons I park at the far end of the car park and enjoy the 100m walk. Most others park as close as possible to the door and are likely to either suffer your fate or have trolleys pushed down the side of their car.

I was parked at the far end of the carpark and when I parked there there were no cars near me, but being Friday it filled up quickly. I think I'll do my shopping at 2 o'clock in the morning in future!

Think I would have been tempted to wait for them with my `Anti road rage stick`:aggressive: :nunu: I bet it was a Women though( waits for a bite?) I`m lucky & can go in the other halfs car:happy:

Thats just taking the ****. I'd be so angry. Inconsiderate!

Sounds Chavish but when people do that to me I spit on their window.

Especially when they park in Mother and Babies spaces and they have not got a kid.

Wes G said:
Think I would have been tempted to wait for them with my `Anti road rage stick`:aggressive: :nunu: I bet it was a Women though( waits for a bite?) I`m lucky & can go in the other halfs car:happy:

Well I wasn't gona say it....;)

john2garden said:

Especially when they park in Mother and Babies spaces and they have not got a kid.

I wouldn't park in the mother and babies spaces but I might have to start parking across two spaces just because of w*$%*ers like this!

When a work colleague of mine got back to his car at the supermarket a while back he found a woman opening her car door at the side of him with her carboard box full of groceries perched on the roof of his car. 'Excuse me, madam' he said 'Is this your box?' 'Yes, sorry' she replied, whereupon he swept it off onto the floor, got in the car and drove off.

This is why I'm one of those annoying people who others assume can't park - I always park farthest away from the store but use 2 spaces.

If I've got the little one with me its ok as the spaces are fairly large, I've been driving the wife mad for years now "..looking for a safe place to park..." especially if its raining.

I don't agree with vandalising or spitting on the offending car though - in the majority of cases the person may just be half asleep and not noticed.

2 wrongs dont make a right as they say - and I'm a saint !!

Twizzler said:
When a work colleague of mine got back to his car at the supermarket a while back he found a woman opening her car door at the side of him with her carboard box full of groceries perched on the roof of his car. 'Excuse me, madam' he said 'Is this your box?' 'Yes, sorry' she replied, whereupon he swept it off onto the floor, got in the car and drove off.
Now thats what im talking about!!!
How do u think i feel when i go to the metro centre where its full of people like this!!!!!

Online Shopping is your friend :idea:

No car park / trolley nightmares, no screaming pikey kids, etc.

I usually opt for parallel parking where available to elimininate this. most places I go to will have acres of side by side jobs, but a few parallel ones.

In the event that I can't find one, I'll put it in a side by side one, but I try to find one with a car to my right (driver's side) and an empty bay to the left. then i park as far to the left as possible in the bay so that anybody coming into the spot to the left will have to stay left too.

if i go to a spot and there's a car to my right and loads of empty ones to the left i'll take up two thirds of the bay to the right and one third of the bay to the left - that way nobody parks to the left, and if the guy on the right leaves, the next person in won't park on top of me.

Oh, and i had an incident once where I parked in the middle of a row with empty spaces both sides, came back and there were cars either side leaving about 6 inches both sides. had to crawl in through the boot. the guy on the driver's side even had the cheek to fold my mirror in so he could fit his car in.

One thing that does annoy me with parking, particularly in multi-story carparks, is drivers who, in a busy car-park, will insist in reversing into a parking space and taking a long time doing so, thus holding up everyone else. They then get out of the car and squeeze round the back to open the tail-gate or boot. If they just drove forwards into the space it would be much quicker, they could easily get to the tail-gate or boot. When they come back to the car with shopping it would be much easier to put it into the back of the car and when they leave, they would wait for a gap before reversing out and that would only delay them slightly rather than the rest of the world.

I agree... What makes it worse is when they try to squeeze down the side of cars with the trolley. i saw a woman do this one - luckily to somebody else's car - and she left a long scratch down the car that wasn't hers.

I hate this, I always park as far away as possible when I have to visit The shops in my car. I normally try to take my mums Fabia vRS to avoid damage to the Audi though:icon_thumright:

My girlfiend gives me grief about my parking,... normally just ignore her as she knows if I give in to her and park next to the front door I will be in a bad mood untill I get back to the car!

cjp2k said:
I hate this, I always park as far away as possible when I have to visit The shops in my car. I normally try to take my mums Fabia vRS to avoid damage to the Audi though:icon_thumright:

My girlfiend gives me grief about my parking,... normally just ignore her as she knows if I give in to her and park next to the front door I will be in a bad mood untill I get back to the car!
have you thought about taking the audi, dropping her to the shops, going for a spin then picking her up when she's finished?

at least that way there'd be no bad moods, and you wouldn't have to drive the skoda.

Yes i'm the same, its one of my pet hates.

I park at the farthest corner and take 2 spaces, near enough have to get a taxi to the shop. lol

But it does save the idiots opening the doors on your pride and joy that you have bought with your hard earned cash!!!

Thats why I park in the furthest corner of the super market over 2 spots!

S3Daz said:

Last time somebody did that to me....I left them a note saying.

'Did you get your driving licence in a Kinder Egg' ????????

Was once parked in McDonalds carpark and was standing by the car chatting to someone when a bloke, with wife and 2 kids in tow, decided to throw open his car door into the side of my A3. Left a huge long line on my door (luckily it must have been T-Cut residue or something)....I stormed over to my car to have a go at this idiot :asskicking: when he hastily reversed out and drove off!

See, it's not just women! He was driving a Peugeot...say no more.....

ive never parked my s4 on a carpark and never will. i'd rather park it on double yellows. i think im as likely to get a ticket as get a dent. i'd rather have the ticket. missus goes mad but i just tell her every time i have to spend money on a dent its money im not buying her presents with!

DSC003481.jpg

my mates TT :laugh: he gave up waiting for the occupant (the previous car which parked like this had both mirrors kicked off and the aerial was bent!)
I always park in the pick-up point because I am picking up (stuff from the store)

voorhees said:
[URL="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y89/vrsexy/DSC003481.jpg"][/URL]
my mates TT :laugh: he gave up waiting for the occupant (the previous car which parked like this had both mirrors kicked off and the aerial was bent!)
I always park in the pick-up point because I am picking up (stuff from the store)

I did think about going back in the supermarket and get security to call out the reg on the PA because I couldn't get in my car, then I could have a go at them, but I felt like I would be wasting my time.

john2garden said:

In preperation to getting a flaming session started....considering the nature of this thread, what are peoples views with parking in the parent and child bays?

By the way...hello to all out there in Audi Sport land, been an avid reader for some time now...just that this topic really gets my back up, having experienced the nice v shaped dent in my doors!!

My wife also parks our Audi right at the back of the car park, a month or so ago she was walking back to the car getting more annoyed because someone had parked a Land cruiser about a foot away from our car when there were spaces everywhere.

When she got to the car the Land cruiser owner ( male about 35) appeared at the gap in between the cars with..........wait for it, High heels, Denim mini skirt with hairy legs and a funny smile, she said it didn't suit him............

wow i cant believe that so many of you are so stuck up that you park across 2 bays... wth?
now don't get me wrong, i hate people that can't park as much as everyone else here but its you people who really need to look in the mirror.

Whats wrong with taking care of something you have spent a lot of money on, and making sure its not damaged by other people?

Maybe you'd happily put a dent in my car and think nothing of it

consilio said:
Whats wrong with taking care of something you have spent a lot of money on, and making sure its not damaged by other people?

Maybe you'd happily put a dent in my car and think nothing of it

Spot on! Nothing wrong in having pride in your car and parking safe :icon_thumright:

Having just had come back to our 2 month old A3 in a hospital car park to find the rear lens cracked and a small (very small fortunately) scratch on the paintwork, I can totally sympathise with all who park miles away from other cars.

However, surely a huge part of the problem is the fact that car park space sizing hasn't changed since the Austin 7 was the typical family car. It is about time that car park spaces were marked out to reflect the increased size of the average modern car.

GeoffT said:
Having just had come back to our 2 month old A3 in a hospital car park to find the rear lens cracked and a small (very small fortunately) scratch on the paintwork, I can totally sympathise with all who park miles away from other cars.

However, surely a huge part of the problem is the fact that car park space sizing hasn't changed since the Austin 7 was the typical family car. It is about time that car park spaces were marked out to reflect the increased size of the average modern car.

This was going to be my reply to the 'child and parent' bays question i made earlier on in the thread...whic is why, at times, i have used them (only when there are a few free may i add)

My A3 is a 3 dr, and is hard to get out/in when someone has left the space of a rizzla between me and them!

I am also in the 'someone scratched my car' club too! 2 days after purchase!

Spot on! Nothing wrong in having pride in your car and parking safe

I agree, providing the car park is not busy. To park over two bays if the car park is busy is just selfish.

GeoffT said:
Yes, check the picture of the TT above and see how close to the line it is. Even if the car parked next to him was straight if it was equi-distant from the line as the TT is it will be still be a mighty squeeze.

Parking across 2 bays is just asking for trouble as people will park next to the car rather than bother with the lines and just use the excuse of the car next to them being the one parked badly (which it is!) so you can hardly take the moral highground. Plus it presents a tempting gap to wheel a trolley through...

I always park over two bays, even on pay and display car parks. A fine is alot cheaper than having a dent repaired.

I hate car parks too with inconsiderate idiots who dent your door.

Other pet hate is multi-storeys where the 'down' ramps are incredibly tight to turn into and u risk scraping the rear alloy.

i got no problems with parking far away; thats completely your own choice, but when i'm looking for parking and theres someone taking up 2 spots, it really just $hits me.
maybe parking spaces are a hell of a lot narrower over there than they are here in australia...
this kinda stuff happens here once in a blue moon and only if someone really done a chat job at parking...