idiot who can't park

anygreg said:
This was going to be my reply to the 'child and parent' bays question i made earlier on in the thread...whic is why, at times, i have used them (only when there are a few free may i add)
Don't get me started on P&C spaces - they're a joke and discriminate against those without small children. I have no problem with disabled spaces as no-one chooses to be disabled but why does someone who chooses to have children automatically have a right to better parking!?

That said, I still generally don't park in them, the exception being if it's 11pm at night and the place is empty and thus there's no harm in parking in them to be close to the entrance when you want to nip in quickly. What I have noticed lately is parents with children of any age using them. They're supposed to be for those with children young enough to be in child seats, as the extra space is intended to aid them extracate their children from said seats. If your kids are old enough to not need a seat and be able to get out of the car themselves, you're not entitled to use them you fuckwits!

Vertigo1 said:
Don't get me started on P&C spaces - they're a joke and discriminate against those without small children. I have no problem with disabled spaces as no-one chooses to be disabled but why does someone who chooses to have children automatically have a right to better parking!?
If it keeps the MPVs full of kids from opening their doors against your prized possession then it is a good thing. Whilst I agree that only those trying to get car seats out and having somewhere to safely put a pushchair whilst they get a small child out really need the extra room, getting six year old kids to be careful opening their door can be very difficult. It isn't about having the best parking but having the extra room and safety.

Exactly - I would rather they park in a nice wide space than slam the car door into my car.

Agree generally though that spaces overall are just too narrow.

I think parking over two bays is pretty selfish at any time, how this is seen as a more 'moral' thing to do than parking in family spaces i don't know - its equally as selfish, possibly depriving someone of being able to park - it also shouts out hey look at me i'm trying to be clever and not get my car damaged - i'm sure this is a tempting carrot for some unscrupilous prson (who can't find a space) to purposefully scratch your car to teach some sort of lesson.

I think spitting on someones car, however close they park is also pretty sick and stupid.

The best way (although not flawless) for me is to park in an end space where possible, where you can get right over to the kerb on one side leaving a generous side on the drivers side - its not perfect but it hedges your bets - there is no guaranteed way of parking and getting no damage, this side of sawing your leg off and getting a disabled badge!

john2garden said:
Sounds Chavish but when people do that to me I spit on their window.

Especially when they park in Mother and Babies spaces and they have not got a kid.

I'd hate to see what you would do to someone if they parked in a disabled spot and they weren't disabled. :)

Perhaps the best way of avoiding all these major disasters is to leave the car safely tucked up in the garage and just open the door at weekends to admire it.

h5djr said:
Perhaps the best way of avoiding all these major disasters is to leave the car safely tucked up in the garage and just open the door at weekends to admire it.
:laugh:

cooni said:
maybe parking spaces are a hell of a lot narrower over there than they are here in australia...
They are the same size cooni

voorhees said:
They are the same size cooni
... maybe people over there just cant park then...
i really very rarely see this kinda thing happening here

I solved it by buying another car, never take the S3 shopping in fact I know I am sad but I seldom leave it anywhere out of view

funguf said:
I'd hate to see what you would do to someone if they parked in a disabled spot and they weren't disabled. :)

Me too ...i reckon it would rhyme with 'spit on the car' ...would be one hell of a sight though, imagine coming back to your ilegally parked car in a disabled spot with some guy squatting over your sun roof!! lol's

you gotta laugh!:eiertritt:

steve184 said:
The best way (although not flawless) for me is to park in an end space where possible, where you can get right over to the kerb on one side leaving a generous side on the drivers side - its not perfect but it hedges your bets - there is no guaranteed way of parking and getting no damage, this side of sawing your leg off and getting a disabled badge!

Thats what I always do, gives you 50% less chance of some dimwit dinging your car. Wife goes mad as I drive around the car park, went to the pictures once and because I could not get an end or parellel space we went home sad or what !!

The thing now steve184 is every one on here will now be looking for end spaces, looks like a few more circuits of the car park. He He !!

Mark

baldrick said:
getting six year old kids to be careful opening their door can be very difficult.
No it's not - that's what child locks on the rear doors are for - if you can't trust them to get out without causing damage then they can wait until you let them out.

Sorry but there's far too much of this "you can't stop kids..." crap lately - you can, just most parents can't be ****** bothered.

Vertigo1 said:
Sorry but there's far too much of this "you can't stop kids..." crap lately - you can, just most parents can't be ****** bothered.

:applaus:

Got to agree !!!

Mark

Be aware that supermarket carparks are sloped down towards the furthest space for rain run off.

This also means left trolleys can head your way sometimes at speed.

No prizes for working out how I know this.

Choose your space carefully young jedi.

Vertigo1 said:
No it's not - that's what child locks on the rear doors are for - if you can't trust them to get out without causing damage then they can wait until you let them out.

Well they have got to get back in, only this time the parent has a trolley to manage. Like I said I would rather the parent has a nice wide space to park the trolley whilst trying to get the kids in than be next to my car in a normal width space.

Quite frankly I don't care walking a few extra metres if the parent and child spaces are closer, although that isn't always the case. Then again I prefer walking to shopping...

10 disabled places at a supermarket. Very late at night and the likelyhood of 10 disabled people appearing is fairly low.

Do you park there?

YES, every time.

If I am just visiting for a short period of time, and less than half of the disabled bays are being used, i'll park in the furthest one away from the store.

This usually happens at my local Tesco's where there is a stupidily large number of disabled bays which never get used

HTC said:
10 disabled places at a supermarket. Very late at night and the likelyhood of 10 disabled people appearing is fairly low.

Do you park there?
The whole thing stinks of descrimination! If they can park in our spots, surely we can park in theirs.

NOTE - The above is for comedy effect, so go easy with the angry responses!

MarcQuinlivan said:
The whole thing stinks of descrimination! If they can park in our spots, surely we can park in theirs.

Funny old world eh? If we can have bays for just disabled people and parents, why cant we have spaces just for white/black people etc

we demand special audi bays, with rooves carpets and poles (for the dancers!)

Nah stuff it just let us drive right into the store so we dont have to get off our lazy asses

Just been out today(sunday),parked far side of the car park and waited in the car while my wife went into the shops.Two mins later some old fart parked at the side of me 10" away and was going to try and get out until he saw me sitting there looking at him.He started up and just drove off.What would he have done if i was not in the car!!!!!!!!
:banghead:

Forget people that cant park, what about those that cant drive.

Had my A3 for a week and an old man came round a corner on my side of the road, i managed to miss him but a concrete post decided to put a car length scrath down the left hand side of my car!

£1500 worth of damage.

Wasnt happy!!!

yeh, people who can't drive really drive me mad! Was in leamington Spa today, was in the correct lane, indicating correctly, under the speed limit etc, and came to a round about and had to slam on the anchors as some woman pulled straight out in front of me. She then looked as me as if to say, 'what the hell are you doing?'. I swear most people have no idea about right of way on roundabouts, how many times do i get stuck behind people when they batantly are have no idea who should be pulling out in front of who.

Especially when they park in Mother and Babies spaces and they have not got a kid.

you are a filthy animal

aside from your digusting habits, since when have we had to make allowances for others lifestyle choices?

stores only create these spaces to entice shoppers to their supermarkets - nothing more. they aren't entitled to them whatsoever, so much so if I see a vacant one I'll use it

futhermore, what the beneift to be gain by parking 10 yards closer to the entrance when you'll be dragging a child half a mile round a store?

Unfortunately I didnt get his details.

I hate people that:

-Cant Park
-Drive under the speed limit
-Drive in the middle lane of the motorway under 70
-Drive in the inside lane of the motorway, do 70, and when you catch them up, they dont move over to the middle lane, then give you dodgy looks when you under take them.
-Sunday drivers.
-People that dont know right of way.
-People that straddle both lanes at a traffic light so you cant get past them.
-Chavs that think they can beat me in their 70bhp Saxo's just because it has a bigger exhaust and dodgy lights. I have over twice the amount of horse's under my bonnet mate, why bother trying???
-People that give me evils for exercising my right, as an A3 owner to do 0-60 in under 10 seconds.

All the above really really annoy me.

Glad to get that off my chest, need a pint now!

Yep i agree with most of this thread , i'm a wirey bloke and even i couldn't fit through them gaps! i don't have a problem squeezing in my car , if someone can't park , it's the fact that they open there door carelessly onto my car and damage it!

Ive parked badly, enough times and had to squeeze out , making sure my door doesn't hit there car!

With the S3 tho i don't give a monkeys if somebody calls me a cnut or i get a parking fine for parking in two bays ( not two FULL bays , but more than one ) , i'm not getting a bill for £££ when all i want is a pint of milk!

p

I've had nothing but problems since i got my A3. my girlfriend and i went out, and i parked on a car car park wiv what must of been 500 spaces, only a few dozen were taken up near the door, so i parked 3 rows away and all the way at the other end... no other car anywhere near me, wen we came back i had a big dint down the crease on my car! some people carrier was parked a few spaces infront of me. Obviously his kids had opened the door on my car and he thought 'ouch! expensive'. nothing i could do though, couldn't prove it was him. I just couldn't believe it, i was in the middle of nowhere, what made the other driver think 'i know, il park next to that car miles away from the entrance'. there are some idiots around!!

Thats horrible mate,but it made me laugh lol, the way that megane has parked takes the **** tho

well for one I think parking spaces in UK are within the lower limits of the law in terms of size because of money! Like houses, garages, etc.

If a developer can squeeze 10 more parking spaces or even 10 more houses he will!! Sab really in my third world country, Portugal, proper houses, proper flats, proper parking spaces.... the way it should be....

I have never seen a studio in Portugal smaller than 50 square meters! In London someone tried to charge me £1000 a month for the same as my laundry room in Porto.... pathetic!!

We also don't have mummies/family parking places and I like it that way! Sorry people with babies but... I don't think your are entitled to more than me... there are push chairs, they have wheels....

We only have disabled parking and quite right I think... the rest sorry... no sympathy. Healthy enough to have a baby, healthy enough to walk 20-30 metres from the parking space to the entrance of the shop.

I personally don't park in two spaces maybe because parking spaces are a bit bigger in Porto or never felt the need for that...

Pedro

you are a filthy animal

aside from your digusting habits, since when have we had to make allowances for others lifestyle choices?

stores only create these spaces to entice shoppers to their supermarkets - nothing more. they aren't entitled to them whatsoever, so much so if I see a vacant one I'll use it

futhermore, what the beneift to be gain by parking 10 yards closer to the entrance when you'll be dragging a child half a mile round a store?
totally agree and I have kids
I park in the pick up point and have done ever since they put it at supermarkets and not once have I received a telling off apart from a keyboard warrior on here

My local supermarket has just had a complete overhaul including the parking. Now all the spaces closest to the store are disabled bays only. I recon there's at least 50!

For the 5 years I've been using it I've never seen more than one unfortunate sod in a wheelchair in there at anyone one time.

Where do the planners get ideas like that? Beats me.

I couldn't sleep after work , so we did our shopping at 5.30 this morning!

I parked in the mother and baby parking!:ninja:

p

I'd gree, Any time before 7am is a good time due to the idiot's still in bed and the time it takes for old folk's to get up and get into their cars.
:yahoo:

In preperation to getting a flaming session started....considering the nature of this thread, what are peoples views with parking in the parent and child bays?
If you don't have children, then it's a total no-no in my opinion, much like using a disabled space even though most people probably think this is less important.

Luckily, my son is 18 months old and every opportunity I can I will always go for parent/child spaces (and my wife has been "trained" to do the same, too!).

But if I can't get the parent/child spaces, then I'll park as far away as possible, or park next to the newest/most expensive car possible.